is spriest any worth playing now ?

Are spriest worth to play now ? is it a good dps class?

Deleted
    from what ive seen on ptr.. if I had a geared lock I would be playing that instead of my sp but idk seems like they give us buffs with 1 hand and take them away with the other,, so if u like playing the class for the class and don't get to dissheartend by not been top on dps then play sp

yes, if: you don't mind not being top dps, want to bring excellent utility (great healing CD, void shift, mana cd, leap of faith), and have a great healing offspec that is viable(ish) in shadow gear

no, if: if you just want to do damage
    Wildhammer EU
    Horde: New Shadow/Disc Priest

Ajzol-Nerub EU
    Alliance: 100 Fury/Prot Warrior | 95 Shadow/Disc Priest

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope, you should probably just delete your character.

Immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by Shwoom View Post
    yes, if: you don't mind not being top dps
    How can you not mind not being top dps :s
    When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
    When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
    And I held your hand through all of these years

yes, if: you don't mind not being top dps, want to bring mediocre utility (great healing CD, void shift, mana cd, leap of faith), and have a great healing offspec that is viable(ish) in shadow gear

no, if: if you just want to do damage
    Fixed that for ya.

Quote Originally Posted by veiledy0 View Post
    I want to do my best, if I'm happy I've hit all the right buttons and look at the dmg meters and see a mage is at the top of the list, fair play to him, blizzard designed his class to do slightly more damage. If I out play that mage and end up higher dps, brilliant! Of course one must strive to be top dps but if a mage/warlock beats you by a small margin that's nothing to be ashamed of...

What I really like is knowing my class well and using the extra utility at the best time to ensure a kill. Throwing a shield on someone about to take dmg, giving someone a speed boost to get away from thunderstruck, pulling someone over the fire to stack on Qon, seeing the healers are struggling and keeping the raid up with vamp embrace, it all contributes. WoW isn't all about throwing out the top dps ever, it's about doing things right to kill bosses

see top comment here for the top raider's view: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVRC_DjkCeI
    Wildhammer EU
    Horde: New Shadow/Disc Priest

Ajzol-Nerub EU
    Alliance: 100 Fury/Prot Warrior | 95 Shadow/Disc Priest

I want to do my best, if I'm happy I've hit all the right buttons and look at the dmg meters and see a mage is at the top of the list, fair play to him, blizzard designed his class to do slightly more damage. If I out play that mage and end up higher dps, brilliant! Of course one must strive to be top dps but if a mage/warlock beats you by a small margin that's nothing to be ashamed of...

What I really like is knowing my class well and using the extra utility at the best time to ensure a kill. Throwing a shield on someone about to take dmg, giving someone a speed boost to get away from thunderstruck, pulling someone over the fire to stack on Qon, seeing the healers are struggling and keeping the raid up with vamp embrace, it all contributes. WoW isn't all about throwing out the top dps ever, it's about doing things right to kill bosses

see top comment here for the top raider's view: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVRC_DjkCeI
    No offense but you should probably just play disc then, you can do everything you just said and your guild can bring in a better dps class at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerbz View Post
    Fixed that for ya.
    You forgot to fix "mediocre and circumstantial healing CD" and "10 freaking min CD void shift" too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Of course one must strive to be top dps but if a mage/warlock beats you by a small margin that's nothing to be ashamed of...
    I find that just deflating. It's like "Hurray, you pushed your class to the limit, well done! ...of course, rerolling would have helped your raid more."

10+ Year Old Account
    I will always play my shadow priest, whether I am top 3 or bottom 3. Even if we are not at the pinnacle for the moment, things change.

Quote Originally Posted by espoire View Post
    I find that just deflating. It's like "Hurray, you pushed your class to the limit, well done! ...of course, rerolling would have helped your raid more."
    Yes, God forbid anyone plays a class they enjoy. No! Nowadays we must play the flavor of the month class because that's what the cool kids do.

Personally Blizz should buff and nerf classes monthly, so all this FOTM could die off and people would just do what makes them happy.

Deleted
    The thing people don't consider is, if you're asking this question without any real info, guild status, progression...etc. You are probably not anywhere near the level where top realistic/theoretical dps matters. I play spriest in a guild that I enjoy, and I do respectable damage. My damage is never a problem and I don't get benched for it. I have a 90 mage/warlock, but I enjoy my spriest the most, so I play it.

If you want to play the no.1 dps parser in the World, have fun, because you are going to spend all the expansions till WoW dies re-rolling and never really finding a character you truly like to play and are attached to. You are just attached to the numbers.

So...play what you enjoy. Instead of is "X Class" FOTM atm? Will it be next teir so I can re-roll it?

Quote Originally Posted by Frmercury View Post
    Nope, you should probably just delete your character.

Immediately.
    tl;dr
    Last edited by mmoce763e1edfa; 2013-08-28 at 01:56 AM.

must be nice playing with bad add locks/arcane mages =(

Stream: twitch.tv/DryeLuLZ
    Twitter: @Dryeqt

Quote Originally Posted by Drye View Post
    must be nice playing with bad add locks/arcane mages =(
    It was fun the first few times. Now it's quite depressing tbh.
    Last edited by veiledy0; 2013-08-28 at 02:10 AM.

It was fun the first few times. Now it's quite depressing tbh.
    Yeah, arcane/aff still dominating everything.

Stream: twitch.tv/DryeLuLZ
    Twitter: @Dryeqt

Quote Originally Posted by Drye View Post
    Yeah, arcane/aff still dominating everything.
    I wouldn't really say everything. I've spoken with Lyni not so long ago and figured we were getting the same results on most fights on the PTR. Topping Norushen (which seems to be the Horridon of the tier), for example, should be a joke for us. FDCL buff also brougt us a bit more on par on heavy movement figts, so we're doing quite good on the big dino guy as well.

Shadow improved a lot, but yes, mages and locks still have far more niche than we do, which allows them to outperform us overall.
    Last edited by veiledy0; 2013-08-28 at 12:29 PM.