Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondlem View Post
    Which guilds, and why only those ones?
    Midwinter, Scrubbusters and that 10 man alliance guild. Why? They're the only 25 man guilds competing for top 5~ on a frequent basis. Is this a narrow minded view? Perhaps, but guilds who take 2 months to get to Thok and then can't kill Thok are not being held back by horde racials. For the record I think Thok should be changed. If it was Immerseus or something people wouldn't care, but Thok is very deep into the raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Marston View Post
    Remember back in the day, when there was that one giant blob in AQ 40 where suddenly horde was at an advantage, because of the poison which Shamans could cleanse so much better?
    And then do you remember the many other fights, were Alliance had an advantage because of Fear Warding Dwarven Priests?

I honestly think THAT was much worse then what we have now.
    You are completeley correct, BUT this was dealt with, while racials are STILL imbalanced even after about 7 years of crying about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Eike View Post
    horde racials are good in pve while alliance racials are good in pvp that's fair enough.
    and it's not like your raid is gonna need racials to kill a boss, or else is a bad raid.
    It was that way. Now that pve trinkets are basically being repeatedly nerfed in pvp to make sure they aren't viable, most top pvpers have switched to horde.
    Fluorescent - Fluo - currently retired, playing other stuff

i5-4670k @ 4.5 / Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme / Gigabyte Z87X-D3H / 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM / Gigabyte GTX 760

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kidsafe View Post
    Tank racials hardly matter when our tank sits down on many fights in order to get more vengeance and is quite often the highest DPS in the raid. This magnifies the importance of DPS racials and other items like the DPS legendary meta gem, which every tank takes.
    You don't do that much in 25-man, because of how damage can get pretty insane on the tank.

Also, solo-tanking is probably gonna be less attractive in 5.4. because of how vengeance got reworked and how it isn't possible to clear debuffs with divine shield/HoP anymore.

Dps meta gem also gets nerfed for tanks.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asheriah View Post
    You don't do that much in 25-man, because of how damage can get pretty insane on the tank.

Also, solo-tanking is probably gonna be less attractive in 5.4. because of how vengeance got reworked and how it isn't possible to clear debuffs with divine shield/HoP anymore.

Dps meta gem also gets nerfed for tanks.
    Yep, I know all of that is coming, and it still doesn't change the fact that DPS racials are better for tanking in hardcore raiding guilds.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know he is just trolling but honestly when something like racial of specific race determines the race you will chose to get that slightly advantage over others, you should give a break for the game...

Ever tought that slightly advantage in pve can be goner just because somenone have better net/computer/happens to press button before you do/simply better luck (critting alot/procs) etc etc etc.

For pvp side I understand that it can be fustrating when UD DK gets out of fears all the time or troll elemental shaman with herb can cast lighting bolts with 0.7sec cast time. Or Humans having extra stats just because of their racial.
    Yet still YOU can outplay them by knowing their racials.

I know that UD rogue just used his cloak of shadows and still have will of forsaken rdy so I will fear him and instantly cast chaosbolt to him because he will waste his trinket or forsaken to try avoid high dmg. When he does that /stopcasting /cast Howl of Terror and pop CDs for new Chaosbolt.

Simple as that.

I was sad when they made everything to be just same mass. Shamans for horde palas for Alliance priests racials BL for shammys only and so on.
    I know it was unbalancing the game and making some classes to be more usefull for pve than others.

However in the end only thing that mattered really was that you had to be good and active in pve side.
    In pvp side simply stop that useless whining and practice to be better and better. Damn humns are so fucking selfish and lazy... Cant success in something where someone else is succesfull isntantly makes it to be devs fault of broken game.

Just wondering how much better wow would be today if people would have keep shut their jabbingholes and practice to be part of the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Ihazpaws View Post
    Yet still YOU can outplay them by knowing their racials.
    This is the key phrase. Why should outplaying be needed? Why shouldn't two players, given equal skill, perform equally?

i5-4670k @ 4.5 / Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme / Gigabyte Z87X-D3H / 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM / Gigabyte GTX 760

Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    Midwinter, Scrubbusters and that 10 man alliance guild. Why? They're the only 25 man guilds competing for top 5~ on a frequent basis. Is this a narrow minded view? Perhaps, but guilds who take 2 months to get to Thok and then can't kill Thok are not being held back by horde racials. For the record I think Thok should be changed. If it was Immerseus or something people wouldn't care, but Thok is very deep into the raid.
    Well, I think there's a trickle down effect for other guilds. I mean frankly, I'm in Midwinter and we're not really competitive for world firsts either, there's only a couple of guilds realistically in that bracket, but the racial imbalance is still an unnecessary frustration. Racials should make a minor difference or be cosmetic, simple as that. There's no reason that we should have to worry about how Thok will be tuned in case it's a tight DPS check because we'll have a way harder time with it than a horde guild would.

That frustration leads to all the best alliance guilds going horde, which makes horde the dominant raiding faction and it becomes harder to start/recruit for/maintain an alliance raiding guild.

Deleted
    I think they should make the racials equal between Horde & Alliance

Worgens + 1% crit || Orcs + 1% Crit
    Bloodelfs + 5% int || Gnomes +5% int
    Goblins + 5% Mastery || Dwarfs +5% Mastery
    Undead +5% Spirit || Humans +5% Spirit
    Trolls +1% Haste || Draenei +1% Haste
    Pandas something I can't think off right now & problem solved!

Quote Originally Posted by lootinc View Post

I think the better solution is one suggested in the thread already. Have two traits, one major and one minor, independent of race and selectable when you create a character. A gold fee or real money fee is required to swap them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluorescent0 View Post
    I think the better solution is one suggested in the thread already. Have two traits, one major and one minor, independent of race and selectable when you create a character. A gold fee or real money fee is required to swap them.
    That would basicly make the racials the same as "profession perks", racials should be race bound.
    Being able to swap them while staying the same race seems pointless

Quote Originally Posted by lootinc View Post

Someone here plays a caster/healer.

How about 5% agi for BE/gnome and 5% str for undead/human?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Inthislzon View Post
    Someone here plays a caster/healer.

How about 5% agi for BE/gnome and 5% str for undead/human?
    ^^ Mine was only a suggestion Probably should remove the Int & give Hit %
    That way no racial has a primairy stat

hit/crit/exp/mastery/haste sounds nice, tho they should add something like exp/hit -> spirit conversion for healers

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondlem View Post
    That frustration leads to all the best alliance guilds going horde, which makes horde the dominant raiding faction and it becomes harder to start/recruit for/maintain an alliance raiding guild.
    ^^
    The people denying this are honestly ignorant of the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by wowaccounttom View Post
    Wind Fury Totem > Paladin blessings.. ask any melee

ps: all ranged sucked back then
    But first of all the Totem did not stack with poison. In addition the introduced aggro reducing totem was an air totem as well, which means, that you were not able to use both.
    Not to mention that paladins were able to buff the entire raid while totems buffed groups.

You know it's a problem when 80% of the top 20 US 25 man guilds are Horde.

Quote Originally Posted by NeverStop View Post

You know it's a problem when 80% of the top 20 US 25 man guilds are Horde.
    The same argument can be said backwards too.

If alliance sucks so much for raiding, horde racials are OP, every serious raider went horde etc etc... how come the second best US guild is alliance? Are they god's gift to raiding or something?

15+ Year Old Account
    Right, top 20 US is bleeding edge where a 1% difference can mean a kill or a wipe.

Doesn't apply to 99% of guilds...where stronger individual performances are the result of failure, not 1% racial bonuses.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Inthislzon View Post
    The same argument can be said backwards too.

If alliance sucks so much for raiding, horde racials are OP, every serious raider went horde etc etc... how come the second best US guild is alliance? Are they god's gift to raiding or something?
    They're stubborn. Midwinter is good, they're kills would be faster if they were Horde. Not saying they'd compete with Blood Legion, but the Horde racials are absolutely better for raiding. There's nothing to infer.

Horde. racials. are. better.

The hardcore raiding population is predominantly Horde, and the situation is getting worse by the day in terms of faction balance.