Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ichifails View Post
    That. That there. Mainly because that's the attitude and they use "I have a life, nerd" as an excuse for not giving a fuck. It's a game where withing 20 minutes of research you can play any class you want at a good enough level to clear normal raids.

I have people in my guild earning 40k+ euros/month and they aren't happy with our limited raiding schedule. They want to push 10-16 hours of raids a day when we don't raid that much a week. Maybe if your job is so time consuming, it's your job that sucks .
    Its not that people cba to look up there class and be good at there class its the fact most people my age and people i know cant keep to hardcore raiding schedules and revolve there lives around a game.

Now of course there is exceptions to the rule i know hardcore raiders who work harder than me and still can fit in hard core progression but they are few and far between and certainly not what blizz can bank on for future financial stability.

Bottom line is the huge majority of the player base is casual and if you cant keep them entertained then you will soon be out of business and its as simple as that.

I hate bad players, those who afk throughout an complete wing of LFR, those who don't care to put any effort in to their gear when trying to join pugs and then whine when they don't get picked. I hate those players who fail to every possible mechanic out there, get killed and blame the healers.

There are good casuals and just bad players. I hate the bad players who don't even try to learn or try to be better, I don't hate casual players.

Quote Originally Posted by Combooticus View Post
    Its not that people cba to look up there class and be good at there class its the fact most people my age and people i know cant keep to hardcore raiding schedules and revolve there lives around a game.

Now of course there is exceptions to the rule i know hardcore raiders who work harder than me and still can fit in hard core progression but they are few and far between and certainly not what blizz can bank on for future financial stability.

Bottom line is the huge majority of the player base is casual and if you cant keep them entertained then you will soon be out of business and its as simple as that.
    Well the question was "Why hate on casuals?" and that's my reasoning. That attitude is toxic. The fact that there still are people that go like "LOL FUCKING NERD" if you do good DPS in LFR or if you have decent gear. The fact that people use "I go out with friends so I can't possible use a 2min CD 5 times during a 10+min fight; The best I can do is use it twice"(actually had someone that said that)... Yeah I can't stand that.

If you aren't giving 110% in everything you are doing, why are you even doing it? What's your purpose in life? How can you live with yourself if you aren't trying your best every moment?

I mean come on, I want to make a fucking 1:30min "vlog" saying that I will make guides for proving grounds/SoO ... English isn't my native language, I'm not really "the public speaker" type either so I've done it at least 400 times by now but I didn't like any of the takes. Why would upload something that doesn't even meet my already low quality standards? I simply won't and I'll re do it no matter how many times it takes until I find it "decent".

Quote Originally Posted by xXzCoDProxXz View Post
    I get it...you are the elitist you are alone , with lots of time to waste. Nothing to do.
    i wanted to post more constructively, but seeig how you start this thread i might as well not. you see, the problem with you casuals is that this is always your "excuse": time. but that's not true. i raid two times a week, for 4 hours each. this is mainly all my playtime in wow. i know a lot of "casuals" with WAY more playtime per week - yet they achieve nothing but leveling chars and pets with the occasional LFR runs in between.

even worse, you guys always demand that content will be nurfed because you do not have the will nor the endurance to strenghten your skills and tactics until you're able to defeat the content. no, you cry for nurfs until you're able to faceroll the instance.

ps:
    without "elitist" raiders this game would never have gotten big.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichifails View Post
    Well the question was "Why hate on casuals?" and that's my reasoning. That attitude is toxic. The fact that there still are people that go like "LOL FUCKING NERD" if you do good DPS in LFR or if you have decent gear. The fact that people use "I go out with friends so I can't possible use a 2min CD 5 times during a 10+min fight; The best I can do is use it twice"(actually had someone that said that)... Yeah I can't stand that.

If you aren't giving 110% in everything you are doing, why are you even doing it? What's your purpose in life? How can you live with yourself if you aren't trying your best every moment?

I mean come on, I want to make a fucking 1:30min "vlog" saying that I will make guides for proving grounds/SoO ... English isn't my native language, I'm not really "the public speaker" type either so I've done it at least 400 times by now but I didn't like any of the takes. Why would upload something that doesn't even meet my already low quality standards? I simply won't and I'll re do it no matter how many times it takes until I find it "decent".
    WoW is such a strange game in modern standards

If you wanna play a game nowadays you plug your gamebox into the wall group up and have fun but thats not the case with wow

With WoW its like a completely different kettle of fish

Wanna raid top guild on server? Fill out a form that would make filling out a form for Apple computers seem excessive
    Can you raid at this time? No? Well Gl finding a guild that can suit your needs
    Pug? HAHA No achievement No chance, also Ilvl expected for pug way above what you can possible expect to get without raiding
    Dead server shit out of luck better wait till you can use openraid

and so remind me why am i paying this company 15 dollars a month again?

That is why blizzard caters for the average smoe casual player

Quote Originally Posted by Kulestu View Post
    Nothing's wrong with casuals, but if you're a casual you have to stop expecting to be given everything. Don't expect hardcore-quality mounts, or hardcore-quality gear or even hardcore-quality art styling on your gear. Look back at Vanilla/BC/Wrath and what's changed since then. It began a bit in Wrath, with the different versions of hard to get gear, but exclusivity is gone. I have the same problem with transmog.
    Bad arguments are bad.

Most people don't ask for equal rewards for less effort. What they ask for is to not have to stop their character progression if they don't raid.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by brirrspliff View Post
    i wanted to post more constructively, but seeig how you start this thread ...
    I don't believe that for a second. As for the rest of your post, you couldn't be more wrong. Wow wasn't successful because of the hardcore players. It was successful because it has always been a game that is accessible to all kinds of players.

Also, two wrongs don't make a right. Just because OP handled the opening post badly doesn't mean people should do the same.

----
    Stating an opinion as fact does not make it fact. Opinions are not fact. So don't be stupid and make a fool of yourself by trying to pass off your opinion as fact.

Eh, casual is you play when you want.

I probably put just as many hours into WOW as a LFR hero as I did when I was "Hardcore raiding". What's changed? No one hits me up if I'm not online at 6:50pm, ready to raid, 4 specific nights a week, nor does anyone notice when I unsub for a month (all my RL friends quit).

Many casual players put just as many hours, or more, into WOW as the Hardcore's do. The main difference is how many fucks you give while playing, and if you want to manage your RL commitments around your WOW ones.

As a single guy, it was pretty easy. Married with Kids now, not so much....

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a "veteran" WoW player, I stopped playing before 5.1 (I had 110+ days at level 60 on my warrior in vanilla), now I came back last week (due to awesome 5.4 changes/love stuff). I went into LFR Throne of Thunder (why did I write Throne of Tides first time?heh) for the first time, without looking at any videos or reading NOTHING about boss strategy. I died once on last boss due to people running away from me when I had the debuff (the one that makes you explode).
    I mean, it's that easy really, atleast LFR.

I consider myself 'casual' because I do not raid normals or higher (mainly due to all the drama that comes with it), but I still play on average 6h a day.
    Others would consider me 'hardcore' I suppose?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakara View Post
    As a single guy, it was pretty easy. Married with Kids now, not so much....
    i think thats a major reason to incorporate flexi into normal & heroic, so a raid will scale depending on how many people are there. Those of us with RL commitments who cant be there every single raid, shouldn't feel so pressured. Why can't we have the best of both worlds. Able to raid in a guild, and juggle family/rl etc and not feel like we are letting down the team &/or wife/kids etc.

I hope that is the way the game goes. Best of both.
    Hi

Hate on casual is like biting the hand that feeds. Lets face it. Without the casual gamer there would be no game for the elite to play. Its that simple

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combooticus View Post
    Pug? HAHA No achievement No chance, also Ilvl expected for pug way above what you can possible expect to get without raiding
    Yes, if you want to pug a raid that drops ilvl 500 gear, you need AT LEAST 520ilvl on your char....

Quote Originally Posted by Greendog View Post
    Remember when there was no LFR, no LFD. Remember when you had to run to the instance. People behaved themselves back then, and if they didn't then word spread like wildfire across the server. What you have to remember OP is that if someone is shouting about how bad dps is or that they are in some way better than everyone else, chances are they are not the elite ones. Elite players don't even need to talk like that. Their skill speaks for itself.

What you met in LFR was just a prick. Not even elite. Probably spends a lot of his time playing but that does not make him "elite" in anyway shape or form. It makes him a very sad individual and you shouldn't be mad at him, you should feel bad for him.
    This.

I LOVE YOU/R INSIGHT <3

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greendog View Post
    Remember when there was no LFR, no LFD. Remember when you had to run to the instance. People behaved themselves back then, and if they didn't then word spread like wildfire across the server.
    I had my WoW Vanilla ruined for me because some douche spread lies about me in his guild, which was top guild in server, so everyone believed him...

It is not hate on the casual, it is a hate for general baddies, which is actually a normal thing to do. Please, don't try to tell me that you're not upset of idiots that are running through several thrash packs before Megaera leading them to raid, causing a raid to wipe. You know, every idiot like that is actually destroying a playtime of normal and casual people both. And I'm really sorry that Blizzard actually caters not for casuals, but for such general baddies, since they are making even more restrictions to vote-to-kick rules, so normal people won't be actually able to kick such idiots.
    You don't have to be a glassed nerd playing 24/7 to understand that standing in the fire is bad and if one of your trinkets procs you need to reapply your dots.
    Also, please stop assuming that every general baddie = casual, or vice versa. There are freaking tons of people who play at least for six hours per day, yet they achieve nothing; and lots of people who raid a couple of hours per week and still achieve a good progress.

I love how some "casuals" like the one who started this topic think that everyone who's good at WoW "spent so much TIME!" to become good at it. Honestly, you don't have to spend much time to do good dps and avoid being bad mechanically in bossfights. The reason "casuals" (the ones I talk about, so many definitions now) never improve isn't because they have too little time to invest, it's because they refuse to learn because they're too busy thinking they are naturally good compared to how much time they've invested in the game, yet they suck.

Quote Originally Posted by xXzCoDProxXz View Post
    Just had an idiot spewing his rage in LRF how badass he is at this game...and what the DPS were incompetent. I get it, he puts a lot of TIME into his character. That's great, but maybe some of us don't have the time, which we have to put into something else...shit, it would be better if he put all that time into studying something, just my thought
    I was in the... 3rd raid or 3rd LFR last night for the first time on my 4th 90 and there were people complaining. What they fail to realize is that by this point, most of the toons in there are people on their 3-8th+++ 90s. They are less skilled on them usually and a bit less caring on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Slappers View Post
    I love how some "casuals" like the one who started this topic think that everyone who's good at WoW "spent so much TIME!" to become good at it. Honestly, you don't have to spend much time to do good dps and avoid being bad mechanically in bossfights. The reason "casuals" (the ones I talk about, so many definitions now) never improve isn't because they have too little time to invest, it's because they refuse to learn because they're too busy thinking they are naturally good compared to how much time they've invested in the game, yet they suck.
    Right. I was "bad" dps on my fury warrior and I looked up the stat prio, rotation prio etc and was like ... huh... i've been fucking this up pretty well. Used the first 2 LFRs to "practice" and by the 3rd, i had tripled my DPS. (yeah, 26K up to almost 80 is still shit to some of you, but I'm only ilevel 474 on it so piss off, mate). How long did it take me to "learn" all of this? Well... 10 minutes at work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    Right. I was "bad" dps on my fury warrior and I looked up the stat prio, rotation prio etc and was like ... huh... i've been fucking this up pretty well. Used the first 2 LFRs to "practice" and by the 3rd, i had tripled my DPS. (yeah, 26K up to almost 80 is still shit to some of you, but I'm only ilevel 474 on it so piss off, mate). How long did it take me to "learn" all of this? Well... 10 minutes at work.
    that doesn't sound like a baddie though, its the mark of a good player to queue up for an lfr or sit on the dummies and try to work out how to imrpove their personal performance. Man i remember some REAL baddies who would perform so poorly you would swear they are afk if they weren't moving around.

Auto attack is the best dps amirite?
    Hi

There you go, OP. Decided to touch worms' nest?

Casuals are more than ever treated as second sort people in WoW now. This thread is one of many examples to that. "Don't bite the hand that's feeding you" principle starts showing itself as casuals keep quitting, and if there are some new kind of people coming in, it's usually such people, with whom you'd never ever want to group.

Quote Originally Posted by Alphadruid View Post
    Because casual players are destroying World of Warcraft by demanding bullshit like LFR and LFG.

Simple as that.
    And exactly how does LFR affect more serious players?