Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

How does Prince Malchezaar wind up with Gorehowl?

I have searched for the reason on Wowiki but the only result i can find is "Gorehowl somehow wound up in the hands of Prince Malchezaar after Grom's death."

quote taken from http://www.wowwiki.com/Gorehowl

Quote Originally Posted by Yemi View Post

I have searched for the reason on Wowiki but the only result i can find is "Gorehowl somehow wound up in the hands of Prince Malchezaar after Grom's death."

Because all realities, all dimensions are open to him.

A wizard did it.

I personally think they had another Caverns of Time raid in mind at some point but wound up scrapping it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Because all realities, all dimensions are open to him.
    He commands legions. I'm sure someone picked it up for him.

10+ Year Old Account
    ebay, thats how Thrall built org.

"Humility defeats pride, Master Yang has preached. Pride defeats man"

Don't think it did lore wise. Just a gameplay thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Was lost in Demonfall canyon after Mannoroth's death and secreted away by demonic agents to Malchezzar.

Maybe.

Or maybe the Gorehowl that Malchezaar possesses came from Garrosh in the future! =O

Lore in TBC didn't seem to matter a lot in certain areas so there really is no explanation for that.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    I believe Malchezaar obtained Gorehowl by finding it in another dimension, one possibly conquered by the legion.

Seeing as Kharazan was a nexus that could be manipulated to visit alternate realities, I think it is possible Malcheazar had found a universe completely conquered by the Burning legion, whether the events of WCIII or previous titles never happened in that reality is debatable, but the end result was a legion controlled Azeroth.

And in that reality, the Axe of Grom Hellscream layed in the hands of Legion Minions, underlings that Malchezaar could have commanded to relinquish the weapon to him as his personal trinket.

Thats my theory.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

Deleted
    Interesting thread on wow forums, worth a read :

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8507890789

The same reason Melchezaar is up there in the first place: just because.

It was BC, they didn't care about that stuff. Hell, half the raids didn't have a point or purpose to them. Blizzard cared so little about it they forgot to come up with a reason why we went back in time to Mt. Hyjal.

I haven't been able to dig up the blue post from a few years back (seeing as Google is flooded with results pertaining to the Gorehowl error in the 5.4 trailer), but it's been stated that the weapon was in Kara for no specific reason and that they consider making it available to players a mistake.

But, hey. Keep writin' that fan fiction.
    Last edited by Salted Beef; 2013-08-30 at 03:29 AM.

Deleted
    Guess this is a question for Blizzcon Q&A!

He found it on the BMAH.
    Garrosh: "LOK'TAR! HAVE A HAMBURGER."

I am The Burning Legion - Play Free Online Games

If Malchezzar kills Garrosh at the end of SoO I'd shit. Karazhan is supposedly a different dimension or time, could it have been post SoO?

Interestingly, time walkers are also a part of 5.4.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    If Malchezzar kills Garrosh at the end of SoO I'd shit. Karazhan is supposedly a different dimension or time, could it have been post SoO?

I would flip a fuckin table and give them all my money.

Quote Originally Posted by Yemi View Post

If you are looking from lore standpoint/point of view the most simple answer is the correct one and that is that demons picked the axe up after the events of Grom facing Mannoroth and gave it to demon in charge (Malchezzar) who kept it over the years prob because of curiousity(axe that penetrated Mannoroths chest plate)

If you are looking directly from Blizzard point of view, its called a retcon. Basicly for The Burning Crusade expansion Blizzard did a HUGE amount of lore retcon just so they could fit some "interesting" raids, characters or items so players could find or experience them.

Example how Eredar and Draenei lore got butchered (retconed), how Blood Elves who were near extinction suddenly multiplied in milions over night and swarmed both Azeroth and Outland over short amount of time, Illidan being alive (he was the carrot on a stick tbh) and many others

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post

Oh man, this would be such a perfect ending AND set the stage for a legion expansion. The whole "Garrosh going hitler on azeroth" to divide the entire planet even more and weaken it.

I'm throwing money at the screen but nothing is happening.

Quote Originally Posted by teddytous View Post
    Don't think it did lore wise. Just a gameplay thing.
    Gonna go with this.