Thing is that this has only been happening for the last week. I've been using this connection without problem since I got here about 4 odd weeks ago so I dunno what suddenly happened unless he's exceeding his connection capacity and that is for some reason disconnecting me, because there is at any time about 20 others using this network.

Despite the problems this is a damn good business scheme if pulled off right.
    Last edited by Evil Inside; 2013-08-28 at 05:52 PM.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Inside View Post
    So for the past week or so I've been getting seemingly random and constant disconnects on my laptop wireless. I'm positive it's not on my end, and I have no access to the router or any other hardware inbetween. My question is for you network guys, is this something a router/network hardware is capable of doing? because this is really annoying and borderline unusable. I also at times have to attempt to re-connect multiple times(sometimes upto 10-20 times) before it lets me on and then promptly disconnects me at a random interval.
    Check your router's logs and then copypaste them to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Meme Arrows to green text View Post
    Check your router's logs and then copypaste them to me.
    No access to router as the connection is not mine. Gonna go talk to the guy when I can tomorrow, perhaps I can get some info on what is going on.
    Last edited by Evil Inside; 2013-08-28 at 06:48 PM.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Inside View Post
    No access to router as the connection is not mine. Gonna go talk to the guy when I can tomorrow, perhaps I can get some info on what is going on.
    He probably didn't even bother to change any settings.

Go to your address bar and type "192.168.0.1" or "192.168.1.1"

Should take you to your router's configuration and then you can take a look at the status.

The default user/pass for almost every router is Admin and then the password is blank.

He probably didn't even bother to change any settings.

Go to your address bar and type "192.168.0.1" or "192.168.1.1"

Should take you to your router's configuration and then you can take a look at the status.

The default user/pass for almost every router is Admin and then the password is blank.
    Nah this guy's doing it "professionally". As in he has a database of users that are bound to their username/connection by mac address, when you pay him he gives you a username/password to use as a login on his website and thus allowing you to use the connection.

I would have done it before on my own if I was just stealing wifi from your average person, but this guy is pro so to speak.
    Last edited by Evil Inside; 2013-08-28 at 07:18 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    HAH I can totally play at 2560x1440, see...

Yeah sure things look a little blurry because I'm squeezing that res on a 1080p, and the original screenshot was fucking 10.5mb every image host attempted to destroy the quality so I had to use DeviantArt...but who cares, IN YOUR FACES.

However this brings up a (probably silly) question - if my GPU is pumping out 2560x1440 at 120fps, and my monitor is attempting to display it...how is that possible since Dual-DVI shouldn't technically be able to handle that much bandwidth?
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2013-08-28 at 10:23 PM.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    HAH I can totally play at 2560x1440, see...

Yeah sure things look a little blurry because I'm squeezing that res on a 1080p, and the original screenshot was fucking 10.5mb every image host attempted to destroy the quality so I had to use DeviantArt...but who cares, IN YOUR FACES.

However this brings up a (probably silly) question - if my GPU is pumping out 2560x1440 at 120fps, and my monitor is attempting to display it...how is that possible since Dual-DVI shouldn't technically be able to handle that much bandwidth?
    It will "pump" or read 60 frames only because your monitor can't push 120frames at 2560x1440. That's why DLdvi works.

Are you sure the monitor is displaying 120 Hz or that the game client/frame capture is just reading 120 Hz because of the refresh rate?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    Are you sure the monitor is displaying 120 Hz or that the game client/frame capture is just reading 120 Hz because of the refresh rate?
    Yeah I confirmed later that Fraps was reading 120fps, but it's didn't feel anything like 120fps because the custom resolution I had defined via nVidia drivers was 60hz. Weird.

edit: Take a look at this, I set it to 120hz:

And it felt absolutely as smooth as 120hz should feel. At least it did so on the desktop, I'm afraid to run a game like that. When setting custom resolutions/refresh rates it flashed a warning that it could damage my monitor.

But I appear to have proven that 1440p @ 120hz is totally possible with DVI-D
    I think the main issue with manufacturers is that perhaps IPS/PLS technology simply isn't 120hz-friendly. I'm aware some Korean brands can be overclocked but their 8ms+ GTG response remains.
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2013-08-29 at 05:45 AM.

8ms input delay really isn't that big of a deal. It's a lot easier for me to determine 120 Hz from 60 Hz than 8 ms to 2 ms.
    Considering there is a 8.3333~ ms delay between frames in 120 Hz, you'll be at most one frame behind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    8ms input delay really isn't that big of a deal. It's a lot easier for me to determine 120 Hz from 60 Hz than 8 ms to 2 ms.
    Considering there is a 8.3333~ ms delay between frames in 120 Hz, you'll be at most one frame behind.
    Basically this. 8ms is so insignificant it will never even come close to what your internet latency will do unless you're on a LAN.

10+ Year Old Account
    Basically this. 8ms is so insignificant it will never even come close to what your internet latency will do unless you're on a LAN.
    Input delay =/= internet latency, one determines how smooth/responsive your client-side experience feels (which is what gaming is mostly about) and the other determines the server-side delay. I.e. playing at 50ms input delay + 50ms latency would feel HORRIFIC compared to 5ms input delay + 95ms latency.

The main thing here is that at 60fps 8ms input delay won't really be noticeable since your frame-by-frame input can already be delayed by as much as 16.6ms. However at 120fps when that input comes down to 8.3ms, and then you have the monitor adding another 8ms to that...hard to say.
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2013-08-29 at 07:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    However at 120fps when that input comes down to 8.3ms, and then you have the monitor adding another 8ms to that...hard to say.
    Another 8ms? Wherefrom? You will still be only one frame behind.
    120 Hz frequency updates every 8.33~ seconds.
    Monitor is 8ms behind the graphics card in how fast it can change the pixels into other grey pixels.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Whilst on the subject of monitors. My storm fly is still happily dead in the middle of my screen so I phoned dell to explain I have some 'dead pixels' and they're sending me out a new DellU2713HM on monday and will then pick up the old one on Tuesday.

At least that's one problem fixed and no warranty voided by taking the monitor apart to clean it out.

Up next for me it to sell this current tower I have and then look at building a new one!

Which brings me to GPUs. Which GPU cooler do you guys think would work best in a mATX build?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by carebear View Post
    Whilst on the subject of monitors. My storm fly is still happily dead in the middle of my screen so I phoned dell to explain I have some 'dead pixels' and they're sending me out a new DellU2713HM on monday and will then pick up the old one on Tuesday.

At least that's one problem fixed and no warranty voided by taking the monitor apart to clean it out.

Up next for me it to sell this current tower I have and then look at building a new one!

Which brings me to GPUs. Which GPU cooler do you guys think would work best in a mATX build?
    just make a new topic for it and include as many details as you can. (budget/desired performance etc)

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shroudster View Post
    just make a new topic for it and include as many details as you can. (budget/desired performance etc)
    I'm not at that stage yet. I won't be ordering parts for a few weeks. The only things I've chosen so far is that it'll be an mATX build in a Fractal Define Mini with a Haswell i5 and a 780. Need to find a place to get the black noctua fans too!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by carebear View Post
    I'm not at that stage yet. I won't be ordering parts for a few weeks. The only things I've chosen so far is that it'll be an mATX build in a Fractal Define Mini with a Haswell i5 and a 780. Need to find a place to get the black noctua fans too!
    Still more details needed, overclocking/silence/future SLI plans?

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    This can and should be its own topic, imo.

I suppose we'll have a topic when they launch on Sep 11, though.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    This can and should be its own topic, imo.

I suppose we'll have a topic when they launch on Sep 11, though.
    Bahaha in it's own topic the extent of the replies will be along the lines of:
    "Oh, ok"
    "Alright"
    Or if we really want to get wordy:
    "Nothing unexpected"

What I'm getting at is that the jumps between flagship Extreme-series processors have become really small and very predictable, some kind of glass ceiling is being reached here. Anyone who owns anything between 3930K - 3970X has no reason to upgrade to a 4960X. Most buyers will either be owners of older quad/hex cores looking for a BIG upgrade, or crazy min/max enthusiasts for whom $1000-1500 to get 4-5% more performance is totally worth it (not very many of those around :P).
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2013-08-31 at 10:50 AM.