Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ArMeD_SuRvIvOr View Post
    Who said they'd share the same model? They can give them a different model, different pose, different emotes, different overall looks while still looking elven.

"Somehow fitting the lore"? Why somehow, as if it was a far fetched thing? They fit right in! They've been part of the Alliance since Warcraft 2.

Blood elves are also VERY few as 90% of their population was decimated by Arthas. By your reasoning we shouldn't have Blood Elves either.
    High Elves and Blood Elves are the same thing aside from the name, you can't give them a different model. Save for the colour of their eyes because Blood Elves are fel magic junkies.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Notos View Post
    Oh that's not a bad idea, Eredar who betray the Legion and join the Horde. As long as they make the males look better than current male Draenei.
    Join the Horde!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    High Elves and Blood Elves are the same thing aside from the name, you can't give them a different model. Save for the colour of their eyes because Blood Elves are fel magic junkies.
    I know that sounds crazy, two different models for the same race does not seem logical. But it is the only solution to introduce the High Elves into the Alliance as a "new" race.

Anyway we would not be talking about two completely different models, since the concept is the same. The idea would be to represent the same race, but in two different ways. Let me explain:

What do you see in this picture?

It is easy, a circle

And in this one, what do you see?

Exactly, a circle too

Both represent the same concept, but in different ways. They are the same but different. That's what I mean.

And now that Blizzard is going to update the models of the Blood Elves would be the perfect time to branch their models into two different developmental pathways: one for the Sin'dorei and another for the Quel'dorei (different animations, different shapes, different voices, different movements, etc ...).

For example, I will present two curious facts in relation to the High Elves/Blood Elves to make you think:

• In Vanilla WoW before the first expansion ("The Burning Crusade") the Blood Elves did not exist in the game ... Or maybe yes?

Obviously yes, although they were not playable they existed, but they had other models ... mere placeholders based on discolorations of the Night Elves models. Eg:

And like the Blood Elves, High Elves also existed ... but what a surprise! Blizzard designed other placeholders slightly different for the High Elves, not using the Blood Elven placeholders to represent High Elves (as is happening now). Eg:

If Blizzard would have wanted to imply that the Blood Elves and High Elves are the same race ... why they bothered to create different placeholders for each race? Moreover, in the game files we can see how blood elves and high elves had different placeholders skins:

The answer is simple: Blizzard always wanted that a High Elf could be distinguished from a Blood Elf. And now that they are remaking the models, they have the opportunity to make individual models for each race.

Currently, as I said before, the High Elves we see in WoW are still mere placeholders, though, now are based on the new models of the Blood Elves, which are more accurate and modern models that those of the Night Elves ... yet they are still mere placeholders ...

Until when the High Elves will still be represented by placeholders based on other races? When are the High Elves may have their own and unique models? Simply when it comes time to turn them into a playable race, something that many people have been claiming for a long time ...

• And now the second curiosity. In the beta of the expansion "The Burning Crusade" the models of the Blood Elves suffered subtle changes during development, implying that Blizzard had different ideas when it came to represent the race in the game (thinner, less muscular ). Eg:

Well, maybe it's time for that Blizzard regain their old ideas and apply them to the High Elven models, and so we will have two different races at last.

Hopefully in an upcoming expansion we can play with the High Elves in the Alliance ...

Hail Alleria Windrunner! For the Quel'dorei! For the Alliance!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    One could argue that 3 pointy-eared green races are too much, or 3 hulking brute races are too much, or 3 anthropomorphic animal races are too much. We have all of those in threes. It's a weak argument against high elves.
    Exactly, that's another excuse easily rebuttable.

Anyway getting on with my previous post ... so we have distinct aspects for represent the same race? Interesting ...

I am in favor of let the blood elves as currently they are represented ... after all, some of their "racial" characteristics are: being mannered, very muscled, having an ambiguous sexual behavior, extravagant marked postures, effeminate dancing, reddish skin color, etc ... In short, that means being a Blood Elf.

However, it is true that there might be another way to represent the elves ... being thinner, more stylized, with more formal postures, lighter skin tone, different body structure (as well demonstrated Hipnos14 here and here), ultimately, being more "straight" in every sense, such as the humanoid form of Nozdormu:

But what the hell? Hear his voice! If that's a High Elf!!, not a Blood Elf! (In reality it is simply a blood elf with the postures and animations of a night elf, but still you can see that the differences are abysmal ... and just changing the postures and animations, incredible ...)

So it was true ... the High Elves could well have different models of those of the Blood Elves, in fact they could be a new independent race, with different postures and animations, different racial characteristics, new voices, etc etc ...

For the High Elves as a new playable race for the Alliance! It is entirely possible and feasible! Finally people will be able to play with a real High Elf in the Alliance!

For the Quel'dorei! For Alleria Windrunner, the liberator of the remaining High Elves!
    Glory to the Alliance!

10+ Year Old Account
    i do admit, that as a gay man i find the humanoid avatar of Nozdormu sexy beyond all belief.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, again speaking as a gay man, Nozdormu sets of my gaydar like you wouldn't believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post
    I am in favor of let the blood elves as currently they are represented ... after all, some of their "racial" characteristics are: being mannered, very muscled, having an ambiguous sexual behavior, extravagant marked postures, effeminate dancing, reddish skin color, etc ... In short, that means being a Blood Elf.
    Ambiguous sexual behavior, yeah right.
    They don't have reddish skin stop making things up.
    Oh yeah their racial dance is so important, I mean every female night elf must be a dirty hooker with that kind of argument.

If that is what you think defines a blood elf then you are even more clueless than I previously thought. Blood elves style themselves in red, in order to remember their dead people, they changed their name to honor those who were slaughtered, in order to never forget them, they integrated the Phoenix, because like a Pheonix they rose from the ashes of their civilization, reborn facing whatever lies ahead. That is what it means to be a blood elf.

So it was true ... the High Elves could well have different models of those of the Blood Elves, in fact they could be a new independent race, with different postures and animations, different racial characteristics, new voices, etc etc ...
    Of course they could, but they shouldn't, I will repeat myself for a thousand times if necessary, if high elves become playable it would basically be the pandaren all over again. Same people, same roots, culture, different views.

For the High Elves as a new playable race for the Alliance! It is entirely possible and feasible! Finally people will be able to play with a real High Elf in the Alliance!

For the Quel'dorei! For Alleria Windrunner, the liberator of the remaining High Elves!
    Glory to the Alliance!
    You know I hope that Blizzard turns Alleria neutral, just to ruin your hopes.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would like for the High Elves to go to the Alliance so some of the people that are Horde just for Blood Elves can leave and, I want to kill some High Elves. They just let their own people get betrayed by the Alliance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Circles and why they matter
    Ok some stuff about circles. Oh and you want Blizzard to use the character model upgrade to separate the Blood Elf and High Elf models. Presumably into 'Gay' and 'Straight' versions respectively.

His 'Proof' Blizzard considers High Elves and Blood Elves separate
    Your right the answer is simple. Blizzard took the same model of a non player NPC race and gave one red clothes and ruddy skin, and the other blue clothes and paler skin. They did simply to make them easier to identify. How many non player NPC races in Vanilla had slightly different skin colours? Kobolds. Centaur. Quillboar.

Are we to then take it that the various multi coloured Murloc tribes are to be considered future factions of playable races on this concept?

Catch yourself on.

It's was merely artistic license at the time to make it obvious to players who was a High Elf and who was a Blood Elf. If Blizzard had really intended an obvious division they would have maintained it after the Elves became playable in the burning crusade.

Currently, as I said before, the High Elves we see in WoW are still mere placeholders, though, now are based on the new models of the Blood Elves, which are more accurate and modern models that those of the Night Elves ... yet they are still mere placeholders ...

Until when the High Elves will still be represented by placeholders based on other races? When are the High Elves may have their own and unique models? Simply when it comes time to turn them into a playable race, something that many people have been claiming for a long time ...
    Yeah if they were just placeholders then Blizzard has been sitting on the intent to turn them into player race for over six years now. But there's been absolutely no sign of that. Instead, Blizzard gave them the same model as the Blood Elves once they became playable. You know Northem, the one time any change was made to the High Elf model, it was to give them the same upgrade as the Blood Elf model got. Doesn't that in itself sort of hole your pet theory that Blizzard sees them as separate? Could it be that Blizzard thinks High Elves are what Blizzard has said High Elves are for all this time, THE EXACT SAME RACE AS BLOOD ELVES?

His spiel on muscly/thin beta models
    And time to destroy this for you too. I was there. I remember the change between the thin and muscly models. Some at the time claimed it was pandering to people who believed the Blood Elves were too gay. You know, people like yourself.

The truth turned out to be more prosaic. It seems that the thin Blood Elf Model was not working out too well in Beta. Beta, you know, where they test this stuff to ensure it works? Apparently the model's skeleton was poking through the too thin model and steps had to be taken. No conspiracy. No multiple ways of looking at Elves. They just tried something and it didn't work and they made modfications.

On a final note,posting all them shirtless Elf Male pictures time and time again must really stress you out with their ambiguous sexuality, effeminate dancing, and lest we forget you said it, their lascivious and gay way of going on. And your desire for a more 'straight' way of representing the elves...in your own words...

My God you disgust me. All these months of arguing with people and it boils down to rank homophobia. You think the Blood Elves are simply too 'gay' looking. And now that you were caught expressing your bigotry once, you've felt able to get away with it and post about it more often. Your desire for a more 'straight' looking elf is your THIRD use of sexuality as a negative in as many days.

Your Nozdormu example is plain bullcrap. It's a heavily modified Night Elf Model. The Night Elf model seems to be the go to model when they want to design a new model. They used it for the Jinyu. They used it for the Zandalari. And they used it for Nozdormu so they could make him look distinctive. So that's less a reason, more wish fulfilment on your part. Varian also uses a heavily modified Human model but you don't see people saying he's not Human. Garrosh and Thrall use heavily modified Orc models but they aren't separate species. You are deliberately misconstruing the place of unique lore figure models in order to peddle your own personal fantasy.
    Last edited by Obelisk Kai; 2013-08-27 at 07:09 PM.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I know that sounds crazy, two different models for the same race does not seem logical. But it is the only solution to introduce the High Elves into the Alliance as a "new" race.

Anyway we would not be talking about two completely different models, since the concept is the same. The idea would be to represent the same race, but in two different ways. Let me explain:

It is easy, a circle

Exactly, a circle too

Both represent the same concept, but in different ways. They are the same but different. That's what I mean.

And now that Blizzard is going to update the models of the Blood Elves would be the perfect time to branch their models into two different developmental pathways: one for the Sin'dorei and another for the Quel'dorei (different animations, different shapes, different voices, different movements, etc ...).

For example, I will present two curious facts in relation to the High Elves/Blood Elves to make you think:

• In Vanilla WoW before the first expansion ("The Burning Crusade") the Blood Elves did not exist in the game ... Or maybe yes?

Obviously yes, although they were not playable they existed, but they had other models ... mere placeholders based on discolorations of the Night Elves models. Eg:

And like the Blood Elves, High Elves also existed ... but what a surprise! Blizzard designed other placeholders slightly different for the High Elves, not using the Blood Elven placeholders to represent High Elves (as is happening now). Eg:

If Blizzard would have wanted to imply that the Blood Elves and High Elves are the same race ... why they bothered to create different placeholders for each race? Moreover, in the game files we can see how blood elves and high elves had different placeholders skins:

The answer is simple: Blizzard always wanted that a High Elf could be distinguished from a Blood Elf. And now that they are remaking the models, they have the opportunity to make individual models for each race.

• And now the second curiosity. In the beta of the expansion "The Burning Crusade" the models of the Blood Elves suffered subtle changes during development, implying that Blizzard had different ideas when it came to represent the race in the game (thinner, less muscular ). Eg:

Well, maybe it's time for that Blizzard regain their old ideas and apply them to the High Elven models, and so we will have two different races at last.

Hopefully in an upcoming expansion we can play with the High Elves in the Alliance ...

Can you pleaaaase shut up?

They added extra muscle cus people complaint the blood elves not looking powerfull enought and even gay.

You need to let it go Northem, people here are getting really annoyed by your Rp love for high elves.

Just go..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rumaya2000 View Post
    My God you disgust me. All these months of arguing with people and it boils down to rank homophobia. You think the Blood Elves are simply too 'gay' looking. And now that you were caught expressing your bigotry once, you've felt able to get away with it and post about it more often. Your desire for a more 'straight' looking elf is your THIRD use of sexuality as a negative in as many days.
    Honestly, we should report him. It is indeed the third that he throws veiled homophobic attacks.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account

It is easy, a circle

Exactly, a circle too

Can you pleaaaase shut up?

HIGH ELVES ARE BLOOD ELVES!

They added extra muscle cus people complaint the blood elves not looking powerfull enought and even gay.

You need to let it go Northem, people here are getting really annoyed by your Rp love for high elves.

Just go..

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post

You know I hope that Blizzard turns Alleria neutral, just to ruin your hopes.

Alleria HATES orcs and trolls there is no way she is neutral or horde . lets see 1. An Alliance stronghold in Outland bears her name, the Allerian Stronghold 2. Her son Arator the Redeemer is in honor hold (guess what , he is alliance ) also her nephews are , her sister is alliance with the silver covenant . I am sure she will support Vereesa and not sylvanas , she will probably see sylvanas as a traitor , anything else its blizzard lorelol in attempt to balance the game , when they are so lazy creating some horde heroes or giving them some progress (Rexar and others come in mind ) .

I'd be annoyed because it would be a very lazy race to add to the alliance. Other than that I wouldn't care much one way or the other. I'm not terribly interested, but I wouldn't mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    you are splitting hairs to separate darkspear trolls from the bajillions of other trolls. but i get your point.
    Probably got beat to this already but the Darkspear trolls are the only playable trolls. Every single troll you play is a Darkspear. No other tribe is aligned with the Horde in any way.

I wouldn't, I've wanted High elves since TBC.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    One could argue that 3 pointy-eared green races are too much, or 3 hulking brute races are too much, or 3 anthropomorphic animal races are too much. We have all of those in threes. It's a weak argument against high elves.
    Yeah, except those qualifications are way more generic than Elven. Trolls, orcs and goblins have distinct outlines: one is very tall, one is very short, one is bulky and muscular. Same with the animal races: tauren, worgen and pandaren look nothing alike. Nor would one mistake gnomes, dwarves and goblins. In fact the only reason the current two elven races work is because they are sufficiently different. Obviously Blizz can try to differentiate HE from BE a bit, but I dont see how they can get away from the slender, pinkskinned, pointyeared, graceful look enough for them to stand out.

Alliance will never get High Elves.

I would be f-ing pissed too. There are already two elf races in this game, and another is just to much. I don't care what ANYONE says about the High Elves having a different looking model, different emotes, different lore, etc. IT'S STILL A PLAYABLE ELF RACE. Something this game does NOT need.

It's just, even if they gave them a "new" model. (They couldn't deviate too far or they wouldn't be High Elves), their racial lore would likely be incredibly bland as High Elves are already a part of the Alliance. What's the drive to play one, aside from being a beige-skinned Alliance elf? What really seperates them from Belfs that makes some people so eager to play one? Are they really "that" interesting?

Honestly, as a race, they currently hold no interesting lore to me. They're basically a people who practice restraint when it comes to magic. And are generally stuck-up. Yeah, well, the Gilneans sort of have THAT covered already, except for the decently-humbled Worgen you occasionally meet, so I honestly think the Alliance is good on that front. Come on people, why do you want High Elves so badly when they essentially offer nothing interesting?

If Blizzard could go through the trouble of altering them to make them different from Belfs, why couldn't they just spend that energy creating and integrating an entirely new race to the Alliance mix? So much wasted potential just to appease people that want to be Alliance Blood Elves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    It is a coalition mustered by Jaina, not the Silver covenant, they might have more volunteers, yeah they have more political influence now obviously, still their influence has clear limits, you can see that quite well during the confrontation at the bloodied crossing Vereesa gets reigned in once more. The Silver Covenant is nothing more than a part of the Kirin Tor forces, not independent, or self sustaining. They have no member on the council as such they can't really influence the important decisions.
    And Tyrande gets reigned in and chastised by Varian, she has no influence on important decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Because they are individuals on the human organizations, not an established nation.
    And Worgen are no longer an established nation, neither are Gnomes. Nor really are Draenei, they inhabit a crashed space ship.

Quote Originally Posted by rumaya2000 View Post
    However I do agree that they shouldn't have received the focus they did, considering they aren't a player race.
    I don't know why you're saying you agree, because that's not what I said. Don't put words in my mouth.
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2013-08-28 at 08:26 AM.