Page 1 of 21
... LastLast

Horde racial's are overpowered. Why isn't this being addressed?

This has been a problem that's been known for a long time. I've been playing Horde for a while, but at first i was Alliance up until seeing the advantages the horde had. Since then, i have spent hundreds of dollars moving alts to a high populated server (Illidan) in order to progress in Heroic raiding at a very fast pace. But in the back of my head, i know i want to be Alliance, and i would much rather be on the other faction.

Why hasn't blizzard fixed the racial's so people can play what they want rather than what they need? Have they said anything about fixing this in the future? by no means will i quit the game because of this, but i'd enjoy it a whole lot more being able to play my faction of choice.

15+ Year Old Account
    You already answered the question.

Since then, i have spent hundreds of dollars moving alts
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Toxigen View Post
    You already answered the question.
    Sadly this is the truth

10+ Year Old Account
    Question asked and answered in same post. Now that's efficient. Really though I think the Worgen racials are the best ones in the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    They make money off it, and who does it matter for? The sub 1% of players doing heroic raids?
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Blizzard nerfed Will of the Forsaken into the ground, supposedly for being over-powered in PvP. Then they gave the same ability to humans and nobody seemed to mind. Horde favoritism indeed.

You dont really need the Racials for heroic raiding sure if you want to raid top10 maybe, but how much difference is there really between horde and Alliance. And alot of alliane got real cool stuff aswell. Worgen sprint is really nice.

Yeah the 5% dps bonus from trolls was a bit much, but overall I think they dont matter that much.

Funny, I never needed racials for heroic kills....

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel Tyrael View Post
    Funny, I never needed racials for heroic kills....
    Funny, because Method apparently did.
    Fluorescent - Fluo - currently retired, playing other stuff

i5-4670k @ 4.5 / Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme / Gigabyte Z87X-D3H / 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM / Gigabyte GTX 760

10+ Year Old Account
    Remember back in the day, when there was that one giant blob in AQ 40 where suddenly horde was at an advantage, because of the poison which Shamans could cleanse so much better?
    And then do you remember the many other fights, were Alliance had an advantage because of Fear Warding Dwarven Priests?

I honestly think THAT was much worse then what we have now.

I play horde but I also play undead in PvE, they just barely got a terrible damage increase racial for the first time since game launch during MoP. I would prefer the remove all racials in favor of cosmetic only ones myself, and I would continue to play undead.
    You're just jealous because the voices are talking to me!

Quote Originally Posted by Wokopoly View Post
    This has been a problem that's been known for a long time. I've been playing Horde for a while, but at first i was Alliance up until seeing the advantages the horde had. Since then, i have spent hundreds of dollars moving alts to a high populated server (Illidan) in order to progress in Heroic raiding at a very fast pace. But in the back of my head, i know i want to be Alliance, and i would much rather be on the other faction.

Why hasn't blizzard fixed the racial's so people can play what they want rather than what they need? Have they said anything about fixing this in the future? by no means will i quit the game because of this, but i'd enjoy it a whole lot more being able to play my faction of choice.
    So which one did you turn all your characters into, Trolls or Orcs?

Quote Originally Posted by Fluorescent0 View Post
    Funny, because Method apparently did.
    No they didn't. It may have helped them get world first but for the kills? Yeah right comes to mind.

Anyway OP, I'm glad bosses magically fall over at a much faster rate for you now you have horde racials and that you put efficiency over faction pride (and you seem to very much care about faction pride)

Anyway, off to make a "y r ally racials OP for pvp" whine thread.

racials being 2min CD, only provide small boost anyway. nothing that is game breaker though.

Besides, its only natural that different races should have different racial, we already have almost all races being sames except just these racials, lets not try to balance here and make them all carbon copy to the last bit.

Deleted
    Dont forget alliance has night elves who have been "OP" tank race for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Theatre View Post
    Blizzard nerfed Will of the Forsaken into the ground, supposedly for being over-powered in PvP. Then they gave the same ability to humans and nobody seemed to mind. Horde favoritism indeed.
    Forsaken had two trinkets, humans only have one. It's in no way the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    No they didn't. It may have helped them get world first but for the kills? Yeah right comes to mind.

Anyway OP, I'm glad bosses magically fall over at a much faster rate for you now you have horde racials and that you put efficiency over faction pride (and you seem to very much care about faction pride)

Anyway, off to make a "y r ally racials OP for pvp" whine thread.
    Yeah, of course you can kill them later, but time makes all of a difference for someone who is invested in raiding enough to consider racial bonuses, otherwise you could as well do everything an expansion later. I mean, they're still kills right?
    Fluorescent - Fluo - currently retired, playing other stuff

i5-4670k @ 4.5 / Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme / Gigabyte Z87X-D3H / 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM / Gigabyte GTX 760

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post
    So which one did you turn all your characters into, Trolls or Orcs?
    The advantage those racials give can be made up in many other ways such as perfecting your rotation. I switched from BE to Troll for ToT and the only difference that was noticeable was the lack of my AOE silence.

Horde were the underdogs in PvE long enough. Now their racials are a little bit better. No big deal.

Remember the time when Alliance got blessings, which were better than totems (including Blessing of Kings and Blessing of Salvation, while Horde got nothing like that until 1.09, but even then their aggro reducing totem was 33% weaker compared to paladin blessing), dwarf priests (and during BC Dranei) got very usefull racial, while other priestspells were basically meaningless abilitys (Draeneis party manaregeneration was ok, and the instant selfheal for dwarfs and humans in several situations as well)? When trolls berserker was only useable at low health, making it usless, when Orcs boiling blood reduced the amount auf healing you receive (and didn't work for casters), when forsaken racials were all useless in PvE? When Draenei gave their group a +1 hit bonus, while the the AoE silence of Blood Elves was useless in PvE?
    Last edited by josykay; 2013-08-27 at 06:27 PM.

Horde bias, of course.

Seriously though, Horde is better. The only reason I'm Alliance is because I rejoined my old guild who refused to go Horde. I'd much rather be Horde.