Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Diver 1980 View Post
    It's fun because in many private servers nagas and other races are already playable.
    And precisely that, should give a clue to Blizzard about what people really want ...

(incidentally, one of the races most commonly created in these private servers are the High Elves along with the Ogres and Nagas)

Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post
    Obviously the Naga will become a playable race sooner or later, specifically they will be a neutral race available to both Horde and Alliance in the expansion of Queen Azshara, and the comment of Ghostcrawler does nothing more than confirm it...

Oh my gosh, the way he's curled up on that horse is so cute! I'd enjoy nagas, really. I don't particularly expect it for next expack, but possibly the one after. And if they do come with this next one, then I'll consider it a nice surprise <:

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Harmonious View Post
    I really hope not, I have no clue why people want to play Naga at all.
    I have no clue why do people want to play panda bears but it seems that doesn't matter much.

Deleted
    Nice!
    Finally a race that we could actually see throughout WoW.
    I know Pandarens are Warcraft characters, but they don't feel really Wow-ish to me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vicky View Post
    Nice!
    Finally a race that we could actually see throughout WoW.
    I know Pandarens are Warcraft characters, but they don't feel really Wow-ish to me.
    I'm sure people felt the same way about draenei when they were first introduced. It takes a couple of expansions for a race to feel at home in their faction I think.

I'd love Naga to be playable. I'd actually like them more then Ogres and I'd be really interested what they would look like with a new model.

I really hope they invent time in reworking already existing races up to the detalization level of Pandas, instead of adding a new one.
    And, tbh, I really really don't understand what is so god damn special in naga playable race. One more race that has to hide cloak and helmet to be able to play without womits, oh how sweet.

Deleted
    A: Well if you have ever played WC3 The frozen throne you will know that Lady Vashj and Kaelthas became very good friends, and Kalethas are the leader of the Belf untill the other guy took over. Q2: But Voljin killed naga leader! A2: Well that was because nagas are split into diffrent clans whit diffrent leaders, not every naga are under aszharas control, and Zar'jira werent if you played wc3.

As for the alliance, they are former highborn or highelf or whatever members, soo maybe they whould accept them because they want as much allies as the alliance, besides Kalethas used to be alliance in wc3.
    I think you should replay WCIII: Kael’thas was put to prison in Dalaran for grouping up with Vashj and the Naga so NO they can’t become alliance because of Kael’thas. The Alliance of Lordaeron saw it as a betrayal that he allied with the Nagas. At this point they were a different faction from Alliance and Horde, which is also displayed in TBC. Kael’thas was never the leader of the Bloodelves in WoW. No current race has any positive ties towards the Nagas as all races have to deal with them as enemies quite early on.
    And aligning them to Nightelves is just plain wrong. They are everything the Nightelves oppose. Tyrande Whisperwind characterization is not about listening to nagas or even show mercy to them.
    Furthermore: There is no indication anywhere that there are some Nagas not alleged to Azshara. It is however known that Azshara is the most charming person in the history of WoW. Would make sense if she still bound all the nagas around here.
    In addition:
    The Forsaken were slaves of the Lich King against their will. They broke free of his grasp. How do you consider something evil when they didn’t have responsibility for it.
    The Orcs had some evil moments under influence of demon blood but I doubt many are still left that even experienced it.
    The Darkspear Trolls (playable) have nothing to do with the Amani Tribe. The Darkspears are jungle trolls that were once at home in Stranglethorn Vale (Gurubashi Empire => Zul’Gurub) and got driven out by the Gurubashi. The Amani trolls however forest trolls from an enemy empire (Amani Empire => Zul’Aman) are and live in Quel’thalas and parts of Lordaeron. There is no connection between the two troll races – the only connection is that both served the horde at different times (Amani in WCII Darkspear in WCIII).

You may see Naga as a villain in an expansion before you see them as a playable race. If there were naga playable, they probably would not be pure naga... It isn't just that the Naga are 'corrupted', they were corrupted by an Old God, most likely the worst Old God, the Old God that lives deep under the ocean, sleeping in Nyalotha... Azshara's dark magic begins with bringing the Burning Legion to Azeroth, she corrupted the Well of Eternity, destroyed all of Azeroth, and to keep living as the world around her sunk, made a pact with the Old Gods to keep her alive, twisting the Highborne who served her loyally into the Naga that you have today. But, think about it, the Old Gods corrupted the creations of the Titans, perfect in their mechanical forms, their stone forms, into the flesh that we know today. If they can do that to the Titan creations, turning a few Highborne into Naga is nothing. Look at the twisted shape they were able to turn Deathwing into.

I would have to say if there were playable naga, they would not be as corrupted by the Old Gods, maybe they found some way to break this curse upon them? Perhaps that is why they kidnapped Neptulon - look at what the air elemental lords were able to do in Uldum to the Tol'vir, shift their form back to their uncorrupted Titan stone forms... Perhaps Neptulon would be able to change some of the naga back or at least some half-corrupted form, not unlike the Worgen... If there were a playable race of naga, they would not have slithering tails, they might have feet and legs, (they could even trade their voice for it!) but may retain some of their snakiness, maybe look a lot more like fishlike highbourne. And they might not be called naga. I would say it would be interesting for Alliance to get a Highborne race (they were a part of the Alliance in WC3) and for the Horde to get a less-corrupted Naga race. Both would be getting Highborne, essentially. If there were some Azshara-as-villain theme to the next expansion, then that would make sense...

However, they have already stated they would like to update the existing player models, and that they are working on that, so I doubt they are working on a new race for the next expansion. But if they were, there, I just gave them a lore excuse and a way around the feet thing. Get to work on it Blizzard!

Half-li... no, I mean nagas can't be playable, because they can't live long enough without being in water.
    Only option is some kind of ritual performed(similar to worgen) on nagas-rebels going versus their Queen. So they would have two forms and could work in-game perfectly fine.
    Last edited by Anufis; 2013-08-02 at 11:34 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The day on which the Naga become a playable race, it will through a NEUTRAL RACE, as the Pandaren, so that the main core of the Naga race will remain evil and faithful to their Queen Azshara, except two small dissident groups whom will ally themselves with the Alliance and Horde, like this:

The queen Azshara from her underwater empire prepares her final revenge against Azeroth with the help of the Burning Legion, but what she is not expected is that her most faithful lieutenants, the Count XXX and the Countess YYY, are the instigators and leaders of a group each day most numerous of insurgent Nagas, who are repentant for all the atrocities they committed under the leadership of Azshara since 10000 years ago, and are seeking redemption, which after their rebellion against Azshara they will find it with the Alliance (by intermediation of Tyrande and Malfurion) and the Horde (by intermediation of Lor'themar and Rommath). The Horde with their new naga allies led by the Countess YYY and the Alliance with their naga allies led by Count XXX are preparing to end the tyranny of Queen Azshara and incidentally delay the return of the Burning Legion to Azeroth.

10+ Year Old Account
    No thanks, I'd rather the character designers work on updating the current models.

Naga is the only playable WC3 race thats currently not playable in WoW. Adding them would finally complete the circle...

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post
    The queen Azshara from her underwater empire prepares her final revenge against Azeroth with the help of the Burning Legion, but what she is not expected is that her most faithful lieutenants, the Count XXX and the Countess YYY, are the instigators and leaders of a group each day most numerous of insurgent Nagas, who are repentant for all the atrocities they committed under the leadership of Azshara since 10000 years ago, and are seeking redemption, which after their rebellion against Azshara they will find it with the Alliance (by intermediation of Tyrande and Malfurion) and the Horde (by intermediation of Lor'themar and Rommath). The Horde with their new naga allies led by the Countess YYY and the Alliance with their naga allies led by Count XXX are preparing to end the tyranny of Queen Azshara and incidentally delay the return of the Burning Legion to Azeroth.
    Do want! :3 Though, it's likely that the Naga are only pushed to become insurgents and repentant when it is revealed to them what N'zoth's true plans for Azeroth and the Naga are. They don't want to be killed as much as anyone, and are willing to (grudgingly) admit they're wrong if it means preserving themselves.

EDIT: One idea I had seen earlier for Naga mounting is so simple that I don't know why it didn't smack me in the face. Naga have the Racial ability to take on a 'Highborne' form, looking like Elves (LIKE A CERTAIN RACE THAT CAN LOOK LIKE HUMANS, HMMM?) when they're mounted or out of combat. As soon as they're in combat or dismounted, they poof back into Naga.
    Last edited by The Stormbringer; 2013-08-02 at 04:40 PM.

Deleted
    Maybe nagas who leave Azshara to join ally or horde can undergo a ritual or a spell that gives them a more humanoid shape with two legs instead of the tail.

Deleted
    Why dont you use some retcon and say they grow legs when on land? simple as that .. and tbh in my opinion that sounds more awesome than just a snake

I'd rather not have another 'wtf' race that requires lore bending to get the race into the Alliance. If hordies want them, great, but no way they'd jive with Night Elves on our faction, leg/mount issues aside.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    This thread isn't all that old, so I thought I would mention it here again! Quoted from myself in another thread:
    Hey guys! According to one of the latest interviews, despite how Ghostcrawler said he felt about neutral races...

"Having only one race for both factions allowed the team to focus on making the one new race really great, rather than having to split time between two new races."

This really leads me to believe we're going to see at least one new race for the next expansion.
    Spreading the word! What do you think? Does this raise the chances of seeing a potentially neutral race, like Naga, Arakkoa, or Ethereals?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AlarStormbringer View Post
    This thread isn't all that old, so I thought I would mention it here again! Quoted from myself in another thread:

Spreading the word! What do you think? Does this raise the chances of seeing a potentially neutral race, like Naga, Arakkoa, or Ethereals?
    It is obvious that there will be more neutral races!

It is obvious that the Naga will be a playable race sooner or later!

So it would not be surprising that in a next expansion centered on Azshara we could finally play as a Naga, both in the Alliance as in the Horde!

Little time left ...

Quote Originally Posted by composemail View Post
    Don't like 'em? Don't play 'em. Naga are awesome, and one of Blizzard only originally developed intellectual properties. I've been wanting playable Naga since WCIII.
    What? Naga come from Indian mythology, and have been D&D monsters forever.