Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    If Malchezzar kills Garrosh at the end of SoO I'd shit. Karazhan is supposedly a different dimension or time, could it have been post SoO?

Interestingly, time walkers are also a part of 5.4.
    You know what would be even more delicious and go well with the "time being all sorts of screwed up"?

Garrosh is killed, Varian takes Gorehowl as a trophy. He then hands it to a draenei NPC named Malchezaar to hold while he handles other issues. Queue head-explosion. Whose to say that Draenei now cannot be drawn to the legion and turned into their more demonic brethren?

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Was lost in Demonfall canyon after Mannoroth's death and secreted away by demonic agents to Malchezzar.

Maybe.
    That sounds the most plausible. I vote this as canon.
    "Let's see. There are monkeys that evolved into men and monkeys that didn't. Just as well, there are men that remained men and men that evolved into something else. Do you really think humans are the ultimate form of evolution? How arrogant."
    --Kakurine, Evil Zone for PS1

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosWolf View Post
    That sounds the most plausible. I vote this as canon.
    Then how did Thrall/Garrosh get Gorehowl?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Then how did Thrall/Garrosh get Gorehowl?
    The option is there to retcon who killed Malchezaar. They did it with Onyxia, the players never killed her, Varian did. So, there's no reason Thrall couldn't be the one to have gone in and killed Malchezaar to recover Gorehowl for Garrosh.

This is all I could get from one of Blizzard's lore guys:

Q: Can you say if Prince Malchezzar having Gorehowl is cannon or not?
    A: I'm afraid I can't say. It might be addressed in the future, but as of right now the question must remain unanswered.
    In other words there is no actual lore reason and it probably isn't cannon, but they may work it into lore at some point.

10+ Year Old Account
    He and Jaraxxus conspired to steal it early on.

Real answer: Because blizz thought it'd be cool.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought the Dark Rider's of Deadwind Pass collected magical artifacts from all over the world, so they found Gorehowl and brought it to Malchezar.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    He and Jaraxxus conspired to steal it early on.

Real answer: Because blizz thought it'd be cool.
    Then Mannoroth's spirit found it and sold it on Twisting Netherebay
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by R0ninX3ph View Post
    The option is there to retcon who killed Malchezaar. They did it with Onyxia, the players never killed her, Varian did. So, there's no reason Thrall couldn't be the one to have gone in and killed Malchezaar to recover Gorehowl for Garrosh.
    There is no lore connecting Thrall to Kara other than a random demon has Gorehowl which he shouldn't. There is nothing connecting, where Varian did connect to Onyxia's Lair.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    A wizard did it.

I personally think they had another Caverns of Time raid in mind at some point but wound up scrapping it.
    I opened this thread thinking "If the 2nd post isn't 'Because a wizard did it' I will be disappoint"... Regardless I'm not disappoint
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Let's just say it's not canon.

I mean, Malchezaar and all of Karazhan barely makes sense to begin with.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

This wouldn't surprise me.

However I want to point out it was something on his loot table not ever actually wielded by Malchezaar in battle with Azerothian heroes. Could of been something like "oh hey guys, wouldn't this be cool. Lets give the one boss in Kara a weapon used by Grom. Players will crap pineapples sideways over it, loltrolorofl"
    Vote with your wallet if you don't like something. Otherwise just keep your mouth shut.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    If Malchezzar kills Garrosh at the end of SoO I'd shit. Karazhan is supposedly a different dimension or time, could it have been post SoO?

Interestingly, time walkers are also a part of 5.4.
    This would be interesting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Malchzaar was tired a few years ago of being killed on a weekly basis. He went into the future, got gorehowl from garrosh because it had a sick Ilvl, went back in time... realized it would reset its ilvl dem feels, he kept it any way... so when he got owned again he dropped it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zeekphreak View Post
    This wouldn't surprise me.
    Except Malchezaar is pretty much a nobody. He's got no back story... we don't even know why he's hanging out in Karazhan. Onyxia, on the other hand, was a major Vanilla WoW story point.

However I want to point out it was something on his loot table not ever actually wielded by Malchezaar in battle with Azerothian heroes. Could of been something like "oh hey guys, wouldn't this be cool. Lets give the one boss in Kara a weapon used by Grom. Players will crap pineapples sideways over it, loltrolorofl"
    I'm more inclined to believe this is the reason.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2013-08-30 at 03:34 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    There is no lore connecting Thrall to Kara other than a random demon has Gorehowl which he shouldn't. There is nothing connecting, where Varian did connect to Onyxia's Lair.
    So glad you clearly understood the implied "they could create the lore to do it". Before the comics, there was no lore to state that Varian had killed Onyxia. Only when the comic detailing his life came to be was there lore to support it. The implied part of my post, which you missed, was they could create the lore to state that Thrall killed Malchezaar and not the players, just like they did with Varian.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    He doesn't.

/thread
    Yep. Lorewise he hasn't got it. Blizz just added it in for something cool looking that is all.
    Aye mate

So glad you clearly understood the implied "they could create the lore to do it". Before the comics, there was no lore to state that Varian had killed Onyxia. Only when the comic detailing his life came to be was there lore to support it. The implied part of my post, which you missed, was they could create the lore to state that Thrall killed Malchezaar and not the players, just like they did with Varian.
    I don't think he missed it at all tbh. Really, making lore for it would feel incredibly forced unlike Varian + Ony.

Thrall has zero connection to Kara or Prince Malchezaar.

Ony was connected to Stormwind (basically manipulating the crap out of people), which means it makes some sense that Varian might get involved. Seeing as how he's the king and all.

That being said, I don't agree with the fact that they made it so Varian killed ony instead of the players. So, you're right in that they could do something like that. But it seems much more forced and silly from a lore perspective.

10+ Year Old Account
    PRINCE MALCHEZAAR DOES NOT HAVE GOREHOWL. End of the thread.
    Aye mate