Will affliction gearin be similar to what it it in 5.3? Just wondering If I should switch now or wait.

I have wooshoos and UVLS, both 2/2 upgraded lfr Peices of crap. I also have the shadow pan assualt vp trinket. Which wi be beat for going into 5.4 as affliction. My guess is trade out UVLS for shadow pan trink.

Deleted
    Please don't bring pvp in the equation. When was the last time you saw detro locks topping the arena charts (hint: maybe MoP beta?) How long were spriests, ferals & bm hunters completely retardedly op in MoP? (hint: all extension)

Fact is Blizzard has done a serious mess with ember regen change then completely forgot to clean it up. That even destro aoe will be competitive remains to be seen. Now it's simply too late. Assuming they did changes today there won't be enough time to test them before live. 5.4 is coming soon and destro will be crap.

Another PTR build, no mention of Warlocks (Destro)....Blizz, you have 2 weeks...get busy.

Spell Changes

Originally Posted by MMO-Champion

Hunter (Forums, Talent Calculator)

•Arcane Shot An instant shot that causes 125% weapon damage plus 2,378 2,882 as Arcane damage. Requires Ranged Weapon. 30 Focus. 40 yd range.

Talents

•Lynx Rush Your pet rapidly charges from target to target, attacking 9 times over 4 sec. Each attack causes the target to bleed for [ 330 + 14.5% [ 430 + 19% of AP ] damage over 15 sec, stacking up to 9 times. The pet must be within 10 yards of the target to Lynx Rush. Hunter - LvL 75 Talent. 100 yd range. Instant. 1.5 min cooldown.

Beast Mastery

•Kill Command (Beast Mastery) Give the command to kill, causing your pet to instantly inflict [ 1,215 + 140.1% [ 1,627 + 163.2% of RAP ] damage to its target and apply the Hunter's Mark effect.
    •Kill Command (Marksmanship, Survival) Give the command to kill, causing your pet to instantly inflict [ 1,047 + 120.8% [ 1,403 + 140.7% of RAP ] damage to its target and apply the Hunter's Mark effect.

Marksmanship

•Aimed Shot A powerful aimed shot that deals 400% ranged weapon damage plus 12,612 450% ranged weapon damage plus 12,339. Requires Ranged Weapon. Hunter - Marksmanship Spec. 50 Focus. 40 yd range. 2.5 sec cast.

Survival

•Explosive Shot You fire an explosive charge into the enemy target, dealing [ 453 + 36.3% [ 488 + 39.1% of RAP ] Fire damage initially and every second for 2 sec and applying the Hunter's Mark effect. Requires Ranged Weapon. Hunter - Survival Spec. 25 Focus. 40 yd range. 6 sec cooldown.

Monk (Forums, Talent Calculator)

•Blackout Kick (Brewmaster) Kick with a blast of Chi energy, dealing [ 256% of Mainhand Min DPS + 128% of Offhand Min DPS + 64.7% of AP - 7 ] to [ 256% of Mainhand Max DPS + 128% of Offhand Max DPS + 64.7% [ 640% of Mainhand Min DPS + 320% of Offhand Min DPS + 50.9% of AP - 7 ] to [ 640% of Mainhand Max DPS + 320% of Offhand Max DPS + 50.9% of AP + 7 ] Physical damage.
    •Blackout Kick (Brewmaster) Kick with a blast of Chi energy, dealing [ 256% of Mainhand Min DPS + 128% of Offhand Min DPS + 64.7% of AP - 7 ] to [ 256% of Mainhand Max DPS + 128% of Offhand Max DPS + 64.7% [ 640% of Mainhand Min DPS + 320% of Offhand Min DPS + 50.9% of AP - 7 ] to [ 640% of Mainhand Max DPS + 320% of Offhand Max DPS + 50.9% of AP + 7 ] Physical damage.
    •Fists of Fury Brewmaster, Windwalker: Pummel all targets in front of you with rapid hand strikes, stunning them and dealing [ 240% of Mainhand Min DPS + 120% of Offhand Min DPS + 60.7% of AP - 7 ] to [ 240% of Mainhand Max DPS + 120% of Offhand Max DPS + 60.7% [ 600% of Mainhand Min DPS + 300% of Offhand Min DPS + 47.7% of AP - 7 ] to [ 600% of Mainhand Max DPS + 300% of Offhand Max DPS + 47.7% of AP + 7 ] damage immediately and every 1 sec for 4 sec. Damage is spread evenly over all targets. Mistweaver: Pummel all targets in front of you with rapid hand strikes, stunning them and dealing [ 900% of Mainhand Min DPS + 47.7% of AP - 7 ] to [ 900% of Mainhand Max DPS + 47.7% of AP + 7 ] damage immediately and every 1 sec for 4 sec. Damage is spread evenly over all targets. Windwalker: Pummel all targets in front of you with rapid hand strikes, stunning them and dealing [ 600% of Mainhand Min DPS + 300% of Offhand Min DPS + 47.7% of AP - 7 ] to [ 600% of Mainhand Max DPS + 300% of Offhand Max DPS + 47.7% of AP + 7 ] damage immediately and every 1 sec for 4 sec. Damage is spread evenly over all targets. Melee range. Instant. Melee range. Instant.
    •Jab Brewmaster: You Jab the target, dealing [ 53.9% of Mainhand Min DPS + 27% of Offhand Min DPS + 13.6% of AP - 2 ] to [ 53.9% of Mainhand Max DPS + 27% of Offhand Max DPS + 13.6% of AP + 2 ] damage and generating 1 Chi. Mistweaver: You Jab the target, dealing [ 202.2% of Mainhand Min DPS + 10.7% of AP - 2 ] to [ 202.2% of Mainhand Max DPS + 10.7% of AP + 2 ] damage and generating 1 Chi. Windwalker: You Jab the target, dealing [ 134.8% of Mainhand Min DPS + 67.4% of Offhand Min DPS + 10.7% of AP - 2 ] to [ 134.8% of Mainhand Max DPS + 67.4% of Offhand Max DPS + 10.7% of AP + 2 ] damage and generating 1 Chi. Mistweaver: You Jab the target, dealing [ 202.2% of Mainhand Min DPS + 10.7% of AP - 2 ] to [ 202.2% of Mainhand Max DPS + 10.7% of AP + 2 ] damage and generating 1 Chi. Requires Serpent Stance, Ox Stance, Tiger Stance. 8% of Base Mana / 40 Energy / 40 Energy. Melee range. Instant.
    •Swift Reflexes Brewmaster, Windwalker: Increases your chance to parry by 5%. Whenever you parry an attack, you reflexively strike back at the enemy for [ 10.8% of Mainhand Min DPS + 5.4% of Offhand Min DPS + 2.7% of AP ] to [ 10.8% of Mainhand Max DPS + 5.4% of Offhand Max DPS + 2.7% [ 27% of Mainhand Min DPS + 13.5% of Offhand Min DPS + 2.1% of AP ] to [ 27% of Mainhand Max DPS + 13.5% of Offhand Max DPS + 2.1% of AP ] damage. This effect has a 1 sec cooldown. Mistweaver: Increases your chance to parry by 5%. Whenever you parry an attack, you reflexively strike back at the enemy for [ 40.4% of Mainhand Min DPS + 2.1% of AP ] to [ 40.4% of Mainhand Max DPS + 2.1% of AP ] damage. This effect has a 1 sec cooldown. Windwalker: Increases your chance to parry by 5%. Whenever you parry an attack, you reflexively strike back at the enemy for [ 27% of Mainhand Min DPS + 13.5% of Offhand Min DPS + 2.1% of AP ] to [ 27% of Mainhand Max DPS + 13.5% of Offhand Max DPS + 2.1% of AP ] damage. This effect has a 1 sec cooldown. Passive. Passive.
    •Tiger Palm Brewmaster, Windwalker: Attack with the palm of your hand, dealing [ 107.9% of Mainhand Min DPS + 53.9% of Offhand Min DPS + 27.3% of AP - 3 ] to [ 107.9% of Mainhand Max DPS + 53.9% of Offhand Max DPS + 27.3% [ 269.7% of Mainhand Min DPS + 134.8% of Offhand Min DPS + 21.4% of AP - 3 ] to [ 269.7% of Mainhand Max DPS + 134.8% of Offhand Max DPS + 21.4% of AP + 3 ] damage. Also grants you Tiger Power, causing your attacks to ignore 30% of enemies' armor for 20 sec. Mistweaver: Attack with the palm of your hand, dealing [ 809% of Mainhand Min DPS + 42.9% of AP - 6 ] to [ 809% of Mainhand Max DPS + 42.9% of AP + 6 ] damage. Also grants you Tiger Power, causing your attacks to ignore 30% of enemies' armor for 20 sec. Windwalker: Attack with the palm of your hand, dealing [ 269.7% of Mainhand Min DPS + 134.8% of Offhand Min DPS + 21.4% of AP - 3 ] to [ 269.7% of Mainhand Max DPS + 134.8% of Offhand Max DPS + 21.4% of AP + 3 ] damage. Also grants you Tiger Power, causing your attacks to ignore 30% of enemies' armor for 20 sec. Requires Serpent Stance, Ox Stance, Tiger Stance. 1 Chi. Melee range. Instant.

Brewmaster

•Keg Smash Brewmaster, Windwalker: You smash a keg of brew on the target, dealing [ 359.6% of Mainhand Min DPS + 179.8% of Offhand Min DPS + 90.9% of AP - 10 ] to [ 359.6% of Mainhand Max DPS + 179.8% of Offhand Max DPS + 90.9% [ 898.9% of Mainhand Min DPS + 449.4% of Offhand Min DPS + 71.4% of AP - 10 ] to [ 898.9% of Mainhand Max DPS + 449.4% of Offhand Max DPS + 71.4% of AP + 10 ] damage to all nearby enemies within 8 yards. Also drenches targets in your Dizzying Haze and applies the Weakened Blows effect. Generates 2 Chi. Weakened Blows Demoralizes the target, reducing their physical damage dealt by 10% for 30 sec. Mistweaver: You smash a keg of brew on the target, dealing [ 1,348.3% of Mainhand Min DPS + 71.4% of AP - 10 ] to [ 1,348.3% of Mainhand Max DPS + 71.4% of AP + 10 ] damage to all nearby enemies within 8 yards. Also drenches targets in your Dizzying Haze and applies the Weakened Blows effect. Generates 2 Chi. Weakened Blows Demoralizes the target, reducing their physical damage dealt by 10% for 30 sec. Windwalker: You smash a keg of brew on the target, dealing [ 898.9% of Mainhand Min DPS + 449.4% of Offhand Min DPS + 71.4% of AP - 10 ] to [ 898.9% of Mainhand Max DPS + 449.4% of Offhand Max DPS + 71.4% of AP + 10 ] damage to all nearby enemies within 8 yards. Also drenches targets in your Dizzying Haze and applies the Weakened Blows effect. Generates 2 Chi. Weakened Blows Demoralizes the target, reducing their physical damage dealt by 10% for 30 sec. Requires Ox Stance. Monk - Brewmaster Spec. 40 Energy. Melee range. Instant. 8 sec cooldown.

Windwalker

•Fists of Fury Brewmaster, Windwalker: Pummel all targets in front of you with rapid hand strikes, stunning them and dealing [ 240% of Mainhand Min DPS + 120% of Offhand Min DPS + 60.7% of AP - 7 ] to [ 240% of Mainhand Max DPS + 120% of Offhand Max DPS + 60.7% [ 600% of Mainhand Min DPS + 300% of Offhand Min DPS + 47.7% of AP - 7 ] to [ 600% of Mainhand Max DPS + 300% of Offhand Max DPS + 47.7% of AP + 7 ] damage immediately and every 1 sec for 4 sec. Damage is spread evenly over all targets. Mistweaver: Pummel all targets in front of you with rapid hand strikes, stunning them and dealing [ 900% of Mainhand Min DPS + 47.7% of AP - 7 ] to [ 900% of Mainhand Max DPS + 47.7% of AP + 7 ] damage immediately and every 1 sec for 4 sec. Damage is spread evenly over all targets. Windwalker: Pummel all targets in front of you with rapid hand strikes, stunning them and dealing [ 600% of Mainhand Min DPS + 300% of Offhand Min DPS + 47.7% of AP - 7 ] to [ 600% of Mainhand Max DPS + 300% of Offhand Max DPS + 47.7% of AP + 7 ] damage immediately and every 1 sec for 4 sec. Damage is spread evenly over all targets. Requires Tiger Stance. Monk - Windwalker Spec. 3 Chi. Melee range. 4 sec cast (Channeled). 25 sec cooldown.
    •Rising Sun Kick Brewmaster: You kick upwards, dealing [ 460.8% of Mainhand Min DPS + 230.4% of Offhand Min DPS + 116.5% of AP - 13 ] to [ 460.8% of Mainhand Max DPS + 230.4% of Offhand Max DPS + 116.5% , Windwalker: You kick upwards, dealing [ 1,152% of Mainhand Min DPS + 576% of Offhand Min DPS + 91.5% of AP - 13 ] to [ 1,152% of Mainhand Max DPS + 576% of Offhand Max DPS + 91.5% of AP + 13 ] damage and applying Mortal Wounds to the target. Also causes all targets within 8 yards to take an increased 20% damage from your abilities for 15 sec. Mortal Wounds Grievously wounds the target, reducing the effectiveness of any healing received for 10 sec. Mistweaver: You kick upwards, dealing [ 1,728% of Mainhand Min DPS + 91.5% of AP - 13 ] to [ 1,728% of Mainhand Max DPS + 91.5% of AP + 13 ] damage and applying Mortal Wounds to the target. Also causes all targets within 8 yards to take an increased 20% damage from your abilities for 15 sec. Mortal Wounds Grievously wounds the target, reducing the effectiveness of any healing received for 10 sec. Windwalker: You kick upwards, dealing [ 1,152% of Mainhand Min DPS + 576% of Offhand Min DPS + 91.5% of AP - 13 ] to [ 1,152% of Mainhand Max DPS + 576% of Offhand Max DPS + 91.5% of AP + 13 ] damage and applying Mortal Wounds to the target. Also causes all targets within 8 yards to take an increased 20% damage from your abilities for 15 sec. Mortal Wounds Grievously wounds the target, reducing the effectiveness of any healing received for 10 sec. Monk - Windwalker Spec. 2 Chi. Melee range. Instant. 8 sec cooldown.
    •Spinning Fire Blossom Brewmaster: Deals [ 75.5% of Mainhand Min DPS + 37.8% of Offhand Min DPS + 19.1% of AP - 2 ] to [ 75.5% of Mainhand Max DPS + 37.8% of Offhand Max DPS + 19.1% Windwalker: Deals [ 188.8% of Mainhand Min DPS + 94.4% of Offhand Min DPS + 15% of AP - 2 ] to [ 188.8% of Mainhand Max DPS + 94.4% of Offhand Max DPS + 15% of AP + 2 ] Fire damage to the first enemy target in front of you within 0 yards. If Spinning Fire Blossom travels further than 10 yards, the damage is increased by 50% and you root the target for 2 sec. Mistweaver: Deals [ 283.1% of Mainhand Min DPS + 15% of AP - 2 ] to [ 283.1% of Mainhand Max DPS + 15% of AP + 2 ] Fire damage to the first enemy target in front of you within 0 yards. If Spinning Fire Blossom travels further than 10 yards, the damage is increased by 50% and you root the target for 2 sec. Windwalker: Deals [ 188.8% of Mainhand Min DPS + 94.4% of Offhand Min DPS + 15% of AP - 2 ] to [ 188.8% of Mainhand Max DPS + 94.4% of Offhand Max DPS + 15% of AP + 2 ] Fire damage to the first enemy target in front of you within 0 yards. If Spinning Fire Blossom travels further than 10 yards, the damage is increased by 50% and you root the target for 2 sec. Monk - Windwalker Spec. 1 Chi. 50 yd range. Instant.

Paladin (Forums, Talent Calculator)
    Holy

•Guardian of Ancient Kings Summons a Guardian of Ancient Kings to help you heal for 15 sec. The Guardian of Ancient Kings will heal the targets of your heals for an additional 30% of the amount healed and grants you 10% haste for its duration. Paladin - Holy Spec. 30 yd range. Instant. 5 min cooldown. 3 min cooldown.

Rogue (Forums, Talent Calculator)
    Assassination

•Assassin's Resolve While wielding daggers, your maximum Energy is increased by 20 and your damage is increased by 30% 25%. Requires Daggers. Rogue - Assassination Spec.

Raid & Dungeon Abilities

•Chain Lightning Inflicts 250,000 Nature damage, chaining to nearby enemies. Unlimited range. 2.5 sec cast. 100 yd range. 2.5 sec cast.
    •Corrosive Blood Inflicts 0 Nature damage initially, and then 0 Nature damage every 2 1 seconds. Limited to 2 targets. 300 yd range. 3 sec cast.
    •Deafening Screech Inflicts 0 Physical damage to all enemies and interrupts spellcasting for 2 sec. 100 Mana. 3 sec cast. 1 sec cooldown. 1.5 sec cooldown.
    •Fearsome Roar Inflicts 0 Physical damage in a frontal cone. The roar incites terror in the heart of enemies, causing them to take 50% 25% more damage per stack. 45 yd range. 3 sec cast.

I'm still so bummed out about the KJC changes that I'm not feeling like playing much lately. Been playing my warrior a lil bit.

I just don't get it, why change something that made us locks feel so damn good about playing but not made us OP, it wasnt game breaking or anything like that, many classes doing better than us even with us casting everything while moving.

It was just a very fun play style, and they decided we were having too much fun, and we can't have that...

Deleted
    Another build without any change, what a joke now.

Quote Originally Posted by Zumzumzum View Post
    Another build without any change, what a joke now.
    Don't lose faith yet Zum...they basically have 1 week to implement changes with an additional week to test them...if we do not see anything by the 3rd-4th...then we can get our torches and pitchforks....

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I used to play ret pally back when I raided hardcore, but Blizzard has been progressively making that class faceroll status. Consequently, I re-rolled lock at the start of June, leveled him up, and I've been thoroughly enjoying demo since i hit 90 (yes, I've been playing it since then). Unfortunately, I haven't yet gotten UVLS (10 coins, 3 normal and 7 LFR kills). The problem I'm having with the status of the next tier is that demo may be crap and unusable. I personally LOATHE destro as the rotation is extremely boring and stupid, and I'm worried that affliction will be the same.

I tried out affliction on the PTR with a ~14k haste build, and had some fun, but can't seem to understand its mechanics well enough. I'm trying to practice the Soulburn - Soul Swap thingy for re-applying dots during cooldowns or trinket procs, but find myself running out of Soul Shards even with the 4 piece. Is it just bad RnG, or is there a way to avoid having to DS to regain my soul shards during a non-execute fight?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Saferis View Post
    I used to play ret pally back when I raided hardcore, but Blizzard has been progressively making that class faceroll status. Consequently, I re-rolled lock at the start of June, leveled him up, and I've been thoroughly enjoying demo since i hit 90 (yes, I've been playing it since then). Unfortunately, I haven't yet gotten UVLS (10 coins, 3 normal and 7 LFR kills). The problem I'm having with the status of the next tier is that demo may be crap and unusable. I personally LOATHE destro as the rotation is extremely boring and stupid, and I'm worried that affliction will be the same.

I tried out affliction on the PTR with a ~14k haste build, and had some fun, but can't seem to understand its mechanics well enough. I'm trying to practice the Soulburn - Soul Swap thingy for re-applying dots during cooldowns or trinket procs, but find myself running out of Soul Shards even with the 4 piece. Is it just bad RnG, or is there a way to avoid having to DS to regain my soul shards during a non-execute fight?
    It's never worth to DS out of execute, and you should not SB:SS much at all, just a few at the start. Just refresh dots manually, the only thing I would SB:SS for on PTR is 10 stack Wushoolay.

I am just confused at the massive buffs they are giving out this patch, mostly to classes that are already topping the meters. Im not asking for any nerfs but unless all the sims are off about how the equipment scales per spec, then where are they getting there reasoning from?

tbh as much as I loathe Affliction, I really liked the new incarnation of Soul Swap and was having fun with it on Flex this weekend (despite the massive input lag I was getting from playing at 400-500ms, damn PTR latency).

@SB:SS - yeah, either at the beginning, or for a 10-stack Wush.

Quote Originally Posted by strmstrike View Post
    It's never worth to DS out of execute, and you should not SB:SS much at all, just a few at the start. Just refresh dots manually, the only thing I would SB:SS for on PTR is 10 stack Wushoolay.
    Pretty much this.

There are going to be times where you exhaust your 4 shards, but that is why we have nightfall. I do not think we are going to be shard hungry in 5.4 at all.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBGreene View Post
    Pretty much this.

There are going to be times where you exhaust your 4 shards, but that is why we have nightfall. I do not think we are going to be shard hungry in 5.4 at all.
    On my testing, there's been times, but it's certainly not as bad as pre 5.4.

Quote Originally Posted by Gihelle View Post
    On my testing, there's been times, but it's certainly not as bad as pre 5.4.
    Heres to hoping for obscene Haunt uptimes for 5.4.

Quote Originally Posted by Shodan30 View Post
    I am just confused at the massive buffs they are giving out this patch, mostly to classes that are already topping the meters. Im not asking for any nerfs but unless all the sims are off about how the equipment scales per spec, then where are they getting there reasoning from?
    Please realize that they're balancing numbers around the new gear, and new fight mechanics.

They nerfed warlock AoE range going into 5.2 and no one really understood the reasoning. Then you get to a fight like Primordius where having that large AoE range would've broken the encounter entirely.

Changes aren't made in a vacuum, and a ton of things change between patches beyond just class mechanics changes.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't lose faith yet Zum...they basically have 1 week to implement changes with an additional week to test them...if we do not see anything by the 3rd-4th...then we can get our torches and pitchforks....
    Now is the time to break out the torches. We can't wait any longer. It's too close to release and they're only slowing down even more on class changes.

3rd/4th is way too late.

Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    Now is the time to break out the torches. We can't wait any longer. It's too close to release and they're only slowing down even more on class changes.

3rd/4th is way too late.
    Warlocks...ASSEMBLEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

We just need to determine the best way to approach it...I have tried twitter...useless as GC and crew probably get 10k tweets a day and they certainly do nto sift through them all.

Deleted
    Well do we have any actual data/testing to back it up? If the suggestion that destro is fine on ~4 fights is true, there is not that much ground for protest?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by strmstrike View Post
    Well do we have any actual data/testing to back it up? If the suggestion that destro is fine on ~4 fights is true, there is not that much ground for protest?
    Not being mean, but to much facepalm in that comment, ye your spec is ok on 25% of the tier.

Warlocks...ASSEMBLEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

We just need to determine the best way to approach it...I have tried twitter...useless as GC and crew probably get 10k tweets a day and they certainly do nto sift through them all.
    Torches and QQ usually works

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xorn View Post
    Yeah. Here's the thing. A lot of people have been speculating that it will be "dog shit," yet there aren't any numbers to back that up. I can see where that is probably true for Affliction, but Demo doesn't sound completely terrible as long as the bugs are worked out.

My advice is to reserve judgment until we have a definitive answer via simcraft.
    i dont need simcraft to tell you that the 4pc is dog shit, i can use actual in game testing and results to prove that it is dog shit.... so as i said... the 4pc is dog shit.