Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Seems like this would fit in much better with Diablo than wow. To much work to create 90 levels of gear and weapons just for a new class.

Quote Originally Posted by Fatherfork View Post
    Seems like this would fit in much better with Diablo than wow. To much work to create 90 levels of gear and weapons just for a new class.
    Actually no. The class would be excellent to be 3rd Leather/Mail class together with Hunter and Shaman. Those stats will match the class very well.

10+ Year Old Account
    This idea is both hilarious yet good lol. Yeah sure it would be pretty fun

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AlarStormbringer View Post
    Only if you give me glaives and totems too, Yakky.
    I want glaives too

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokaproductionist View Post
    Female-only class, I take it?
    oh god the jokes if you roll as a male lasher

Like the idea but yea, you'd have to pick 1 armor type (or in the case of something like a shaman where they upgrade later on). Having 3 specs each based around a different armor type would be awful for dual spec and you'd probably also piss off a few groups/raids when rolling on other armor types because it's your off-spec.

And the fact that you would be basing the class on a weapon type that only 1 class uses (although hunters are really the only bow/gun users, so it's not impossible as an idea just harder to implement).

But what makes this class concept any different from the rest of the tanks? If you could find a way to create this tank into a slightly more ranged tank instead of face tanking, then you might be onto something. Unless you were implying that the other specs would be more ranged vs. the tank spec. I'd play one, would remind me of Ivy from Soul Caliber.

I'm surprised Zyra wasn't posted on the first page.

The idea of mid range damage, CC, and whip-like weapons makes me think of Yashamaru from Basilisk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why not just introduce whips into the game, and allow certain classes to use it?

/class

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Akraen View Post
    oh god the jokes if you roll as a male lasher
    Hey now Indiana Jones is badass.

Love the idea, and have always wanted to see whips in game. Not sure HOW they could make it work, but if they could, I'd roll one in an instant.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Why not just introduce whips into the game, and allow certain classes to use it?

/class
    An odd statement coming from you.

10+ Year Old Account
    From a creative perspective: It's not a bad idea. Does it fit WoW? It's in a grey area IMO. Is it innovative/something new? Yes it is
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Romanthony View Post
    I can imagine they would be popular in Goldshire.
    This is so accurately true hahahahahah, but really frightening.

This should be an example of outside the box thinking Blizzard should be having. Trying to expand on what they currently have is starting to feel profane, because you could only expand on that so much after that its just more make up and flash to try and make the same thing look more "appealing". They need to start adding new things, new angles,and more long lasting fundamentals, not just more of the same ideas.
    Last edited by Philosopino; 2013-08-30 at 09:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Since they'd prob just end up looking a lot like that skanky minion/demon, then I hope they're at least just as easy to kill.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    An odd statement coming from you.
    I don't see how. I would never advocate for a class whose sole difference from existing classes is a weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    I don't see how. I would never advocate for a class whose sole difference from existing classes is a weapon.
    It was less that, and more that you're constantly on the defense against people who say a similar thing.

Why not just introduce engineering into the game, and allow all classes to use it?
    Don't get me wrong, I'm not here to start a tinker debate, and I think the Lasher idea is just silly.
    Just found it odd that you'd use similar logic to the main argument that people bring up when shooting down your ideas.

Deleted
    I'm to sleepy to give it a real thought xD

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Lasher ? More like Dominatrix.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    It was less that, and more that you're constantly on the defense against people who say a similar thing.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not here to start a tinker debate, and I think the Lasher idea is just silly.
    Just found it odd that you'd use similar logic to the main argument that people bring up when shooting down your ideas.
    Well the difference between what I said and what others say in regards to a technology class is that a tech class is an entire archetype. Engineering doesn't really cover the gaps that a technology class would cover.

However, when you devise a class around a weapon, all it takes to override that class' purpose is to make whips available to certain classes. For example, how would a Lasher class be different from a warrior or a DK utilizing a whip weapon?