Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    That is because it was DLC until the company went bankrupt and the people taking over decided to just expand the idea and create a new game around it.
    Not quite. It was an idea for a SR:3 DLC title, but it grew to the point where it didn't make sense to release it as anything other then a stand alone game. The drive for SR:4 came from Volition, not the acquiring company, who only let the project go forward due to how far along it already was. The original DLC is still being released. It is "Enter the Dominatrix", the first SR:4 DLC.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Deleted
    Anyone else getting infinite loading screen on the final mission? right after completing the key into the hole mission, it just keeps loading forever and I can't do anything, not even restarting my pc fixes it.

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    Worth buying? Also is it long? or should i get Castlevania?
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellravager View Post
    I liked it. About 20-25 hours. No idea, the games seem unrelated.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellravager View Post
    Saints Row is kinda a unique game in the sense that you need to love the humor in it. Theres no other game on the market which does the same crap that this game does. I suggest try to find a demo. In fact, I'm pretty sure there is a demo on the steam store.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    Saints Row is kinda a unique game in the sense that you need to love the humor in it. Theres no other game on the market which does the same crap that this game does. I suggest try to find a demo. In fact, I'm pretty sure there is a demo on the steam store.
    Nope. The demo is just the character creator : /

I agree with Pizza Shark. There's very little replay value. There are some side missions and you can go around the simulation collecting stuff but otherwise you can literally have nothing to do in just a little time. In SR3 it took a while to get the funds to buy everything out and do the Saints Book and shit.

Not to mention for hard mode, you kind of need to do most of the stuff to get the money to fund weapons and shit to have an easier time for the final missions, which means most of the stuff after you beat the final mission is even less.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just as a follow up, playing with superpowers disabled is a LOT of fun. They get toggled back on automatically when you are in an activity that needs them.

-Kujako-

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tryana View Post
    Still have to do last missions and finish up some golds, got all collectibles and at 95% without touching Co-Op.

About 25 hrs in so far, enjoyed it for the run.

Only thing is that the game crashed like 5-6 times over that. (On PS3 o.o)
    Yeah the game crashed a few times and it was kinda annoying because suddenly the screen froze and I couldn't even leave the game on my PS3 because the controller was stuck too.

Well the game is pretty fun but other than trying to get every activity on gold (most of them are pretty easy to get gold - like the running) and collecting stuff there really isn't that much to do after the missions. I enjoy the car tuning and character modification (created some pretty awesome characters) but there could be more to do. Anyway I just hope that the game lasts me for another 1-2 weeks because I need something to do while waiting for GTA 5 but that could be pretty hard because I already have 100% on the whole map and basically only need a few more gold activities.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tryana View Post
    Still have to do last missions and finish up some golds, got all collectibles and at 95% without touching Co-Op.

About 25 hrs in so far, enjoyed it for the run.

Only thing is that the game crashed like 5-6 times over that. (On PS3 o.o)
    Oh man, PS3 crashes. I've only had 3 crashes and really bad 10s of 1 FPS but I could tell when ever single one of those crashes were coming because they happened before some weird glitch.

One I got stock 2 ft off the ground and couldn't land. I just slid all over the place. Finally everything around me blew up and then the game crashed...

The other one I can remember is that I had to kill an NPC GoW style (hitting triangle) except the NPC was completely frozen, 30 sec crash.

I love my PS3 but I am glad that this console generation is over because damn its old.

Was playing, finishing clearing up map. PS3 crashes right after I clear a flashpoint while game is saving.

Fuck this, I'm done until DLC comes out at least. Sick of this shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Was playing, finishing clearing up map. PS3 crashes right after I clear a flashpoint while game is saving.

Fuck this, I'm done until DLC comes out at least. Sick of this shit.
    I'd not look forward to the first DLC too much, from the sound of things it's not much about game play.

- - - Updated - - -

bah... new patch that enabled pointless hillbilly DLC broke the weapons cache losing most of the interesting guns.

-Kujako-

I think SR4 has issues with current Nvidia drivers. Twice now I've bluescreened while playing SR4, and the crash dumps always trace back to a particular Nvidia driver as the cause. I updated to beta drivers (326.89) and I haven't had a problem since. Wanted to post this here in case any other Nvidia users were having issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Barana View Post
    I think SR4 has issues with current Nvidia drivers. Twice now I've bluescreened while playing SR4, and the crash dumps always trace back to a particular Nvidia driver as the cause. I updated to beta drivers (326.89) and I haven't had a problem since. Wanted to post this here in case any other Nvidia users were having issues.
    I've been on 320.49 since their release, and haven't had a single issue (100% the game aside from a couple of challenges, and getting the final Fight Club gold).
    5800X | XFX 7900XTX | Prime X570 Pro | 32GB | 990Pro + SN850 2TB | Define 7

I am kinda new in the "Saints Row World", started with the third a month ago and now I am nearly done with part 4. I love that humor.

But still, I think it's a bit sad that there is only night in Steelport. I miss the sunshine! :O
    oh, honey.

Deleted
    Does anyone elses weapon seem to Un-upgrade?

I swear i've upgraded my assault rifle two times to full now, and it shows 0 upgrades but the money is gone after i switch to a different weapon and back

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyn View Post
    I am kinda new in the "Saints Row World", started with the third a month ago and now I am nearly done with part 4. I love that humor.
    After finishing the last mission you gain the ability to permanently alter the time of the simulation via that computer on your ship. You can also choose settings like "Noir" "Rage" and other cool stuff and switch that whenever you want.

Deleted
    The only things about the game that bug me are the side missions
    "Return to the ship and talk to xx"

get's pretty boring after a while.

http://www.saintsrowmods.com/forum/t...-weapons.3915/

Is my biggest issue. I have a mini-gun as my rifle and a laz0r pistol with infinite ammo that pretty much 1 shots everything.

Quote Originally Posted by The Illusive Man View Post
    After finishing the last mission you gain the ability to permanently alter the time of the simulation via that computer on your ship. You can also choose settings like "Noir" "Rage" and other cool stuff and switch that whenever you want.
    Okay. THAT is awesome. Now I need the old hoodie I had in SR3 and I am happy.

And the funny thing is, npc females look by far better in propotions than self made ones.
    oh, honey.

Fantastic game. Worth every overpriced digital download penny.