Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    We should get Drainei warlocks too. Also Tauren Mages oh and one last thing we what about Night elf Warlocks! *Sarcasm off*
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    We have had multiple threads of white people complaining that black people were offended over some racist thing some white person said.
    Here we have a thread of white people offended over something some racist black person said.
    The key difference is that the white people in this thread aren't being told "shut up stop being offended get over it."

Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    it's ridiculous that gnomes can't be hunters, considering every other race in the game can AND the Alliance is short one class from Horde.
    I think it's even more ridiculous when you think about how important engineering as a prof used to be for hunters before they removed ammo from the game (not to mention the crafting of hunter weapons, scopes etc)...and that one of the engineering specializations is gnomish.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    Also, Draenei exposed to fel energy for long enough devolve into Broken. It's one of those lore things that makes a particular race/class combination more or less impossible.
    except for the ones that became Man'ari Eredar you mean?

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-cleave View Post
    I wouldn't say Warlocks (simply because the draenei thinking is far different than the cultural taboo other races have against Warlocks), probably Druids as well (as they've been trying to reverse the corruption the crash contaminated everything with).
    Druid or possibly Rogue. NEVER FORGET MISHKA!

Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    After being separated for 25,000 years (and being so close to the Naaru for so long), the Draenei have essentially become "Light-infused" (hence their racial ability), while the Eredar were forcibly turned into demons (infused with it, rather than corrupted).

So the Fel-energy interacts with the Draenei negatively because of this. No other race forcibly devolves like this when exposed to Fel energy (blood elves do not, they got their "Broken" forms from being without Arcane energy).

Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    Eh, I've always gotten the impression that Sargeras himself had a hand in transforming the Eredar into Man'ari when they pledged allegiance to him. Either way, Draenei don't do well with fel energy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-cleave View Post
    After being separated for 25,000 years (and being so close to the Naaru for so long), the Draenei have essentially become "Light-infused" (hence their racial ability), while the Eredar were forcibly turned into demons (infused with it, rather than corrupted).

So the Fel-energy interacts with the Draenei negatively because of this. No other race forcibly devolves like this when exposed to Fel energy (blood elves do not, they got their "Broken" forms from being without Arcane energy).
    Actually blood elfs become wretcheds when they consume more arcane energy than their body can stand...

10+ Year Old Account
    I think that the basic answer is that any amount of blood elves that would venerate, worship nature is negligible if not outright non-existing.

Blood elves, and high elves for that matter, might be one of the races with least respect for nature. They basically terraformed Quel'thalas to make it to their liking, they were arrogant like that.

As it is with humans, nature is a means to an end for most; some can love it and all, but culturally, no one cares enough.

The High Botanist was clearly using some sort of druidism tampered with magics, and for some very questionable experiments. That would be ethically wrong for a druid. I think it's highly possible that high elves always had a working knowledge of druidism and used it for practical reasons, but they completely lack the spiritual approach.

Their nature consciousness came through their Rangers, who were always sort of sneered by the magical class; that's as far as it gets with high elves, and now blood elves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Amonra View Post
    I think that the basic answer is that any amount of blood elves that would venerate, worship nature is negligible if not outright non-existing.

Blood elves, and high elves for that matter, might be one of the races with least respect for nature. They basically terraformed Quel'thalas to make it to their liking, they were arrogant like that.

As it is with humans, nature is a means to an end for most; some can love it and all, but culturally, no one cares enough.

The High Botanist was clearly using some sort of druidism tampered with magics, and for some very questionable experiments. That would be ethically wrong for a druid. I think it's highly possible that high elves always had a working knowledge of druidism and used it for practical reasons, but they completely lack the spiritual approach.

Their nature consciousness came through their Rangers, who were always sort of sneered by the magical class; that's as far as it gets with high elves, and now blood elves.
    Keep in mind that Troll Druids get their druidic powers by making deals with the Loa. They probably respect nature to a degree, but they don't worship or venerate it the same way the Night Elves and Tauren do. I would say that even the Worgen are a bit different too, going from harvest witches and hedge-mages who have an unusual connection to nature and druidism (being Worgen, in this case). I think that if Blizzard wanted to, they could make a reasonable way for Blood Elves to be Druids.

Quote Originally Posted by AlarStormbringer View Post
    I think that if Blizzard wanted to, they could make a reasonable way for Blood Elves to be Druids.
    Why should they, though? Really what this boils down to is that people what to be a druid and play a pretty Horde race at the same time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Why should they, though? Really what this boils down to is that people what to be a druid and play a pretty Horde race at the same time.
    Why should they release ANY new class/race combinations? Because people would like them to. They don't have to, but it would be nice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AlarStormbringer View Post
    Keep in mind that Troll Druids get their druidic powers by making deals with the Loa. They probably respect nature to a degree, but they don't worship or venerate it the same way the Night Elves and Tauren do. I would say that even the Worgen are a bit different too, going from harvest witches and hedge-mages who have an unusual connection to nature and druidism (being Worgen, in this case). I think that if Blizzard wanted to, they could make a reasonable way for Blood Elves to be Druids.
    But those two examples are very different I'd say.

Trolls are a lot more mystical and reverent of the natural world as a whole, its spirits and mysteries, it makes sense for them to find a connection to nature magic through their deities. I mean, the Loa are basically connected to the emerald dream by their own nature; and it's that primeval quality that makes sense.

The Harvest witches are like the most a non druidic culture can aspire to. Nature magic is like any other school in the sense it can be controled, but druidism is the ultimate expression of that connection with the natural world. Harvest Witches and Elven Rangers have that practical knowledge of some druidic spells, but it doesn't go beyond that; both in terms of realized potential and understatement.

Worgen really became druids only when they came in direct contact with the night elves, those with the potential and knowledge of basic druidic magics; it was a very attractive path for them, specially when druidism allowed them to even better understand the connection between their feral and human minds.

I don't think that blood elves COULD NEVER be druids; if blizzard wants it, it will happen. But I actually think that besides forsaken and goblin, blood elves would be the least inclined to follow a druidic path now when their whole society is actually based on their people refusing to live a druidic life. The highborne did saw druidic magic as inferior, and now with a well powered by arcane and light, I don't think they have a need, as a society, to follow another path.

Without reading through the pantsload of posts on here: Yes they should be able to. The elves have proven to be quite adept at harnessing and manipulating various magic (fel, elemental, arcane, etc).

Hell, step into Botanica and there already is one.

Side note, Zandalari Prelates make me want Troll Paladins.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    Without reading through the pantsload of posts on here: Yes they should be able to. The elves have proven to be quite adept at harnessing and manipulating various magic (fel, elemental, arcane, etc).

Hell, step into Botanica and there already is one.

One of the main problems of this argument, is that the highborne, and now the blood elves, see druidism as a lesser, weaker, unrefined source of magic. If ability was all we needed, we would have shamans too.

The highborne used the arcane for everything, their whole culture and way of life is based on it, they shunned druidism in Kalimdor because they couldn't live without the arcane. The only other magics they have used have been to either have healing magic at their disposal (the light) and fel magic, that they have refined to be used as arcane.
    Last edited by TheDangerZone; 2013-08-29 at 10:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post

http://wowpedia.org/Zabra_Hexx

Might happen one day.

- - - Updated - - -

One of the main problems of this argument, is that the highborne, and now the blood elves, see druidism as a lesser, weaker, unrefined source of magic. If ability was all we needed, we would have shamans too.
    Take the Taunka for example, they don have a harmonious realtion to the elements, they dominate them, but they are still shamans.

The highborne used the arcane for everything, their whole culture and way of life is based on it, they shunned druidism in Kalimdor because they could live without the arcane. The only other magics they have used have been to either have healing magic at their disposal (the light) and fel magic, that they have refined to be used as arcane.
    The blood elves abandoned fel magic years ago, it isn't used to power the city anymore. The elves were always eager to figure out new forms of magic, take the Anima Golems for example.

Blood as a power source - a very powerful form of life magic. The work of the titans, perhaps? How does it work?
    Aethas, I want our best archmages studying this device at once. We have so much to learn.

They always try to figure out new ways of magic, which they can use.

15+ Year Old Account

The highborne used the arcane for everything, their whole culture and way of life is based on it, they shunned druidism in Kalimdor because they could live without the arcane. The only other magics they have used have been to either have healing magic at their disposal (the light) and fel magic, that they have refined to be used as arcane.
    Fel magic and arcane magic are not the same thing.

Illidan promised Kael'thas he could get his people off Arcane magic addiction only to provide them with endless amounts of fel crystals so they could siphon off fel magic, replacing their addiction. Fel magic is even more addicting than arcane magic, which is why you see the withered elves who are fel magic crackheads.

They do not twist arcane magic into fel. They are 2 different schools of magic.

Even in Kel'thas' twisted group of blood elves, is a blood elf druid. They should be able to learn it.

I think a nice red/orange lynx for cat form would be cool for them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    http://wowpedia.org/Zabra_Hexx

Might happen one day.

- - - Updated - - -

Take the Taunka for example, they don have a harmonious realtion to the elements, they dominate them, but they are still shamans.
    Some dominate, some beg and some just have god like powers with little training(Thrall in the early years)

But Shamans have always been more of a hardy race, not the more fragile where druids fill in for them. There's some races that should never be a certain class or class and shamans and druids, those races are gnomes and undead for me. But realistically all powers should be usable for all people so its ehh.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Sindorei worship no concept of a god or diety within their society. They do not revel in nature to any level. They also feed off of the infinite mana source of the Sunwell, so less nature energy there.

The Kel'dorei on the other hand have dieties they respect or outright worship. They live with nature, instead of tearing it apart to build its cities.

The Tauren had the Earthmother, but also had the concept of the two eyes. They also worship nature but also in the sense of night and day, allowing them to bring in the paladin class and priest class. The light but with the conceptualize of a diety.

The Sin'dorei have nothing right now in their lore that would lead them down the path to nature, and thus druidic teachings.
    ---TransAwesome---
    A rainbow a day keeps the gloomies away.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll support the wish, as long as they don't go doing anything silly and prissy with it.

Quote Originally Posted by lupii View Post
    The Sindorei worship no concept of a god or diety within their society. They do not revel in nature to any level. They also feed off of the infinite mana source of the Sunwell, so less nature energy there.
    Which was created using a vial of eternity, from the original well, which purpose was to sustain Azeroths lush life

The Sin'dorei have nothing right now in their lore that would lead them down the path to nature, and thus druidic teachings.
    According to Day of the Dragon farstriders know primitive druism, Vereesa can speak with trees.