Thread: 5.4 Changes

Page 39 of 40 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    9/10 Arms is a joke. Should call it 2/3 because that's how low the skillcap is. It's like a 4 button rotation that requires little to no thought and it's even simpler next tier, hence why so much hate on it.
    It's great that you take the time to respond to tons of posts, and I do understand your frustration in devs are taking more notice to the other DPS spec but take the biased arms blasting down a notch won't you.

Quote Originally Posted by Strafir View Post
    It's great that you take the time to respond to tons of posts, and I do understand your frustration in devs are taking more notice to the other DPS spec but take the biased arms blasting down a notch won't you.
    Sorry, I'm cranky and tired. I'll apologize for being an ass, but not for bashing Arms, theres dozens of threads on this misconception already.
    Really it's better to bash it, common saying "the squeaky wheel gets the grease". I would be happy for arms to be in a place that it is both competitive and fun. Currently it is neither.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dahr View Post
    Seeing discussions about arms warriors being bad, I thought that the spec couldn't be that bad, so I tried it out and another warrior in my raid team did as well. I got drafted to tank the adds on Jikun HC as our regular add tank wasn't there, so I was prot, he stayed arms.He died about halfway through the fight on a nest and couldn't get ressed (for whatever reason) - finished the fight on about 57k dps.

He still got a rank with 57k dps.

Now don't get me wrong, Arms is in a bad place, but I can pull equal if not better DPS as arms rather than playing Fury. I'd say I'm about a 7 or 8/10 as Fury, and a Solid 9/10 as Arms in terms of skill level/rotation perfection. Literally the only thing I feel I can't do is get the hang of correct BR usage. Is that really enough to screw Fury's DPS to a point where Arms Warriors can outDPS them in the same gear?
    I am sorry, I am just not able to decifer your question. He ranked with 57k after dying because people don't play the spec.

More people would if it were:
    a. fun and slightly below fury
    b. not fun and above fury
    c. fury were less fun

Don't worry, next patch, they will have plenty of arms parses and you won't rank if you die. This is because of "B"

Deleted
    Edit: and primo trinket is garb, havent tested it with the RPPM change but I doubt it makes a difference, it's so unreliable, even for haste stacking classes (DKs), that you hardly ever see 5 stacks. That hurts Warriors who rely on xD alignment to maximize damage.
    Thanks on the input, one less boss where I have to use my remaining bonusrolls.

Someone made the bis list? I think the off piece is the Tusks of Mannoroth. And the trinkets, what do you think?

Deleted
    Few things:
    1) Jikun is a terrible fight to look at parses on, especially depending on what platforms your doing. I've never even gotten a nutrient buff due to the way we do that fight.
    2) Jikun is however, a cleave fight if you are on the nests alot, and thus Arms does get some extra benefit, though not nearly enough to outweigh what you should do as Fury.
    3) Guess I don't understand your statement, saying you do 57k as Fury on Jikun? What do you normally do as Fury, that you compete with/beat as Arms? I would have to take a look at your gear and logs but:
    4) If you are doing more dmg as Arms than Fury you are not playing anywhere near 7/10 as Fury. More like 4/10 or less.
    9/10 Arms is a joke. Should call it 2/3 because that's how low the skillcap is. It's like a 4 button rotation that requires little to no thought and it's even simpler next tier, hence why so much hate on it.
    1) Agreed horrible fight for anyone that isn't personally logging. Especially if they never get the buff.
    2) Also agreed, a decent SS uptime will help on the adds, and Fury's burst cleave will outweigh the SS damage.
    3)The try i'm referrring to was the other warrior in our raid. He died about halfway through the fight and couldn't get ressed, and so the log had him at 53k dps at the end of the fight, and yet he still managed to get a rank as arms. Point being that the spec has been pushed into the corner because of how much better Fury is on every single fight, and so even doing 53k dps can rank you, whereas if you were playing fury you'd probably need 200k dps+ to get a rank.
    4) I haven't played fury in 3-4 weeks now, especially seen as my best weapon is the HC Polearm from random boss drops. As soon as 5.4 hits I might swap back to fury and use the polearm + TF Uroe unless arms is close/on par to fury. If I manage to get lucky and get the 2h random Sword I'll give fury another bash though.

Will openly admit that Arms has one of the easiest, if not the easiest, rotations in the game, but as a person that likes decent aesthetics in a class as well as the damage, hitting someone in the face really hard with a 2h feels infinitely more fun than a brutal sounding ability (Bloodthirst) hitting like a wet noodle.

I've been doing most of the simcraft changes for warriors over the last few weeks. I needed a hobby and decided to learn c++, and having a project like that to practice with is a lot of fun.

That being said, I'd appreciate people looking over the profiles and the code behind the module. Ive made a lot of changes recently and things can fall between the cracks.

Notably, check sweeping strikes. I fixed a few things recently that didn't make it into the latest release, and it toned down sweeping strikes damage 10-15%. However, I haven't gotten the opportunity strike/sweeping strike interaction modeled 100%, right now its 80%.

It'd be nice if someone tested out sweeping strikes and arms mastery a little more. Specifically the interaction between the delay in sweeping strikes hitting a target (around one second) and if there is a limit to as/os proccing off each other as described here

https://code.google.com/p/simulation...detail?r=17374

Those were put in the download available on there.
    https://code.google.com/p/simulation...detail?r=17412

Those are the most recent changes.

Feel free to mess with the profiles and action list, if you find something that works better, let me know. Just try to keep it reasonable, there are a lot of minor optimizations that leads to 50ish DPs increases but require insane timing or watching buffs that you wouldn't normally watch.
    (Yes, I know storm bolt is best for fury single target. Just haven't added it in yet.)
    Eventually all t16h profiles will be upgraded 2/2.

forgotten, sadly. But I started to get used.

Deleted
    isn't fury getting any buffs?

Quote Originally Posted by kindomroll View Post
    Lol

/10char

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kindomroll View Post
    deep wounds buff.

So as far as gemming and reforging were there any changes made do we still go for crit just noticed alot of gear has haste and mastery i know now the best gem is crit or crit str so any word

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tcterror67 View Post
    So as far as gemming and reforging were there any changes made do we still go for crit just noticed alot of gear has haste and mastery i know now the best gem is crit or crit str so any word
    Well the crit damage trinket has been toned down a good bit. So it's *possible* at some gear level mastery will become > than crit. But I am somewhat doubting it.

I'm at work.. Did they make any change in the last maintainence ?

Deleted
    Best in Slot List for NHC and Heroic available?

Head - Helmet of the Prehistoric Marauder - Thok the Bloodthisty
    Neck - Malkorok's Tainted Dog Tags - Malkorok
    Shoulders - Tusks of Mannoroth - Garrosh Hellscream
    Cape - Gong-Lu, Strength of Xuen - Legendary Questline
    Chest - Chestplate of Congealed Corrosion - Immerseus
    Hands - Bracers of Blind Hatred - Norushen
    Wrist - Tarcoated Gauntlets - Iron Juggernaut
    Waist - Ashen Wall Girdle - Kor'kron Dark Shamans
    Legs - Legplates of the Prehistoric Marauder - Paragons of the Klaxxi
    Feet - Wolf-Rider Spurs - Kor'kron Dark Shamans
    Ring 1 - Devilfang Band - Thok the Bloodthirsty
    Ring 2 - Seal of the Forgotten Kings - Spoils of Pandaria
    Trinket 1 - Skeer's Bloodsoaked Talisman - Paragons of the Klaxxi
    Trinket 2 - Thok's Tail Tip - Thok the Bloodthirsty
    Weapon - Greatsword of Pride's Fall - Sha of Pride

Head - Helmet of the Prehistoric Marauder - Thok the Bloodthisty
    Neck - Malkorok's Tainted Dog Tags - Malkorok
    Shoulders - Tusks of Mannoroth - Garrosh Hellscream
    Cape - Gong-Lu, Strength of Xuen - Legendary Questline
    Chest - Battleplate of the Prehistoric Marauder - Sha of Pride
    Hands - Gauntlets of the Prehistoric Marauder - General Nazgrim
    Wrist - Tarcoated Gauntlets - Iron Juggernaut
    Waist - Ashen Wall Girdle - Kor'kron Dark Shamans
    Legs - Legplates of the Prehistoric Marauder - Paragons of the Klaxxi
    Feet - Wolf-Rider Spurs - Kor'kron Dark Shamans
    Ring 1 - Devilfang Band - Thok the Bloodthirsty
    Ring 2 - Seal of the Forgotten Kings - Spoils of Pandaria
    Trinket 1 - Evil Eye of Galakras - Galakras
    Trinket 2 - Thok's Tail Tip - Thok the Bloodthirsty
    Weapon 1 (SMF) - Malkorok's Skullcleaver - Malkorok
    Weapon 2 (SMF) - Malkorok's Skullcleaver - Malkorok
    Weapon 1 (TG) - Xal'atoh, Desecrated Image of Gorehowl - Garrosh Hellscream
    Weapon 2 (TG) - Xal'atoh, Desecrated Image of Gorehowl - Garrosh Hellscream

The SMF/TG boots differ. I forget on what, too lazy to look it up.

Does anyone have math on the initial gain for a warrior from Thok's?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehillim View Post
    Does anyone have math on the initial gain for a warrior from Thok's?
    Shamefully stolen from Collision's WoW forum thread, posted by Orczz.

So, using Collision''s Sims (assuming TG/SMF are the same), for single target at least. The numbers on the right indicate the increase/decrease in DPS from heroic feather (for progression purposes)--

1. Evil Eye H-TF 14753
    2. Thoks Tail H-TF 14376
    3. Evil Eye H 12800
    4. Thok's Tail H 12422
    5. Evil Eye N-TF 10704
    6. Thok's Tail N-TF 10177
    7. Thok's Tail N 8930
    8. Evil Eye N 8766
    9. Skeer's H-TF 5247
    10. Skeer's H 3974
    11. Skeer's N-TF 2320
    12. Skeer's N 1602
    13. Primo Talisman H-TF 1483
    14. Fabled Feather H-TF 0
    15. Gaze of Twins H-TF -190
    16. Fusion Core H-TF -5734
    17. Fusion Core H -6502
    18. Fusion Core N-TF -7074
    19. Fusion Core N -9490

Can some kind soul link me the post where (I think it was warriorsarri) listed out fight by fight which is better arms vs fury for 5.4 bosses? Thanks!