Page 92 of 97 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    one word: YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

now back to vanilla hp levels.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    Yes, not being able to solo all the content I can solo now is not going to bring me back, it's going to make quitting even easier.
    The title of this thread seriously needs to be changed to "Item Squish Confirmed [Will not affect the ability to solo old content]"

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    is this really something people consider when coming back? the numbers??
    I don't even remember how much HP I had in BC. I had maybe 20k in Wrath? But having 20k HP again would not make the game Wrath again, and whatever I had in BC would not make the game feel like BC again. It was boss/raid design, class/role design, story/theme... I think they overinflated player and mob health in Cata and caused this problem, because really, what would have been wrong with having 40k HP in Cata for healers/dps, (and maybe a max of 80k or a bit less in MoP) instead of that Blizzard went the way they did KNOWING they would hit a number limit eventually, same with continuing to insist normal mode gear outclass previous tier's hard mode gear instead of sharing an ilevel to keep ilevels lower, but that doesn't even make my list of all the reasons why I HATED Cata.

As long as player power at max level is the same relative to today for old content, I honestly don't care about the squish.

However, I suspect blizzard will just crunch player power, and leave raids alone. Are they really going to spend the time to squish old raids? Are they going to test them? I seriously doubt that.

The squish will be complex, they can't just simply take one 0 off every number in the game. Exponential growth will require some sort of algorithm to lower everything proportionally. People will have to excuse me for not believing Blizzard is going to be concerned about how hard or easy content from previous expansions is.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    However, I suspect blizzard will just crunch player power, and leave raids alone. Are they really going to spend the time to squish old raids? Are they going to test them? I seriously doubt that.
    You mean, despite the fact they've explained they will do exactly that? Nah, when they say "X" they actually mean "not X". Irvine is actually on Bizarro Earth, you know.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TAxbo View Post
    The title of this thread seriously needs to be changed to "Item Squish Confirmed [Will not affect the ability to solo old content]"
    Haha yeah pretty much this :P Tho i would be lying if i said i was not enjoying the amount of posts about that :P

10+ Year Old Account
    What if soloing old raids becomes harder (it's not actually)? Isnt the point of soloing old content to challanging yourself? Its not a challange to solo any classic/tbc raids atm. What is it that all these whiners enjoy if not the challange? Killing 'raid bosses' that hit for 2k?

Yes, not being able to solo all the content I can solo now is not going to bring me back, it's going to make quitting even easier.
    Why can nobody seem to read? The percentage of damage and health is exactly the same, the actual numbers are smaller. You can solo everything at the same exact speed you can now. Stop being retarded.
    It's like crossing an intersection. There's shit going on all over the place and you don't panic and act like an idiot then do you?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    You mean, despite the fact they've explained they will do exactly that? Nah, when they say "X" they actually mean "not X". Irvine is actually on Bizarro Earth, you know.
    I have been to Irvine, and this is actually true. I mean, false. i mean. . . .

Quote Originally Posted by anjan011 View Post
    Frankly ppl, be sensible and think before spewing out things u don't have idea about.
    The irony in this statement is off the charts.

You've solved it, being the absolute computational genius that you are, despite being proven objectively wrong at every turn. Blizzard is spending money to make this change not because it's needed. They're doing it just to piss you off on an individual basis.

This is clearly the only answer you'd think is 'right', so that's the one you should roll with.

- - - Updated - - -

Please do exactly that. And then take some math courses.

If they do this all the vanilla raid bosses are gonna be a joke.

Vanilla bosses will either be squished down to around 5k health each or they will be impossible to solo. If they do have around that mich health it will mean that a lvl 60 toon will have under 2k health. Leveling from 1-60 would feel so unrewarding. And lets not forget starting zone nerfs mobs will have loke 1 health point how epic.. PS sorry for bad spelling im on phone
    GO BEARS!!!!!

We know the item progression is linear up to level 60 or so. We know they've indicated they're going to conform the rest of the items to that item progression.

If a level 60 is expected to be in iLevel 60 gear (which, pre-raiding, is reasonable), then a level 90 will be expected to be in iLevel 90 gear (pre-raiding). This is how linear progression works. A level 90 will be 50% stronger than a level 60, or another way, a level 60 will be 66% as strong as a 90. I'm not sure in what universe you people exist who think that a single character can do the job tuned for 25 persons of 66% his strength. Or perhaps you think Blizzard is simply staffed by magicians and believe they can change the laws of mathematics simply because they've said "your relative power will not be impacted". Must be a blissful existence of yours.

This is why linear itemization progression will (by itself) destroy soloing old world content. Note how I said content not raids? Yeah. You won't be breathing on level 60 mobs and watching them die. You'll be killing them only approximately 50% faster than you did then you were level 60. Even if they apply some buff in old raids (which if their "code" can't "compile the numbers" [lol], is going to cause problems anyway), you're still going to be gimped in the overworld.

But please, don't bother reading and turning on your brain, just respond with the expected "lol ur stupid" and "lrn2math" nonsense you ignorant fools (who ironically yourselves cannot "math"), have been saying throughout the thread.

there will be many good other game out when this happens and i think after 7 years of playing its time to move on
    the ultimate answer's to all rogue issues :

-Rogues might still be dealing with the changes to combo points {2014}

Quote Originally Posted by PetersenIII View Post
    I'm not sure in what universe you people exist who think that a single character can do the job tuned for 25 persons of 66% his strength.
    We live in a universe where Blizzard said higher level characters will get a stat buff when they enter lower level instances, to compensate for the smoothing of the gear curve.

Maybe you should go back and read what they said before spouting off obnoxious insulting falsehoods?
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

10+ Year Old Account
    We know the item progression is linear up to level 60 or so. We know they've indicated they're going to conform the rest of the items to that item progression.

If a level 60 is expected to be in iLevel 60 gear (which, pre-raiding, is reasonable), then a level 90 will be expected to be in iLevel 90 gear (pre-raiding). This is how linear progression works. A level 90 will be 50% stronger than a level 60, or another way, a level 60 will be 66% as strong as a 90. I'm not sure in what universe you people exist who think that a single character can do the job tuned for 25 persons of 66% his strength. Or perhaps you think Blizzard is simply staffed by magicians and believe they can change the laws of mathematics simply because they've said "your relative power will not be impacted". Must be a blissful existence of yours.

This is why linear itemization progression will (by itself) destroy soloing old world content. Note how I said content not raids? Yeah. You won't be breathing on level 60 mobs and watching them die. You'll be killing them only approximately 50% faster than you did then you were level 60. Even if they apply some buff in old raids (which if their "code" can't "compile the numbers" [lol], is going to cause problems anyway), you're still going to be gimped in the overworld.

But please, don't bother reading and turning on your brain, just respond with the expected "lol ur stupid" and "lrn2math" nonsense you ignorant fools (who ironically yourselves cannot "math"), have been saying throughout the thread.
    TL;DR = " Im dumb, I cant comprehend that blizzard has already thought of this and clearly as a plan in mind to prevent everything I just mentioned from negatively impacting the game. "

The only way I would get upset about an item squish is if it was done in a way that would affect my ability to solo old content. That is something I find very enjoyable. Other than that one concern, I don't care one way or another.
    Karma always has the last laugh.

Deleted
    Anyone of you ever played Cookie Clicker?

How about Catch 'n Run custom map in SC2?

Yeah, can you imagine playing those without insane stat growths? That's at least half of the fun gone.

If item squish goes thru I'm going to quit, what's the point anymore? We're not even getting the illusion that we're becoming powerful anymore. Being reset to TBC levels every 3 expansions isn't fun.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    If item squish goes thru I'm going to quit, what's the point anymore? We're not even getting the illusion that we're becoming powerful anymore. Being reset to TBC levels every 3 expansions isn't fun.
    I'll respond to this because it seems like the main gripe being brought up in this thread again and again.

Your "power" is effectively reset at the start of every new expansion. You level to the new cap and whatever uber-gear you once possessed is woefully inadequate to take on the new challenges that await you at max-level.

However you then choose to obtain new, max-level gear (be it dungeons, raids, crafting, PVP or valor) those new items and the higher numbers that come with them are simply there to increase the amount of damage/healing/mitigation you can do in relation to the enemies you'll be facing.

If your stats are reduced in proportion to the amount of health or damage that bosses have across all levels of content then how is it in any way an issue? If you can 3 shot a boss in MC then, guess what, you'll still be able to do that because the damage you'll be doing is still going to be the same in proportion to that classic boss' healthpool. You're still growing in power and that crit number, shining so brightly above the corpse of your fallen enemy is irrelevant.

I just don't understand the QQ surrounding the ilvl squish. If you decided to turn your mana/healthpool on to "percentage mode" and installed an addon that simply showed the % of damage/healing your abilities did in relation to what you were attacking/healing then you literally would not even notice the squish when it came in - instead people seem to just want to complain.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Honeyprime View Post
    The only way I would get upset about an item squish is if it was done in a way that would affect my ability to solo old content. That is something I find very enjoyable. Other than that one concern, I don't care one way or another.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    In case of an item squish, will relative power of players stay the same in terms of soloing old content?
    Yes. We don't want players to reject the squish for fear of losing the ability to solo old content. (Source)

I now have to find 24 other people to do BT/DS/BWL/ICC and follow mechanics just for pets and mog gear? no ty!
    I have said several times that item squish would not affect the ability to solo old content. That's not the intent. (Source)

But can you nerf every player without in anyway effecting soloing low level content? Keep everything the same but the numbers?
    "If player enters old instance, then buff all their stats." (Source)

10+ Year Old Account
    A buff for soloing old content is ridiculous. I hope they don't go there.