Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    For everyone saying Blood Elves can't be druids because of lore....

http://www.wowwiki.com/High_Botanist_Freywinn

He's a blood elf druid who also shape shifts during the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post

On the matter of the high elves... again. There is no living high elf that was there that day. They aren't immortal anymore and live for probably a few hundred years on average.
    You are way off, High/Blood elves live for thousands of years, take Alleria for example she fought during the troll wars, that was 2.800 years ago and she is still "young".

Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    No, it's not. Exposure to fel energy causes Draenei to devolve into Broken.

Forsaken priests in lore are all considered to be shadow priests. That option doesn't exist with a class that utilizes only the Light.

Druids are druids because of their connection to the natural world. Being undead, existing outside the natural cycle, by definition means a severing of that connection. If they were still connected to the natural world, they'd just be dead, instead of undead.
    Abused with fel energy turns them into broken, embracing it... well you do know what an Eredar is right?

They have stated that undead priests are in pain when they use the light, what point is there to say that, if there is no holy priests?

the natural cycle, like its an actual force in the universe. I guess those tauren who are trying to cure the forsaken better be told that it's pointless.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    They've stated lorewise that there are undead holy priests and that it hurts to use their powers, never once saying they dont exist. The very scar was a combination of necromancy and thousands of undead marching through the land. There is no such corruption given off by the forsaken, which is probably due to the fact that there is no longer a necromantic bond between them and a master. could you imagine if the forsaken tainted the ground they walk on? they wouldn't have any allies.

On the matter of the high elves... again. There is no living high elf that was there that day. They aren't immortal anymore and live for probably a few hundred years on average. Supposedly my ancestors came to America for a few reasons, religious persecution is one of them, yet Im an atheist. Arcane ruled their lives, but being forced into the dark ages worshiping Cenarius and some moon goddess, under the rule of some hippy and his girlfriend's dictatorship probably didn't sit well with some of them. They came to eastern kingdoms to escape mana persecution and guess what, not all of them practice the arcane. They have had druids in their history, they've had rangers who can talk to trees. They even changed from tall blue/pink/purple to short peach skinned. To say that they left because of arcane and they their descendants are the very same is just ridiculous.
    Rangers/hunters did use magic.

The only class BElves could be upon release that were not magic users was rogue. Rogues in Blood Elven society had broken their magical addiction through studying of martial arts. Look it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    You are way off, High/Blood elves live for thousands of years, take Alleria for example she fought during the troll wars, that was 2.800 years ago and she is still "young".
    yup, did not know that. There still isnt any living high elf from that time.

Kinda assumed since Anasterian is a descendant of the bloodline the royal bloodline that they didn't live for 1000's of years. hell if thats the case he's probably like the great grandson of Dath'remar

Quote Originally Posted by chrisisvacant View Post
    Rangers/hunters did use magic.

The only class BElves could be upon release that were not magic users was rogue. Rogues in Blood Elven society had broken their magical addiction through studying of martial arts. Look it up.
    No, no they hadn't. Blood Elf Rogues have the exact same "Learn to control your addiction" quest as the magic-using classes, and the same Mana Tap/Arcane Torrent abilities. The addiction has to do with the Sunwell, not with being a magic-user.

15+ Year Old Account
    No, no they hadn't. Blood Elf Rogues have the exact same "Learn to control your addiction" quest as the magic-using classes.
    Except they had. Look it up.

our cat form would be lions then? I'm sooo down for that

Why recolor a storm crow and slap a sun phoenix symbol on it? Blood elves worship a sun goddess (kinda, it's not mentioned much). I think a Hawk form would be good for their flight form if given druids. I would say phoenix, but I feel it'd be too much like Al'ar.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Captnmexico21 View Post
    our cat form would be lions then? I'm sooo down for that
    http://www.wowwiki.com/Lynx

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dastreus View Post
    Why recolor a storm crow and slap a sun phoenix symbol on it? Blood elves worship a sun goddess (kinda, it's not mentioned much). I think a Hawk form would be good for their flight form if given druids. I would say phoenix, but I feel it'd be too much like Al'ar.

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.wowwiki.com/Lynx
    Phoenix form would be perfect. Phoenixes are extremely important in Blood Elven society. Similarly to how you see Night Elves and tigers paired together, so too are phoenixes and blood elves.

Except they had. Look it up.
    Please provide your source, since all blood elves were addicted as far as I know.

As with high elves, most blood elves are not spellcasters. Blood elves do not drain magic in order to engage in spellcasting, but simply to feed their addiction to arcane magic.

http://wowpedia.org/The_Warcraft_Enc...ia/Blood_Elves

Please provide your source, since all blood elves were addicted as far as I know.
    Considering how difficult it has been for the Blood Elves to get as far as they are now in dealing with the addiction, for a whole group of them to be "lol we broke the addiction by taking after-school karate" would pretty much negate the entire Blood Elf story.

15+ Year Old Account
    Considering how difficult it has been for the Blood Elves to get as far as they are now in dealing with the addiction, for a whole group of them to be "lol we broke the addiction by taking after-school karate" would pretty much negate the entire Blood Elf story.
    Uh, of course it doesn't. These folks are trained in their disciplines all of their lives. It would make zero sense to drop their studies to learn excruciatingly physical combat skills. First of all, addiction doesn't really work that way. Second of all, the fel magic use wasn't seen as a bad thing until the very end of the expansion where Blood Knights were redeemed. Third of all - Because elves were so deeply situated with magic of all kinds, they were simply physically weaker. Too weak to be a warrior, for sure. The dexterity and litheness that comes natural to them helps them in their roguish ways. Are you new to WoW?

Rogues were not as addicted to magic as other classes. This was the justification.

Uh, of course it doesn't. These folks are trained in their disciplines all of their lives. It would make zero sense to drop their studies to learn excruciatingly physical combat skills. First of all, addiction doesn't really work that way. Second of all, the fel magic use wasn't seen as a bad thing until the very end of the expansion where Blood Knights were redeemed. The dexterity and litheness that comes natural to them helps them in their roguish ways. Are you new to WoW?

Rogues were not as addicted to magic as other classes. This was the justification.

Okay now I am certain you don't really know the background lore, do yourself a favor and read this

http://wowpedia.org/Blood_elf

Third of all - Because elves were so deeply situated with magic of all kinds, they were simply physically weaker. Too weak to be a warrior, for sure.
    Blood elves always had warriors, they just weren't playable.

Okay now I am certain you don't really know the background lore, do yourself a favor and read this
    There are far bigger issues with that post than his knowledge of the game's lore.

15+ Year Old Account

http://wowpedia.org/Blood_elf

Blood elves always had warriors, they just weren't playable.
    Sorry, but linking that to me doesn't disprove anything I said. Furthermore, you linking a wikipedia article to me is not an official source.

Sorry, but linking that to me doesn't disprove anything I said. Furthermore, you linking a wikipedia article to me is not an official source.
    These are official , every last sentence in there has a legit lore source,I checked what you were saying about rogues not being addicted to magic and came up with nothing, meaning you most likely made it up.

15+ Year Old Account
    There are far bigger issues with that post than his knowledge of the game's lore.
    Feel free to disprove anything I've said. Bear in mind that disproving does involve showing a legitimate source.

- - - Updated - - -

These are official , every last sentence in there has a legit lore source,I checked what you were saying about rogues not being addicted to magic and came up with nothing, meaning you most likely made it up.
    It's really of no consequence whether or not you believe what I've stated.

By the way, the sources on those wiki entries are broken links.

It's really of no consequence whether or not you believe what I've stated.

By the way, the sources on those wiki entries are broken links.
    No they are not they were taken from the official site before it was revamped and are still canon.

https://twitter.com/Loreology/status/346657605311148032
    Last edited by Combatbutler; 2013-08-29 at 05:08 AM.

Feel free to disprove anything I've said. Bear in mind that disproving does involve showing a legitimate source.
    One: It's not on me to disprove anything, it's on you, the one making the assertions, to provide proof.
    Two: Says the guy who has yet to provide a source for his claim that Blood Elf rogues aren't addicted to magic.
    Three: Your post is so full of shit, in so many different ways, it's not worth addressing. Especially since you'll just come back with another post full of shit. It would be like arguing with somebody who believes the Earth is flat. So, no thanks.