Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

How does one make 50,000 gold?

I am a rogue on illidan server and I cannot for the life of me carry more then 10,000 gold. I was raiding with my guild and I got a new weapon in ToT and they told me to get dancing steel on it, I replied saying I have no gold so my guild master opened up trade for me and show'd how much gold he had on him which was 127,000.

He said I make 50k gold an hour farming turtles in Vo4W.

I do that and I only made 1k gold.

Can anyone tell me how they make a lot of gold? Its getting really fustrating to be honest.

I made a new character on an Alliance heavy server and made around 16k gold in less than two weeks just casually mining and skinning. This is before hitting 80.
    "Why do all supposed 'centrists' just sound like right wingers?"

"Also, can I just say that I think AOC would absolutely fucking annihilate Greene if Greene ever dared take an actual swing at her?" -- The state of the MMO-C circlejerk.

Deleted
    Selling gems and glyphs makes a good bunch of gold.

Use your professions. Spend a lot of time playing the game.

Deleted
    Personally I just spam LFR and LFD. Not super efficient but I made 1k in three hours just by doing that and selling off loot. (Tip; tier tokens are worth 50g but the actual gear they can be turned in for is worth less, unless you need the upgrade just sell the token) People moan about getting gold instead of loot but I once got 130g from one LFR boss, plus the bag it dropped contained a BoE epic item which I put on the AH.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakuzar View Post

Can anyone tell me how they make a lot of gold? Its getting really fustrating to be honest.

For starters, don't be dismayed by liars who say they can make an obscene amount of gold in very little time by doing something as simple and degrading as farming.

Since you're asking how to make gold in a forum, and resorted to farming, what's wrong with making 1k gold an hour farming turtles?

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    For starters, don't be dismayed by liars who say they can make an obscene amount of gold in very little time by doing something as simple as farming.

Since you're asking how to make gold in a forum, and resorted to farming, what's wrong with making 1k gold an hour farming turtles?

I feel like I wasted my time because the other person made 49k more then me.

I feel like I wasted my time because the other person made 49k more then me.
    The other person is a liar though, remember?

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The auction house and mainly one of the best ones that I'd look into OP

''The Shuffle'' this has existed for awhile now and still works in MoP.

A lot of it depends on your server, and playing the AH. If you can farm a ton of mats you can make a lot of gold, but you have to spend a LOT of time farming, and make sure to constantly check the AH. Gems don't sell for much anymore, since only a handful are actually useful and the cuts are random so you may end up getting a lot of useless gems.

Honestly, at one point I had about 150.000g but that was because my guild had been selling boosts, and not counting that the maximum I've had is about 20-30k. I think the most important thing is to not waste the gold, like if you buy stuff on the auction house, and then want to resell, you should resell it at a higher price, or atleast at a price where you break even. Don't just put up stuff for lower because it'll sell faster.

Other than that, probably take up some profession. I know you could make pretty good gold with inscription in the beginning of mop, don't know how it is now though since I've quit, but professions are generally a good income.

50k and hour?? Yeah I doubt it. Just sell, sell, sell. Pick everything up, sell it. Do dailies. 5.4 is coming up, perfect time to stock up on big value items in bulk while they are cheap. Keep in mind, when a new raid comes out, people want to gem their new gear/alts.

Also, monk class is the new class. Everyone is rolling a monk. Sell agility based items/gems.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Deleted
    I am a rogue on illidan server and I cannot for the life of me carry more then 10,000 gold. I was raiding with my guild and I got a new weapon in ToT and they told me to get dancing steel on it, I replied saying I have no gold so my guild master opened up trade for me and show'd how much gold he had on him which was 127,000.

Your guild master is full of BS, there isnt 1 way to get rich instantly, there are many ways.
    1st (and the one im using to get about 20k / week with about 1-2 hours of farming ONLY.)
    PETS, yep that's right soo here is what i do, i have 4 lvl 90 chars, and on every reset i clear kara/tk/ssc on each char, this takes up to 2 hours, and just by selling those pets i get at least 10-15k and only in the worst case scenario, in the best case i get up to 30k gold.
    i cba to link you the pets but im not going to spoonfeed you. just an eg, the pets from lady and prince sell for at least 4k each (lowest price) if i rly need gold i level them to 25 (which takes 30 mins / pet) and you can add another 2k to each pet. soo if i get 4 drops on each char thats thats 16k + 16k from the other pets...well that's alot of money with almost no work.
    2nd PROFESSIONS, this is where the real money is. i cba to teach you because it would take a wall of text just to write a basic introduction but there are alot of guides on the internet + few helpful sites like underminejournal and wowuction.
    BTW i can make up to 200k gold / week, it's easy but takes alot of practice.

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    The other person is a liar though, remember?
    Perhaps his GM never actually said that and the OP is a liar? Just a thought.

I really should use like bank toons and mule toons, just I'm lazy I've made a few thousand in the past few days mostly selling cloth, a couple of gems, and some surplus vegetables that I didn't need anymore. I've been trying to make money on low level transmog items but the market for that is smarter now that people aren't going to pay over 1k gold for a level 40-something green item.

You don't make 50k gold per hour by farming, I can dismiss that right off the bat. The only way you'd make that much money is by making some very rare crafts or by completely dominating a part of the AH on a busy realm.
    Sell anything of use on the AH. If you have professions that let you turn materials into more pricey products, craft before selling.
    If you have greens/blues that are worth more disenchanted than vendored, ask a friend to DE them for you.
    Plant seeds on the tillers farm, you get several hundreds of gold worth of herbs there every day for minor effort.
    The easiest way to get sha crystals reliably is to simply be an enchanter though... Think of all the useless epics you've gotten in LFR and of all the outdated gear you've vendored this tier; all that would be sha crystals and haunting spirits if you were an enchanter.
    If we knew what your professions were, we could probably give you some more specific tips on making gold.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stockpile yourself on ore. Then after 10 (or 11 sept is EU server) sell the ore for 300g a stack.

The alcemists, BS and enginers will need ****load of it.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

There was probably a miscommunication. If you want to make gold, grind mats and craft stuff that are in short supply. A 1k an hour isn't bad, sound like you found a good niche.

That's sort of a problem for me I want gold to level up my alchemy profession but I don't have enough I just leveled my herbalism profession to 600 yesterday but I don't want to sell the herbs because I want to use them to level up my alchemy. BTW my alchemy is at 158 and my GM said I need about 5k gold for it to get to 600.

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    it's simple he lied if he made 50k in a day do you really think he would have 127k only? if you make more than 10k a day you are rich and that's not hard to do just flip items in AH . transmog items are pretty good too in RP realms(Like Argent Dawn)
    http://imgiran.com/images/oy857zqzmulgcdjzl6gy.jpg like this one lvl 50 green item
    JC is pretty good too you won't even need to farm just find daily suppliers for ghost iron ore , prospect, cut and sell the gems or keep them for 1st days of 5.4 prices will be Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh
    Last edited by Archmage Alodi; 2013-08-30 at 07:58 PM.