Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by MrHappy View Post
    Blood elves cannot be true druids due to their embrace of the Fel Magics...hence the green eyes and also why Night Elfs can't be warlocks. However OP did give me an idea....what if blood elves became ....arcane-element druids!

This would be your Guardian/Tank form
    This would be your Feral/Mdps form your bleeds would be arcane/life draining dots
    This would be your Healing form and you would heal not by direct healing rejuv like a druid would but by reversing time and undoing the damage in similar manner
    This would be your Flight Form
    This would be your caster/range dps form

Fel and arcane magics mix better with the arcane elementals so in theory we could be able to turn into them via the "corrupt" druidism of our former night elf descent
    The Blood Elves abandoned Fel Magic after TBC.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Nope. Anyone willing to follow the teachings of Cenarius is able to become a druid at some level basically. Everyone can learn to enter the Emerald Dream, as seen by that Bridenbrad questline in Icecrown.
    Yeah, even more when you think that the Trolls have the Loas that are spirit of the wild, and that are normally represented as animals, but i do think that their appearance in cataclysm (the form they were introduced) was weird

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azahel View Post
    You mean, other than you dismissing the idea without discussion with a simple "NO"? No, I don't have any other reason to think that if we skip this one.
    Paladins on wow are still warriors who wield the Light, the sunwalkers made that much clear.
    ... At what point did I just say "no"? Honestly, at this point I'm not even sure what you are on about...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    Celestials are an analog to ancients and the concepts of balance are and harmony with nature are part of pandaren culture. There is no reason pandaren can't adopt and learn druidism after being exposed to the outside world.
    Or, an analog to the Loa, might as well have them practise voodoo then :P

Truth is, we don't really know WHAT the Celestials are or who made them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricirich91 View Post
    I still have to know why some guys say that undead can't be paladin for light problems.
    Do an holy priest has lesser light? Come on, Lightwell has so much light that may fuse your video card with great gamma
    Just so you know, the only reason Undead can be priests is because they worship the shadow. Just try to ignore the light part. There is a huge group of Undead who are Shadow priests because they believe the Light has forsaken them. Of course Blizzard isn't going to get rid of the holy part of being a priest for an Undead player, that would be stupid and unfair.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Gilneans never send any clerics to join the Order of the Silver Hand, and the Order never established an embassy in Gilneas, so that's why. And the reason behind the lack of Worgen and Goblin monks is the fact that both races start at another point in time, in isolated environments.
    Yeah, i know why they aren't those class, but now that the worgen are part of the alliance once again, the teachings of the light and being a paladin could have been given to them too, also the same with Worgen and Goblin monks...

Note: In most of the case, i'm not discussion why they are not, i'm just saying that they have the possibility to be that class...

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by maxilian View Post
    Yeah, even more when you think that the Trolls have the Loas that are spirit of the wild, and that are normally represented as animals, but i do think that their appearance in cataclysm (the form they were introduced) was weird
    The druid trainer on the Echo Isles tells the troll player that the reason behind the troll druids is that their Raptor Loa is (or was) trapped in the Emerald Dream.

And I don't know, at least they WERE introduced during the re-taking of the Echo Isles, unlike basically all the other new race-class combos which weren't introduced and most of them were explained like "Oh I just read a book, or I watched Kenny over there do it".

There is no reason not to. Blood Elves are very intune with nature. If you do the starting zone for them, you see how much simply from them using magics to affect nature. Making it always warm in a very northern area.

Thank you! Somebody that remembers! Velen repaired the Sunwell with M'uru's heart so that the Blood elves wouldn't have to resort to Fel magic.
    Last edited by The Hero of Legend; 2013-08-28 at 03:16 PM.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Including Pandaren? And unlike moronic trolls they already have concepts of harmony and balance with nature. It's ingrained into their culture.
    Someone's just angry that her great-grandmother was a troll :P

Including Pandaren? And unlike moronic trolls they already have concepts of harmony and balance with nature. It's ingrained into their culture.
    You shouldn't bash trolls too hard, they are the night elven ancestors after all, and they more or less live survival of the fittest. Nature is cruel, never forget that.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    But we do, I think it was kosak whom already said Celestials are like the Ancients, they just never covered whether they entered the Emerald Dream or not, yet.

- - - Updated - - -

Which is why they made up BS about them using the light to cauterize themselves rather than simply saying "its gameplay"
    Well, Loa are like the Ancients too honestly. And "like" the Ancients isn't the best or most straight answer either.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    There is no reason not to. Blood Elves are very intune with nature. If you do the starting zone for them, you see how much simply from them using magics to affect nature. Making it always warm in a very northern area.
    That's not using nature though, that's using the Arcane to ABUSE and FORCE the nature.

That's not using nature though, that's using the Arcane to ABUSE and FORCE the nature.
    Though it is shaping the land in a different way, they would be druids and at same time wouldn't be, just like sunwalkers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkblade95 View Post
    Just so you know, the only reason Undead can be priests is because they worship the shadow. Just try to ignore the light part. There is a huge group of Undead who are Shadow priests because they believe the Light has forsaken them. Of course Blizzard isn't going to get rid of the holy part of being a priest for an Undead player, that would be stupid and unfair.
    These, but also there are always exeption, there could also come someone with new teaching for the forsaken, for example, lets say Sylvanas go to Northrend (Naxxramas to be more especific) and raise the 4 horseman, as you may know Sir Zeliek was a undead that weild the light as his weapon, that could be a really good form to introduce the paladins to the forsakens... (I know he considere the undead as a curse, but maybe he feels guilty for many things the Lich King made him do, so he tries to find a way to redeem himself, and what a better way than showing those who are also cursed a way to purify themself with the light... -note: is just a mere idea-)

10+ Year Old Account
    true but that doesn't mean we won't return to it...it is literally part of our blood and considering the chain of events where warlocks got green fire from...it is quite possible that in the future it may be revisited.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Though it is shaping the land in a different way, they would be druids and at same time wouldn't be, just like sunwalkers.
    More like very determined terra-shapers or sorcerer landscape-architects :P

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrHappy View Post
    true but that doesn't mean we won't return to it...it is literally part of our blood and considering the chain of events where warlocks got green fire from...it is quite possible that in the future it may be revisited.
    Oh yes, it does indeed mean that they won't return to it, they saw what it caused. And the Green Fire quest doesn't really have anything to do with the Blood Elves specifically, that's just about crazy warlocks wanting more power despite knowing how insanely dangerous it is.

And no, it's not part of your blood. That's not why they are named Blood Elves.

- - - Updated - - -

not really. I've had a healthy disdain for trolls long before the one liner came up trying to link night elves to those cannibal scum. Saying Night Elves evolved from them simply proves that trolls indeed are a lesser race by comparison
    Eh, rather a crazy cannibal with bad teeth than a moon-crazed fanatic in a dress with pinkeye :P Oh and to be honest, the troll-night elf thing is from vanilla.
    Last edited by Venziir; 2013-08-28 at 03:19 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    or how the druids are trying to cleanse the plaguelands, and the druid that tried (By mistake) make the barrens a big jungle, etc...

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    or how the druids are trying to cleanse the plaguelands, and the druid that tried (By mistake) make the barrens a big jungle, etc...
    The Barrens issue is caused by the Nightmare though. That said, there's still a difference between using nature magic to heal the land, and using arcane magic to force the land to ie. always be a warm place.

10+ Year Old Account
    not really. I've had a healthy disdain for trolls long before the one liner came up trying to link night elves to those cannibal scum. Saying Night Elves evolved from them simply proves that trolls indeed are a lesser race by comparison
    Actually the Night Elves didn't evolved from the Trolls, they mutated because of the Well of Eternity, they are not an evolution of the Trolls, they are a mutation

These, but also there are always exeption, there could also come someone with new teaching for the forsaken, for example, lets say Sylvanas go to Northrend (Naxxramas to be more especific) and raise the 4 horseman, as you may know Sir Zeliek was a undead that weild the light as his weapon, that could be a really good form to introduce the paladins to the forsakens... (I know he considere the undead as a curse, but maybe he feels guilty for many things the Lich King made him do, so he tries to find a way to redeem himself, and what a better way than showing those who are also cursed a way to purify themself with the light... -note: is just a mere idea-)
    That's a very interesting idea