Shadow Priest - Tips for improvement

Howdy,

I'm relatively new to the spriest class (about 2 months), having tanked most of my time raiding.

I think I have a pretty decent grip on what I'm doing and my dps isn't awful, but I'm looking for some tips on things I can improve/things I may not have known. Gearing etc should be fine, but comments on talents etc are also welcome.

Here's my stuff:

Armory: www#us#battle.net/wow/en/character/frostmourne/Shadenova/advanced

most recent logs: worldoflogs#com/reports/29c9xh63e2lf4xss (bosses 1-6 and durumu tries)
    worldoflogs#com/reports/etoeojv7w4itufsw/ (Durumu kill)

Thanks!

P.s. i've put random # instead of . in the links because this is my first post - if someone could fix them up, that'd be great.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flashnova View Post
    Fixed that for you.

Keep better uptime on dots.

Learn your class mechanics. Exploit talents better. Use ToF on Horridon and Megaera. Use Cascade on Horridon and Council fights. Dot more walls on Durumu, especially the ones you're not killing first. Move as little as possible.

Ask rogues to tricks you, say "you're testing something".

If you fulfill those, you top like a real swagga.

Here's some logs, may help you figure it out.
    Last edited by veiledy0; 2013-08-30 at 02:01 PM.
    When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
    When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
    And I held your hand through all of these years

Quote Originally Posted by veiledy0 View Post

Keep better uptime on dots.

Learn your class mechanics. Exploit talents better. Use ToF on Horridon and Megaera. Use Cascade on Horridon and Council fights. Dot more walls on Durumu, especially the ones you're not killing first. Move as little as possible.

Ask rogues to tricks you, say "you're testing something".

If you fulfill those, you top like a real swagga.

Here's some logs, may help you figure it out.
    On 10m Cascade isn't really viable on council/durumu, the adds/walls die so fast that you're only really getting one cascade off before they're dead. I prefer to run halo on both for the consistent damage as well as lining it up with a crit proc on Durumu is 8=D damage.

Also ToF on Megara only works if you tunnel adds as much as possible, which rarely even spawn on 10m, and the uptime from only getting it from killing heads is really bad. You're better off just running DI and keeping a SWP on the venomous/whatever head you're not killing in your strat.

yeah TOF is not very good on 10 meg since they nerfed how it used to refresh on 'dead' mobs, and you don't have enough adds to really aoe much; as opposed to 25 megaera where mindsear is top or near top damage.

Yeah I noticed that my VT uptime is low, the swp uptime is good no?

Usually happens when I'm channeling insanity when it falls off, then when I get a mb proc soon after and then swp something else etc etc.. Is that common?

And yeah I've been pretty lazy don't really switch my talents out at all, I'll try that next week, see if I get better results.
    I barely touch the adds on meg though as there are never that many, so tof seems needless.

As for my overall numbers, do they seem decent for my gear? No UVLS yet

Quote Originally Posted by snaxattax View Post
    yeah TOF is not very good on 10 meg since they nerfed how it used to refresh on 'dead' mobs....
    This was never changed and ToF is still viable on Megaera. It's more viable on Heroic with adds to kill but not that much and by the time you're doing Heroic you're probably well into almost exclusive DI usage anyway. ~40% uptime, you have to be good about refreshing right before the head disappears.

Quote Originally Posted by jsutan View Post
    refreshing right before the head disappears.
    i'm pretty sure this stopped working when they nerfed tof refreshing on tortos turtles. DI over TOF is strictly for 10H because you have way fewer arcane wyrms. in 25H, TOF is significantly better because of how much time you spend mindsearing throughout the encounter.

Quote Originally Posted by snaxattax View Post
    i'm pretty sure this stopped working when they nerfed tof refreshing on tortos turtles. DI over TOF is strictly for 10H because you have way fewer arcane wyrms. in 25H, TOF is significantly better because of how much time you spend mindsearing throughout the encounter.
    Well, I'm not really arguing the viability of ToF vs DI. Just that ToF absolutely still procs when the head goes back into the back of the room and it was never "fixed". I just went and looked at rank 1 megaera 25 world of logs non-asia and the first rank I found used it on 8-28.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=1844&e=2232