Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Aegwynn Vs Broxigar- Who annoyed Sargeras more?

500 years following her initial Guardianship, Aegwynn traveled to the world's roof, Northrend, in order to defeat a hunting party of demons that were stalking dragons. After burning them to ashes with the dragons' help, an avatar of the Dark Titan Sargeras himself arose from the dust. With the help of the dragons, Aegwynn battled and ultimately defeated the Lord of the Legion. She carried and trapped his physical form near the Maelstrom, within the Tomb of Sargeras, so that it might never be rejuvenated by the powers of the Nether. Following this historic event, Aegwynn, by her own admission, grew arrogant and cocky. She felt that she no longer needed to act in concert with the Council, that she had done the impossible, and thus she — not the Tirisfalen — would choose the next Guardian. However, the Destroyer had manipulated her in a way that she could not perceive...
    http://www.wowwiki.com/Aegwynn

At the final battle over the Well of Eternity, Brox realized that if the world and the future were to be saved, his companions needed more time. Brox leapt from the back of one of the red dragons also carrying Rhonin into the swirling portal that was opening at the bottom of the funnel. When he passed through, and arrived in the realm of the Burning Legion, he proceeded to slaughter multitudes of demons, blocking their advance towards the portal, slaying so many that he ended up standing atop a hill of their bodies — mocking more to come challenge him. It was there that he eventually attracted the attention of Sargeras, who came personally to put an end to the orc's life. However, using the magical axe crafted for him by Malfurion, Brox did the impossible, and struck a small wound in Sargeras' leg. This wound would later be the focus of Krasus and his allies' spellwork, that for a second, tore Sargeras' attention away from his struggle to keep the portal open...allowing Malfurion and Illidan to close it upon him. Brox's life was ended by Sargeras, right before the demon entered the portal, by the jagged edge of Sargeras's broken sword. With this final act of loyalty, Broxigar the Red sealed his place in history as the only known mortal to have ever staged an assault upon the Burning Legion's leader.

Broxigar the Red died, not a mere honorable death, but was struck down in a blaze of glory nearly unheard of in the history of the orcs.
    http://www.wowwiki.com/Broxigar

Simple question, who annoyed sargeras more?
    Last edited by docterfreeze; 2013-08-26 at 07:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say Broxigar (as much as I hate to admit it) because possessing Aegwynn's fetus was nothing but good for Sargeras. Broxigar was a pure annoyance, no benefit there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Brox, aegwynn didnt really interfere with sargera's plans.

Though a paper cut is more annoying than giving labor, I'd still have to say Aegwynn.

Aegwynn...

SHE IS A WOMAN!

Considering Aegwynn played right into his hands, I have to say Brox.

Broxigar...

Aegwynn was trolled by Sargeras. Since it was all his plan, he never was annoyed by Aegwynn.

Deleted
    Brox, Aegwynn fell right into Sargeras' plan.

Aegwynn was intentional, so there's not much of a discussion here.

Deleted
    In the book (The Last Guardian), Aegwynn's case doesnt look or feel intentional at all (Sargeras is panicking and can't believe his eyes, when she strikes him). But apparently, according to lots of people around here, it was.

So I don't know.

I'd still say Broxigar though, because he actually managed to hurt him physically.

Quote Originally Posted by Asheriah View Post
    In the book (The Last Guardian), Aegwynn's case doesnt look or feel intentional at all (Sargeras is panicking and can't believe his eyes, when she strikes him). But apparently, according to lots of people around here, it was.

So I don't know.

I'd still say Broxigar though, because he actually managed to hurt him physically.

http://wowpedia.org/Aegwynn_and_the_Dragon_Hunt

The proud Aegwynn, believing herself to be a match for the menacing god, unleashed her powers against Sargeras' avatar. With disconcerting ease, Aegwynn battered the demonlord with her powers and succeeded in killing his physical shell. Fearing that Sargeras' spirit would linger on, the naive Aegwynn locked the ruined husk of his body within one of the ancient halls of Kalimdor that had been blasted to the bottom of the sea when the Well of Eternity collapsed. Aegwynn would never know that she had done exactly as Sargeras had planned. She had inadvertently sealed the fate of the mortal world, for Sargeras, at the time of his corporeal death, had transferred his spirit into Aegwynn's weakened body. Unbeknownst to the young Guardian, Sargeras would remain cloaked within the darkest recesses of her soul for many long years.

The idea that Sargeras let himself be defeated by Aegwynn and sacrificed his avatar in order to enact a decades long master plan of opening a portal to Draenor, when he was already on Azeroth himself, is pretty dumb.

Maybe Sargeras just has mommy issues, I guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    The idea that Sargeras let himself be defeated by Aegwynn and sacrificed his avatar in order to enact a decades long master plan of opening a portal to Draenor, when he was already on Azeroth himself, is pretty dumb.

An Avatar of him was on Azeroth, not the Dark Titan himself.

Not really it was only his avatar and he knew he couldn't beat the entire planet with it, so he hatched a plan to catch them all off guard, he almost succeeded, Aegwynns arrogance made sure of that.

one did exactly what he wanted her to, the other is the only known mortal to ever wound his physical form.

which do you think?
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Well considering Broxigar literally held Sargeras up long enough to stop him from coming through the portal and destroying Azeroth, I'd have to say Broxigar.

avatars are many leagues weaker then the real thing. its why the legion uses them because they take way less time
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Yeah, I know. Still, that's not what's said in the Last Guardian.

I don't know which source should be the one to believe. Any official post about this ?

Quote Originally Posted by Abstieg View Post
    An Avatar of him was on Azeroth, not the Dark Titan himself.
    Yeah, so? If Aegwynn only won because Sargeras willed it so, then he could've killed her and enacted the Dark Portal plan himself, or some other nefarious master plan, without having to:

1. Sacrifice his avatar (which has caused more than a little grief for him, since now he's apparently incorporeal and can't command the Legion, leaving it to Kil'Jaeden).
    2. Wait decades for Medivh to be born, grow up, master magic, and go crazy.

I mean, come on. What a dumb plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Asheriah View Post
    Yeah, I know. Still, that's not what's said in the Last Guardian.

I don't know which source should be the one to believe. Any official post about this ?
    Not really, but if I had to guess he put on some acting, so it would be convincing, Aegwynn let her guard down because she thought she was the best of the best and Sargeras merely exploited that arrogance.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, so? If Aegwynn only won because Sargeras willed it so, then he could've killed her and enacted the Dark Portal plan himself, or some other nefarious master plan, without having to:

1. Sacrifice his avatar (which has caused more than a little grief for him, since now he's apparently incorporeal and can't command the Legion, leaving it to Kil'Jaeden).
    2. Wait decades for Medivh to be born, grow up, master magic, and go crazy.

I mean, come on. What a dumb plan.
    He has time, he is immortal after all, rushing things would only draw attention, he could operate undisturbed for decades and the damage he did to the world was massive. His avatar on the other hand wouldn't have withstood the combined strength of the dragon aspects and the kirin Tor for example, it became a liability.