Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Dedication
    Maximizing
    And fucking look at what is going on, on your screen..

Wow isnt rocket science..

Quote Originally Posted by kraner View Post
    Stop confusing casual with mediocre / stupid. I used to be a hardcore raider, the 5 days+ a week and realm first kind. For quite some time now I've gone casual, which means I play / raid whenever I have time to instead of Sunday through Thursday from 8PM. I still play at the same skill level, with the same type of UI and whatnot.
    With that said there is only one thing separating them ... time spent and commitment to the game.

Now if you're talking about comparing a good player to a mediocre or an exceptional to a retard .. that's what most of you have listed ... which is bad.
    There's plenty of skilled casuals as well as a lot of idiots raiding 5 days a week.
    True if he truely means CASUAL and isn't using it in the same retarded way most most people believe it means the only answer is TIME.

I believe he ment casual as a skill level not time commitment.

Dedication/Preparation
    Rotations
    Situational awareness.

Don't burn yourself out.

Some people last 1-2 expansions some last FIVE.

Moderation is a huge requirement. Because when you stop caring it's all downhill.

Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    play another game that is harder
    get back at wow and profit

works for any game, just saying
    Outside the box.

Pretty much though.

1. Be good at pvp. Countless times have i seen good / high rated pvp'ers outperform old pve'ers. I think its about the awareness part.
    2. Know your rotation, and know when to save your cd's 30 sec for fx aoe.
    3. Know the tactic first time your see it. "Experience is the ability to see a mistake before you make it the second time"

Quote Originally Posted by Johnkie View Post
    1. Be good at pvp. Countless times have i seen good / high rated pvp'ers outperform old pve'ers. I think its about the awareness part.
    2. Know your rotation, and know when to save your cd's 30 sec for fx aoe.
    3. Know the tactic first time your see it. "Experience is the ability to see a mistake before you make it the second time"
    I am terrible at arena. Best PvEr.

It CAN translate but it doesn't have too. I've carried glads in raids who have no clue. This goes with Mione's suggestion to play a different more reaction oriented game to get better at WoW. But I wouldn't advocate PvP when someone can go play something they actually find FUN to get improve reaction time.

A boss isn't going to stunlock and CC the fuck out of you or sustained burst your ass off. So the two experiences barely go with eachother.
    It MAY be a good experience for a healer I suppose.

Because essentially at it's core. WoW PvP and WoW PvE are two ENTIRELY different games.

Highlighted a big one you hit. Basically folds into awareness though. Or knowledge
    Last edited by anaxie; 2013-08-29 at 12:19 PM.

1) Preparation

2) More fucking preparation

3) The ability to learn from OTHERS' mistakes, not just your own.

Every single thing that is vital to being a capable raider can be boiled down to preparation. Somebody who raids 4 hours a week but puts in the time outside of raid to be fully, totally prepared, will go further than somebody who raids 16 hours a week and doesn't know their head from a hole in the ground.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Todyn View Post
    1) UI - clean and neat UI helps to avoid the clusterfuck of your screen
    2) Rotation - know it stone cold and be able to do it in your sleep. You should be paying attention to the boss mechanics and not worrying about what button to press next
    3) Keybinds - To each their own, but have your main abilities bound so you don't have to click makes a worlds difference
    Really?

I have a clean UI, I also know my rotation and I've everything i need bound to keys - I play casual as I have other priorities at home.

Deleted
    Time
    Situational Awareness
    Your class

Quote Originally Posted by basics View Post
    Time
    Situational Awareness
    Your class
    what??????

15+ Year Old Account
    it's all about TIME.

- For progression raiding you must be able to take some days off (you can read up at the recruitment section of method what they expect from endgame raiders)
    - The longer you play your character/spec the better you will get at it
    - You will need additional time for theory crafting in the beginning and personal testing in the end (hours of target dummy smashing and stuff like that)
    - You may need to invest additional time outside of the raids (LFR and valor farming and stuff like that)

There is many more I could count now but I think you got the meaning of it by now

good luck with your WoW career I hope it is worth the sacrifices you have to make.

Quote Originally Posted by Sqeen View Post
    it's all about TIME.

- For progression raiding you must be able to take some days off (you can read up at the recruitment section of method what they expect from endgame raiders)
    - The longer you play your character/spec the better you will get at it
    - You will need additional time for theory crafting in the beginning and personal testing in the end (hours of target dummy smashing and stuff like that)
    - You may need to invest additional time outside of the raids (LFR and valor farming and stuff like that)

There is many more I could count now but I think you got the meaning of it by now

good luck with your WoW career I hope it is worth the sacrifices you have to make.
    Wat. You can still be average at yoour class and in a world first / Top 10 guild. Majority of that shit is about time. The turnover for them is insane buncha cogs moving the wheels along.

You can be casual <16/12 hours week and still keep up with the best.

I'd assume the exxtra hour it takes to VP cap should be mandatory for all levels of players who raid above LFR or they deserve to have their loot d/ed imo. Hardly an ELITE choice there. Thats common courtesy to your raid team who likely does the same.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2013-08-29 at 12:35 PM.

I've raided with really bad raiders and some truly elite ones.

In TBC I was a noob and worked my through a couple of awful guilds before decided to become hardcore in terms of raiding. There are bad guilds out there that have good players in them for various reasons, even some really good even elite players, too. It comes down to what you want from raiding and WoW in general. At the beginning of Wotlk I transferred to a high pop server with a bunch of like-minded friends for a better raid experience.

Before going casual due to life reasons at the end of WotLK I was in a top 100 US guild. Some players from that guild eventually moved on to top 50 and even top 20 guilds, so I would consider them truly elite in regards to their output and results. The idea of being truly elite is a bit murky though. I've raided with people who ranked highly on logs but were lazy in dealing with fight mechanics, screwed around while farming and died to dumb things often while others maybe output 75% of what their skill could be but were always professional as hell out there and understood the fights and handled mechanics well.

Things I noticed in every REALLY "bad" player: poor intellect, dysfunction in the home(oh some stories I could tell), total inability to take criticism
    Things I noticed in every "bad" player: lack of effort, lack of awareness.
    Things I noticed in good/great players: effort put in, research done, aptitude to concentrate when it mattered,
    Things I noticed in elite players: high spatial awareness, extra level of research done, decent to high intellect

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    I am terrible at arena. Best PvEr.

It CAN translate but it doesn't have too. I've carried glads in raids who have no clue. This goes with Mione's suggestion to play a different more reaction oriented game to get better at WoW. But I wouldn't advocate PvP when someone can go play something they actually find FUN to get improve reaction time.

A boss isn't going to stunlock and CC the fuck out of you or sustained burst your ass off. So the two experiences barely go with eachother.
    It MAY be a good experience for a healer I suppose.

Because essentially at it's core. WoW PvP and WoW PvE are two ENTIRELY different games.

Highlighted a big one you hit. Basically folds into awareness though. Or knowledge
    ait im just sayin every raid / guild ive been in since tbc pvp'ers have been consistently better on healing / tanking / dps. (including me, no braggin').
    Im not saying there isnt good pve'ers who dont pvp.

Well in a time not so long ago, bosses did actually require you to do something else then nuke all the time.
    And they did stuff positional dots fx, stuns / fears w/e
    And sometimes (often) its good not to blow your dmg cd's off CD.
    Fx. Boss gets increased dmg, Cleave oppertunity arrives, Phase shift / boss mechanic incoming. Where you have to stop dps'ing for a couple of seconds.

But im sure you will become better at the game if you both do pvp / pve. I know i have, and friends have.
    People get better overview, better management of their cd's and abilities and as a result use them smarter.
    Cleave when you can, even focus stuff, fx redirect b4 target dies if you already has SnD, or soul swap w/e you get the idea.

And no WoW pvp & WoW PvE in its core, is not two ENTIRELY different games.
    They all require the abilities you have at your disposal.
    And they require positioning, overview, smart usage, awareness.
    If thats not pvp or pve i dont know what is.
    Last edited by Johnkie; 2013-08-29 at 12:54 PM.

Deleted
    Motivation.
    Preparation.
    Awareness.

Deleted
    Be a mathematician.
    Get a razer naga mouse & ahk.
    Be focused on your rotation, and assisted for everything else by add-on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ezola View Post
    Dedication
    Maximizing
    And fucking look at what is going on, on your screen..

Wow isnt rocket science..
    Yeah, it takes someone who cares and will do the research and time and effort into figuring out how to play to a high standard. Those paladins and raiders out there that just expect to be awesome by randomly pressing abilities and hoping for the best... well they aren't great.

You need to be motivated to succeed and then generally you will, because the game isn't super complex.
    Hi

Full class knowledge.

I've seen tons of logs on f.ex heroic megaera where palas never use divine protection in rampages, no vampiric embrace from priests and so on. This is one of the things that seperates casuals from erm average to middling.