Glyph of Outbreak

This Glyph is due to receive a slight buff in 5.4, bringing its cost down from 40 RP to 30 RP. I know it has previously been mathed out to be a trap and I was wondering if the reduction in cost combined with the also buffed Plague Leech (with which it pairs nicely) would maybe make it viable for Blood or 2H Frost.

I've used it on my DK for CMs (blood) just so i have outbreak up for every pull, I always saved enough runic power for it. Don't think it's meant to be used for single target dps rotations or even aoe by any means, but for situations where your dots are constantly falling off or there are new targets to dot without being able to spread from a previous target.

They should make Outbreak like Marked for Death. If you use Outbreak on a target, and that target dies before they run out, the cooldown will be reset.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Toxiel View Post
    I've used it on my DK for CMs (blood) just so i have outbreak up for every pull, I always saved enough runic power for it. Don't think it's meant to be used for single target dps rotations or even aoe by any means, but for situations where your dots are constantly falling off or there are new targets to dot without being able to spread from a previous target.
    Yeah, and that's quite often actually. Blood boil isn't enough to keep them up in every single situation.

I'm actually pretty excited about using plague leech and glyph of outbreak for the first time as blood, now that it(ll be interesting.

I still wish they made it easier to manage the physical debuff, though. But at least, I'll be able to deploy diseases on every single target without having to use runes that I should keep for death strike.

I use it for 2H Frost for quality of life reasons.

I'm not a real top DPS chaser, but as an LFR-er, I'm usually in the top 5.

Basically, if all my runes are put aside for Obliterate, then I use alternates for disease and never touch plague strike.

Usually, I'll open with the Unholy Blight talent and start Obliterating/Frost Striking. By the time that's done, I'll pop shroom (if I have symbio) or Outbreak and go back to Obliterate/FS.

With Symbio, it gets pretty nice because I can go - Unholy Blight >>> Shroom >>> Unholy Blight >>> Outbreak >>> Outbreak >>> Unholy Blight >>> Outbreak >>> Outbreak >>> Unholy Blight >>> Shrooms >>> etc.

This way, I got the entire fight without worry about diseases falling off or spending a rune to apply them.
    Last edited by Totle; 2013-08-31 at 08:34 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    For Blood, Plague Leech and Glyph of Outbreak will make a Death Strike every 25 seconds at the cost of 30 RP. That is the cost of one Rune Strike, which gives 20% of a Death Strike normally. It will be virtually mandatory totally awesome for any situation that does not absolutely require Roiling Blood.

Quote Originally Posted by Omertocracy View Post
    For Blood, Plague Leech and Glyph of Outbreak will make a Death Strike every 25 seconds at the cost of 30 RP. That is the cost of one Rune Strike, which gives 20% of a Death Strike normally. It will be virtually mandatory totally awesome for any situation that does not absolutely require Roiling Blood.
    Yep, this. Having an extra on-demand DS exactly when you need it with a relatively short cooldown is going to prove extremely useful.

If a fight has a bunch of adds I'm sure I will stick with roiling blood, but any single target fight or a fight that has very few adds the strength of the buffed plague leech and buffed glyph of ob will be too good to pass up. Keep in mind that you will get 20 rp from the deathstrike- that makes the net cost of the deathstrike 10 rp after reapplying your diseases. An extra deathstrike twice a minute with a net cost of 10 runic power each is way too good to pass up.