Poll: Would you accept Lor'themar Theron as your Warchief

Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    why do we need to be in orgrimmar? he can sit in silvermoon and rule everything from there.

Umm, no.

Call me a fanboy, biased, whatever...

It needs to be an Orc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rageadon View Post
    why do we need to be in orgrimmar? he can sit in silvermoon and rule everything from there.
    Orgrimmar is more centrally located, Silvermoon is rather remote.

Four horde races are centered around West Cental Kalimdor (Orc/Troll/Tauren/Goblin) and only two are in northern Lordaeron (Foresaken/BElf)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post
    It's true that Lor'themar was making a consideration about leaving the Horde with his people, but he wasn't the only one. Vol'jin had been considering it since Garrosh came into power. Baine and Sylvanas would likely have made such plans too, if they didn't feel their people would be placed in incredible danger by such a move, considering their position. Right near Orgrimmar, for Baine, and with Alliance on her doorstep, and angry orcs in her city, for Sylvanas.

I don't think his consideration about staying with the Horde or not disqualifies him as a potential for Warchief. It's taken time for all leaders to see the others were as willing as they to oppose Garrosh. To believe they have the strength to take back the Horde, together.
    The problem is Lor'themar wasn't just considering, he was all the way through until the Purge of Dalaran happened. And not just leaving the Horde, but joining the Alliance as well. That's the issue.

Even with Lor'themar Theron being my favorite of the leaders, and me being a massive Blood Elf fan - I just don't think he'd fit in right as the Warchief.

I do, however, think he has what it takes to be the one, if it ever comes to it.

But honestly, at the moment, I see a lot of potentially good Warchief Advisers but not one fitting the position of Warchief, per se. So my vote would still be: a Council.

He's a good leader for the blood elves, bad for the Horde all-together, unless I've missed something that sets him more in line with Thrall sans his obsessive needs for universal balance.

I enjoy the tears of orc supremacists so my vote is for Lor'themar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneru View Post
    Back in Molten Core in Vanilla, about 20 people up and the rest still being ressed. Cidet, our rogue, goes in stealth and moves up to Ragnaros. About 5 seconds later, Ragnaros aggroes and starts killing all of us again. Everyone is pissed and I whisper Cidet "wtf happened?!". All he replies me is...

"Target has no pockets"

Deleted
    I would vote for Saurfang, but since I can't, I'll vote yes. Sorry, but Vol'jin is incompetent, as much as I like him.
    Blood Elves can lead, they're not hippies. 90% of them died, they know how to fight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    Orgrimmar is more centrally located, Silvermoon is rather remote.

Four horde races are centered around West Cental Kalimdor (Orc/Troll/Tauren/Goblin) and only two are in northern Lordaeron (Foresaken/BElf)
    heard about teleports? zeppelins? and boats? not hard to get over there, it's remote, yes! but otherwise i don't see why not to stay in Silvermoon for an xpack or two, i'm quite sick of org too ;p

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
    After he showed his disloyalty to the Horde by attempting to rejoin the Alliance, I would not want him anywhere near the title of Warchief.

He, just like Garrosh, only cares for his own peoples' well being.
    That's because it's lor'themars job to only care for his own people, garrosh is not only warchief of the orcs but also the horde, so garry has bigger responsabilities.

Deleted
    To the people who say a non-orc can't be Warchief - Cairne challenged Garrosh for the position with no one saying that he couldn't because he was Tauren.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Latex View Post
    To the people who say a non-orc can't be Warchief - Cairne challenged Garrosh for the position with no one saying that he couldn't because he was Tauren.
    He coulda been walking around with the mantle as well, had it not been for Magatha. And then Allll of this bullcrap that happened with Garrosh coulda been prevented.
    ---TransAwesome---
    A rainbow a day keeps the gloomies away.

Deleted
    what's wrong with basic campfire?

Well I think the best options is either Vol'jin, Saurfang, Thrall, or Baine. I would take Lor'themar over Sylvanas. While I do love Sylvanas, she would probably be just as bad as Garrosh. Experimenting, melting faces off with the plague, raising the dead. Basically becoming more like Arthas. :\ She would throw the world into more chaos. So Lor'themar is my last choice, over Sylvanas.

Deleted
    Don't know which poll option to take. I think he is a good leader and would make a good warchief but I don't want to see anyone but an orc as warchief. If Lor was made warchief I don't see any reason for why he would attack the alliance and keep the war going. If anything he would strive for peace but I guess Blizzard will ram a cause in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tirr View Post
    Don't know which poll option to take. I think he is a good leader and would make a good warchief but I don't want to see anyone but an orc as warchief. If Lor was made warchief I don't see any reason for why he would attack the alliance and keep the war going. If anything he would strive for peace but I guess Blizzard will ram a cause in.
    The kirin tor is a good enough reason, he's already been in open war with them once since leaving hellscream's horde.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tirr View Post
    That is the whole point of Garrosh being overthrown and why Lor'themar is such a good candidate. The war is over after 5.4, David Kosak had implied as much in his interview.

I'd go join the Alliance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait so the Ranger turned Politician that has a strong distaste for politics and had enough headaches overseeing Silvermoon is a good canidate for Warchief? What is this Warcraft: Blood Elves vs. Humans? No thanks, anyone who wants "Warchief Lor'themar Theron" Needs to go piss off and play the Alliance. There's no reason to strip the Horde of it's Classic feel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    Wait so the Ranger turned Politician that has a strong distaste for politics and had enough headaches overseeing Silvermoon is a good canidate for Warchief? What is this Warcraft: Blood Elves vs. Humans? No thanks, anyone who wants "Warchief Lor'themar Theron" Needs to go piss off and play the Alliance. There's no reason to strip the Horde of it's Classic feel.
    Just because someone doesn't prefer politics over combat doesn't make them a bad leader. This is exactly what I keep talking about, no one ever has any good solid reasons as to why he couldn't be Warchief other than 'no he's a blood elf this is orc horde only go play alliance'. What "Classic feel" are you referring to? And why would having a blood elf warchief ruin that feel? This isn't WC 2 or 3 anymore. The Horde is made up of Blood Elves, Forsaken, Goblins, and Pandaren now, not just the Orcs, Tauren, and Trolls... which seem to be the only races that matter when discussing any changes to the Horde anyway. I'm surprised Garrosh got as much hate as he did judging from some of the volatile responses towards an actually capable leader who's only flaw is that he happens to be good looking.