Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    Easter eggs are usually semi-hidden, not huge and viewable on the map.
    well I've never noticed this until you pointed it out, so it was out the way enough to be an easter egg.

for reference, this is how big Galakrond was with the aspects (still proto drakes then) around him.

Last edited by Trassk; 2013-08-29 at 12:24 AM.
    #boycottchina

15+ Year Old Account
    Whoa, actually, if you look at it...it looks about as big as Deathwing does during the DragonSoul raid...(Who looks much bigger than other appearences)

Random thought...we blow him up at the Maelstrom...I wonder if the Dragonsoul was strong enough to kill him, teleport him back in time and at that area, and let him die there.

The only thing we had left is his metal chin.

Which, this skeleton doesn't have a lower jaw...

DUN DUN DUNNNNN!
    Last edited by seam; 2013-08-29 at 12:44 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I doubt Blizzard will ever address this, but it is definetly a good question to ask them in the next dev interview roundup for the art team.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

I always thought Galakrond's bones weren't big enough.

It's probably just a random terrain detail.

P.S. Love the use of "gnome" as a unit of measure.

Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    One of the speculations are that this guy is Manta, but even manta doesn't have that much story behind him besides that he was pretty much the most powerful entity in the world, then some guy shot him and he died.
    Booo book lore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverrendy View Post
    I really want to see Galakrond as a boss though.
    GL getting back in time before the aspects even where the aspects...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    well I've never noticed this until you pointed it out, so it was out the way enough to be an easter egg.

for reference, this is how big Galakrond was with the aspects (still proto drakes then) around him.

Aww look at those cute lil tiny baby arms <3

Serious: Hes big! Makes me wonder who the mom and dad was...

10+ Year Old Account
    Very fun speculation OP, i never noticed those bones and after seeing them close up it is pretty cool.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably will never see who that beast is but in my hopes I do hope we find out and that we can see some sort of a flashback to when it was alive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Am I the only one that noticed that the dragon shape was made out of dirt... Like it's just the seafloor making the shape of a dragon

Very interesting

I hope theres more too it other than some bored art dev thought it would be cool thing to add.

Best guess well it sure looks like a huge ass dragon maybe its galakronds dad

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Am I the only one that noticed that the dragon shape was made out of dirt... Like it's just the seafloor making the shape of a dragon
    That's Blizzard being lazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Crennox View Post
    Strictly speaking, that is really how fossilized bones end up... just as part of the rock.

In any case, I think it's safe to say that that's not a dragon, it's a sea monster.

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    Strictly speaking, that is really how fossilized bones end up... just as part of the rock.

In any case, I think it's safe to say that that's not a dragon, it's a sea monster.
    or a ... Sea Dragon... dun dun dun

That's because it's so ancient, it became a fossil!

No, seriously...
    Quote Originally Posted by Crennox View Post

Just another mystery in WoW. Its another legend created (Manta) to add life to the story and the game.
    "I just wanted them to hand us our award! But they were just talk!, talk!, talk!......" - Wrathion

Deleted
    its the sand snake from shadow of the colossus

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanzlee View Post
    its the sand snake from shadow of the colossus

Whoa that actually looks like it xD

My guess is that the reason Blizzard has never mentioned this thing or it being larger than Galakrond is that it was not part of their zone design. Since it is just made out of terrain, I'd guess that whoever was in charge of designing that area decided to have a little fun with the geography and textures to spice it up a bit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jokubas View Post
    My guess is that the reason Blizzard has never mentioned this thing or it being larger than Galakrond is that it was not part of their zone design. Since it is just made out of terrain, I'd guess that whoever was in charge of designing that area decided to have a little fun with the geography and textures to spice it up a bit.
    I'm assuming that too. The game is full of all kinds of random little easter eggs.

I mean, have you ever seen this clam face in dread wastes?

It's actually pretty freakin' creepy to see... its "eyes" open and shut.

I'm pretty sure that's not some "lore entity." Just game developers being game developers.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

None of the dragon's our other large creatures fit their actual lore size. Alexstraza is easily as big as Stormwind, Galakrond is even bigger(but not so big that you could see his skeleton on the dragonsblight map.

hell even Ysera who is the biggest green dragon is dwarfed by all the skeletons at her grove. Yogg Saron is probably the size of an actual godzilla monster.

The skeleton in the pic is either that large monster that was talked about in Day of the Dragon, or just a artist being a troll.