Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post
    Perfect example of rose-coloured glasses, imo.
    Pretty much this whole thread is.

Oh don't worry, back in TBC plenty of people were lamenting the expansion as the death of WoW and wishing things could go back to the way they were in Vanilla when the game was so much better.

It was fun, but I ran out of things to do a lot more often than in subsequent expansions. TBC was the only time I let my subscription slide and stopped playing a couple of times. And heck, I had access to all of the end-game content through my raiding guild. I can't imagine how dull it got for people who didn't have that.

I did really like the colourful space theme though. I hope we revisit it in a future expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    The reason I loved TBC (not any more than other expansions though) is because it was the time when I had the largest group of in game friends, raided the most consistently, and generally felt there was always someone on to play with. Far too many of my friends don't play anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Dzudzadzo View Post
    Oh noes... how dare they make me complete level 1 before trying level 2. MONSTERS!
    This is so ridiculous, I had to create an account just to tell you how ridiculous it is.

The issue is not "completing level 1 before trying level 2," the issue is farming level 1 (Kara) for a damn year because your guild keeps losing members to better guilds. Yeah, that was fun.

Perfect example of rose-coloured glasses, imo.
    1. If I were to challenge any of your points I would say the trash comment is kind of false for back then. The reason it wasnt bad back then is because we had Nether Vortexes and Recipes that were best in slot items to work towards, among other materials. I wish crafting was as interesting now as it was back then. Also I think Throne of Thunder is the only raid that really had that feel of being an epic raid this expansion with Heart of Fear in a distance second. Terrace felt small and weak and MSV was kind of dull as well (with the only exception being Elegon's room, what a great boss spot)

2. I can't say much here is that I spent more time in Cataclysm sitting in SW and Pandaria sitting in Shrine than I ever did sitting in Shatt or Dalaran (although after the 7-8 month mark in ICC I started running circles in Dalaran quite frequently)

3. I can agree with this assessment.

Nice rebuttal

I really liked heroic 5 mans. and the fact that everyone was raiding the same difficulty raids (obviously a flaw for pro players) but everyone had equal gear, is what i liked.

but my favorite thing to do in wow was doing 5 man heroics. it was just fun. i still solo 5 man heroics from TBC every now and then

Game was challenging, you had always something to do. Best heroics to date, Karazhan, awesome PvP (still not totally fucked up). Game was extremly rewarding for the time invested. Me as casual back then I had so many things to do after loggin on I didn't know where to start and that was awesome. Also classes were really unique back then, every spec was different and fun (maybe not viable for top end raiding but frickin fun). And once again HEROIC 5 MANS!

PS. There was also something which was butchered in Wrath - feeling of progression. You had to make your way from the bottom to the top. 5 man normals > heroics 5 mans > Karazhan > Grull > Maggy/SSC > TK and so on. That felt AWESOME!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    dont even talk.
    Get over yourself.
    maybe if you knew a single damn thing about the lore you would realize pandaren make more sense then 99% of the shit that happened in bc with your damn illidan being turned into a nutter, kael'thas joining the legion, your damn squidgoat retcons your damn windchimes and storylines that had no resolutions.
    Illidan - heartbroken by Tyrande, backstabbed for retaining immortality for his people, imprisoned for 10k years, kicked out by his brother for trying to help fighting the legion in Felwood, ass beaten by his own brother once again for trying to get rid of Lich King and his scourge. I dunno man... Illidan had quite a lot of tough bread on his plate. Better question would be who wouldn't go insane after that.

Kael'thas - Oh geee... yeah so much guilt here. I mean totally dude. It was totally his fault for having a racist supervisor called "Garithos' who treated him like shit. Yeah man... total bullshit for trying to find a new alligance that wouldn't throw racial slurs at him and his people. Between demons and humans who were just as demonic towards his people... yup... totally his fault and bullshit man.

Draenei - Because we never saw retcons from blizz before amirite? Hell! They dont even know their own lore anymore, just look back at "red shirt guy" incident. I bet things didnt changed one bit since then.

Dont know whats your beef with windchimes and storylines that had no resolutions... please elaborate.

ugh even just talking about bc makes me want to smash something with how much shit they ruined in it.

bc was a TRAGEDY, its a supernova spewing out bullshit in the warcraft universe and its a damn mark of shame for anyone who cared about any of those characters.

if bc was a person id punch it right in its damn face
    Reason and argumentation... you have none.

10+ Year Old Account
    I had a ton of fun, and made a lot of good memories then. There were a lot of things about that expansion in particular that I loved. That's why.

Of course, I have also enjoyed the rest of WoW too.

Why do people like chocolate?

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

I'll take that orc any day over this.

On topic, because it was a better game back then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkenaw View Post
    Pretty much this whole thread is.
    Yep. And I actually forgot my best counterpoint to "heroic dungeons were far harder and better" - have any of you actually tried Challenge Mode Gold runs? I'd wager pretty much anything you haven't, even just completing Challenge Mode dungeons without achieving a medal is comparable to TBC difficulty dungeons, it's a similar kind of itemization challenge, plus they even throw in additional mechanics that are tough to master.

Point is, the challenging content is there, and while most everyone can attempt it, most fail. Maybe that's why so many long for the days where simply playing a lot and being active got you bragging rights for being gated and able to raid "that" content.

TBC's real name - The Burning Entitlement.

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post

There's a clear progression path through a wealth of content
    The TBC Attunement Chart would like to have a word with you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep. And I actually forgot my best counterpoint to "heroic dungeons were far harder and better" - have any of you actually tried Challenge Mode Gold runs? I'd wager pretty much anything you haven't, even just completing Challenge Mode dungeons without achieving a medal is comparable to TBC difficulty dungeons, it's a similar kind of itemization challenge, plus they even throw in additional mechanics that are tough to master.

Point is, the challenging content is there, and while most everyone can attempt it, most fail. Maybe that's why so many long for the days where simply playing a lot and being active got you bragging rights for being gated and able to raid "that" content.

TBC's real name - The Burning Entitlement.
    My rename would be: The Burning Nostalgia

Your friends list had a purpose back then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Killmaim Deathbringer View Post
    Why did people love TBC? Look at this. LOOK AT IT...

HAHA Great post. Yeah everytime someone puts on their nostalgia shades and tells me BC had it all, I point em to the gear and shut them right up.
    It's pronounced "Dur-av-ian."

Why did I love TBC? It was challenging. Heroic dungeons were like 5 man raids, you needed time to clear them (some of them took 45 minutes with a good group), and coordination. I liked having 1-4 people whisper me within ten minutes of my logging in because they wanted a healer for a group, or were bored and knew that I usually put dungeon groups together. I liked recognizing the names of people that responded when I did have to go to trade to recruit to fill that one last spot. These were the things that are different than today. Everything else I loved carried over.

I personally think it's all the same.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimson View Post
    This is so ridiculous, I had to create an account just to tell you how ridiculous it is.

The issue is not "completing level 1 before trying level 2," the issue is farming level 1 (Kara) for a damn year because your guild keeps losing members to better guilds. Yeah, that was fun.
    Faulty human mechanics =/= Faulty game mechanics.

No game developer in the entire world can fix selfish humans. NOT A SINGLE ONE! Besides that thing would be easy to fix: guild invite CD and guild-bound items. Et Viola... fixed.

Deleted
    All those ''it's nostalgia and nothing else'' comments... it makes me cringe, and laugh at the same time because people think they know.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny212 View Post

I'll take that orc any day over this.

On topic, because it was a better game back then.
    thank blizz for transmog. It'll be nice when they can retire this type of style and move on to something less awful.