Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    It all depends what you're playing, I guess.

Alliance racials are amazing when it comes to tanking. Stoneform, passive dodge, extra hit/exp that can be used for defensive stats, etc.

I'm not exactly sure it makes such a huge difference anyway.

You guys need to ask yourselves a question here:
    "Am I in Paragon/Method/etc?" If the answer is "No", then you do NOT need racials to make a difference. You're not a part of bleeding edge competition and you're not gonna get world first. So the miniscule advantage you gain with a racial has no effect on your gameplay whatsoever. If your guild wipes and can't get through a heroic boss it just means you're not good enough yet. Not because you didn't have an orc/troll/whatever in your raid. Face the facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninji
    "lets loose quik" is the only alliance pride I am aware of

Quote Originally Posted by Fluorescent0 View Post
    People underestimate what world first guilds do. We did the first six bosses with the same or lower item level than Method, because we didn't do multiple altruns to funnel gear into our mains, even though our jikun kill happened two to three weeks after theirs. If you don't believe me go check wowprogress. I'd argue that having the racials helps more guilds than just the few competing for world first.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cariboulou View Post
    "Am I in Paragon/Method/etc?" If the answer is "No", then you do NOT need racials to make a difference. You're not a part of bleeding edge competition and you're not gonna get world first. So the miniscule advantage you gain with a racial has no effect on your gameplay whatsoever. If your guild wipes and can't get through a heroic boss it just means you're not good enough yet. Not because you didn't have an orc/troll/whatever in your raid. Face the facts.
    Why won't people read the whole thread before replying. We already stated that it's an issue for at least fifty 25man guilds, which probably includes a good fifty or so 10mans. That's 50 times more than your 2-guilds demographic.
    Fluorescent - Fluo - currently retired, playing other stuff

i5-4670k @ 4.5 / Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme / Gigabyte Z87X-D3H / 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM / Gigabyte GTX 760

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asheriah View Post
    It all depends what you're playing, I guess.

Alliance racials are amazing when it comes to tanking. Stoneform, passive dodge, extra hit/exp that can be used for defensive stats, etc.

I'm not exactly sure it makes such a huge difference anyway.
    Tank racials hardly matter when our tank sits down on many fights in order to get more vengeance and is quite often the highest DPS in the raid. This magnifies the importance of DPS racials and other items like the DPS legendary meta gem, which every tank takes.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluorescent0 View Post
    Why won't people read the whole thread before replying. We already stated that it's an issue for at least fifty 25man guilds, which probably includes a good fifty or so 10mans. That's 50 times more than your 2-guilds demographic.
    It's an issue because you make it an issue. 50 guilds out of how many thousand that are raiding? My two-guild demographic was an example which still stands true. If you're not a part of the world first competition, then who the hell cares if you kill a boss some seconds/minute later than the fastest kill? And if you can't kill the boss at all, then it's because your group isn't good enough for it yet. Remember how shitty gear the people who got world first had? Compare that with yours now. If you can't kill it with several item levels more then tough luck. Don't blame the racials.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninji
    "lets loose quik" is the only alliance pride I am aware of

It's an issue because you make it an issue. 50 guilds out of how many thousand that are raiding? My two-guild demographic was an example which still stands true. If you're not a part of the world first competition, then who the hell cares if you kill a boss some seconds/minute later than the fastest kill? And if you can't kill the boss at all, then it's because your group isn't good enough for it yet. Remember how shitty gear the people who got world first had? Compare that with yours now. If you can't kill it with several item levels more then tough luck. Don't blame the racials.
    You didn't read the part about having less to equal itemlevel or you chose to ignore it on purpose? Granted, none of the first six bosses were difficult this time around so it probably didn't matter. I'm in no way trying to compare my guild to the top ones, but we still compete againist other guilds and I can't see how that wouldn't make a difference.

i5-4670k @ 4.5 / Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme / Gigabyte Z87X-D3H / 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM / Gigabyte GTX 760

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I care because the raiding population is now heavily skewed in favor of Horde. It's not just the top 50 guilds, but more like the top 300, and that applies to players like me. I cannot successfully cross-realm recruit, group with my RealID friends, or get pretty ranks on WoL anymore. It's a balance...you tip the scales, it starts tipping more/faster. That trickles down and affects more people than you think.
    Last edited by kidsafe; 2013-08-30 at 11:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Inthislzon View Post
    So... you prefer having beastslaying?

Fine, i'll take your paladins and shamans so you can get more trolls. Hopefully your extra DPS makes up for the fact that now you are 2-tanking everything (no bop remember?)

Oh, and you are also 3-healing H:25 ToT. You need 2 tanks, 20 DPS so a 5% each gives you another extra DPS and that leaves you 3 spots for healers.

Please link me your logs of heroic megaera being 2 tanked and 3 healed on 25. I'll wait.

EDIT: Also while you are at it get logs from primordius, animus, leishen and raden.
    You realise I did say "almost"? Specifically in a normal comp with, say, 2 tanks, 6 healers and 17 DPS, you'd gain 85% of another DPS by having everyone faction change to get beastslaying, minus however many DPS paladins you run. That's ignoring the benefits of other racials, since troll racials aside from beastslaying are more than competitive, which is just another part of how silly it is. Even if you completely removed beastslaying, troll would still be a good race. So yeah, not exactly an extra raider, but close, as I said.

If you really think "WELL YOU WOULDN'T GET BOP IF EVERYONE WAS A TROLL AND IT'S ONLY 85% OF AN EXTRA PERSON!" is a good counter-argument... well, I'm not sure what to say. 5% increased damage is huge. It is a massively overpowered racial, almost worth an extra raider if everyone picks it up on a beast boss. What other racial comes anywhere near that benefit?

Quote Originally Posted by Gondlem View Post
    If you really think "WELL YOU WOULDN'T GET BOP IF EVERYONE WAS A TROLL AND IT'S ONLY 85% OF AN EXTRA PERSON!" is a good counter-argument... well, I'm not sure what to say. 5% increased damage is huge. It is a massively overpowered racial.
    You can, have that holy paladin go blood elf for the mana regen, it doesn't impact your dps.

Easy solution. Remove all damage increase racials and change them to utility.

As I said earlier, the troll racial in particular effects 2 25 man alliance guilds and 1 10 man alliance guild. Unless you are part of those 3 guilds then the racial doesn't even matter.

HAHAHAHHAH HORDE racials are Overpowered... That's precious... I'll bookmark this thread on the "jokes" section....

Alliance and their incessant whining to cyberbully Blizzard in making the game unbalanced to THEIR favor...

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by warlocx View Post
    Easy solution. Remove all damage increase racials and change them to utility.
    The damage has been done...Most of the good raiders are now Horde and it will likely stay that way. Even if DPS racials disappear, you will still see people switching from Alliance to Horde because the recruitment pool is better and because they are likely to have a lot more Horde RealID friends. The real solution would be to allow cross-faction PVE activity and somehow retain faction based PVP.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    As I said earlier, the troll racial in particular effects 2 25 man alliance guilds and 1 10 man alliance guild. Unless you are part of those 3 guilds then the racial doesn't even matter.
    Hilariously narrow-minded.

See this thread: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...4925251?page=1

It affects anyone who raids at a high level because the quality of alliance raiding is in MASSIVE decline.

this a 1000 times. even playing the "FOTM" spec is completely irrelevant for most people. just play what you want and don't be a baddy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Buu View Post
    HAHAHAHHAH HORDE racials are Overpowered... That's precious... I'll bookmark this thread on the "jokes" section....

Alliance and their incessant whining to cyberbully Blizzard in making the game unbalanced to THEIR favor...
    They are in PvE. Even Undead got that shiny new PvE Racial since they only had PvP stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    Which guilds, and why only those ones?

Deleted
    horde racials are good in pve while alliance racials are good in pvp that's fair enough.
    and it's not like your raid is gonna need racials to kill a boss, or else is a bad raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninaran View Post
    They are in PvE. Even Undead got that shiny new PvE Racial since they only had PvP stuff.
    So, lemme understand... Alliance wants to have stronger racials than the Horde both in PvP and PvE? Seems legit.

Deleted
    wow, still people caring for racials ? it really doesnt touch you if you dont compete for the top ranks. and if you do, you wont be that roleplay fixated so that you want to be something else. If my shaman could go bloodelf, I would gladly abandone my orc. and I only play orc because trolls and tauren only have 3 fingers which is really really disgusting mutational awkward meh stuff for me. I would love to play alliance if my guild wouldnt be horde.

Quote Originally Posted by josykay View Post
    Horde were the underdogs in PvE long enough. Now their racials are a little bit better. No big deal.

Remember the time when Alliance got blessings, which were better than totems (including Blessing of Kings and Blessing of Salvation, while Horde got nothing like that until 1.09, but even then their aggro reducing totem was 33% weaker compared to paladin blessing),
    Wind Fury Totem > Paladin blessings.. ask any melee

ps: all ranged sucked back then
    Last edited by wowaccounttom; 2013-08-30 at 11:21 AM.