Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

When did Garrosh became this evil?

So i'm lvl'ing a blood elf atm and just finished the Stonetalon questline, and I'm wandering does blizzard have just very bad character development or did I miss something?

This is the dialogue after you drop the bomb on some druid base:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4RTB5LxJ0U
    Can someone explain to me how he became from this crude but honorable warchief to this?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slzQOyS5TqQ

Blizzard pretty much stated that he is not corrupted or influenced in any case so wtf?
    Last edited by Taqaroph; 2013-08-29 at 06:21 PM.

Deleted
    I don't really think he's evil. Which is what's so brilliant about the storyline.

He's just trying to do what's best for his people, and has gotten misguided somewhere.

Garrosh was never honorable

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Desperate times call for desperate measures

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Harmonious View Post
    He's just trying to do what's best for his people, and has gotten misguided somewhere.
    same story with Arthas and Kael, and maybe a lil with Illidian
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't really think he's evil. Which is what's so brilliant about the storyline.

Pretty sure in the 5.4 trailer he's just plain evil.

What people? the entire horde is in civil war against him? exept for his personal Kor'kron

September 25th, 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Taqaroph View Post
    What people? the entire horde is in civil war against him? exept for his personal Kor'kron
    His people being the Orcs, the vast majority of whom agree with his mentality and methods.

10+ Year Old Account
    He was wearing his Cape of Hiding Evilness all along... until he lost it.

Deleted
    So i'm lvl'ing a blood elf atm and just finished the Stonetalon questline, and I'm wandering does blizzard have just very bad character development of all time or did I miss something?

This is the dialogue after you drop the bomb on some druid base:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4RTB5LxJ0U
    Can someone explain to me how he became from this crude but honorable warchief to this?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slzQOyS5TqQ

My only explanation is is that he is corrupted but blizzard pretty much stated that this isn't the case so wtf?
    There was a recent lore interview which gave a decent answer to that question. Basically what you refer is just an instance of Garrosh displaying honorable ethics rather than a display of him being a firm believer in them. The trajectory of the character is that of a sad little orc crushed by the weight of the legacy of his father only to be offered a second chance as it were by Thrall in Nagrand who empowers him, but with each success Garrosh achieves he gets a little more power hungry and a little more absolute in his beliefs about the Horde. Basically the Stonetalon Garrosh is an anomaly and was never the rule. Garrosh was only ever "corrupted" by himself.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarchor View Post
    All hail Warsong, is what I've to say to that.
    'Lok'tar Ogar Big Brother, May the Warsong never fade'

- - - Updated - - -

What people? the entire horde is in civil war against him?
    one of the reasons why he desired war was to conquer lands to garner greater resrouces and prosperity for the Horde, if that was only possible through Alliance blood he didnt give a fuck
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Editos View Post
    Garrosh was never honorable

Garrosh is one of the most flippity floppity characters in the game. From depressed, to war monger, to an honorable warchief, to whatever the hell he is now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imadraenei View Post
    You can find that unbiased view somewhere between Atlantis and that unicorn farm down the street, just off Interstate √(-1).

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxi View Post
    Garrosh is one of the most flippity floppity characters in the game. From depressed, to war monger, to an honorable warchief, to whatever the hell he is now.

Sounds like a Clown to me

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaxi View Post
    Does not mean it happened for very little or valid reasons

For example going from depressed to full of eagerness and bravado makes perfect sense.
    Garrosh is a Hellscream it is in his blood to be agressive and headstrong, the only reason he wsnt because he was weighed down by the deeds of his father. So once Thrall relives him of that burden guess whats left?
    Last edited by Dreknar20; 2013-08-29 at 06:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heldamon View Post
    Sounds like a Clown to me
    Or poor character development.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    Does not mean it happened for very little or valid reasons
    I don't think so either. I'd rather they didn't cave in to players complaining and just followed through with their story.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imadraenei View Post
    You can find that unbiased view somewhere between Atlantis and that unicorn farm down the street, just off Interstate √(-1).

Yeah, he doesn't flip flop as much as people think. It's been progressive with desperation and frustration of failure pushing him further and further.

I think Garrosh's entire plot is summed up as "Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely."

Or as Kosak recently said.......the druids weren't combatants......waste of a good bomb.

When he sent the horde player on a suicide mission in Borean Tundra.

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    Or as Kosak recently said.......the druids weren't combatants......waste of a good bomb.
    Yep. Plus it became 'public'. Even Garrosh cares (or cared) about PR!

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchor View Post
    The most important thing that this expansion teaches us is that the Horde is superiour to the Alliance military-wise, or at least the Warsong are.

Just think of it. Everyone shitting their pants because Warsong kicked everyone's asses on Pandaria and even managed to conquer the Vale? If the Horde hadn't turned on itself the Alliance would've been defeated and everyone would've ended up impaled on the docks of Stormwind apparently.

All hail Warsong, is what I've to say to that.
    Well, the Warsong is indeed amazing (military speaking).

They always were, under the leadership of Grom. And as I said before, it takes the entire horde + Alliance to take Garrosh and his ''True Horde'' down.
    That's quite a feat, specially considering that Orcs aren't that numerous.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    I think Garrosh's entire plot is summed up as "Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely."
    Such a shame......
    The son of mutherfuckin Grommash Hellscream could have so much more......

Quote Originally Posted by madrox View Post
    There was a recent lore interview which gave a decent answer to that question. Basically what you refer is just an instance of Garrosh displaying honorable ethics rather than a display of him being a firm believer in them. The trajectory of the character is that of a sad little orc crushed by the weight of the legacy of his father only to be offered a second chance as it were by Thrall in Nagrand who empowers him, but with each success Garrosh achieves he gets a little more power hungry and a little more absolute in his beliefs about the Horde. Basically the Stonetalon Garrosh is an anomaly and was never the rule. Garrosh was only ever "corrupted" by himself.
    Garrosh wanted to rule the World since he stepped into Orgrimmar, altough "indirectly".

He never came out and said to himself "I want to rule the World", but rather he wanted to get the Lands that the Orcs deserve in his view.

Garrosh wanted Ashenvale for the Orcs to live, but since the Night elves have issues with that, he needs to put them out of the way, and since those Night elves have allies, they will have to go as well.

At it's core, it was much more of a chain reaction, Garrosh wanted Lands for the Orcs that the Night elves hold which dragged the entire Alliance into the conflict which pretty much decided who would rule Azeroth.

The only thing i am interested in, when did Garrosh turned into a racist douche, he never liked Trolls that's no secret but this whole "True Horde" stuff, even in MoP he saw the other races as still useful to the Horde, as seen by the Pandaren Horde intro and even wanted a create a destiny for the Races that stand with the Orcs.

"I will stop at nothing - NOTHING - to ensure a proud and glorious future for the orcs and anyone with the courage to stand with us."

I mean the lack of loyalty is one thing, but this True Horde stuff isn't just "Race X/Y/Z isn't loyal", it's straight you're an Orc or you're worthless.