Page 14 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    After reading this thread am I the only one who wants Thrall to be killed in comedic fashion (tripping and falling onto a sword would be fine) just so that we can have Trassk here raging about his favourite fictional Jesus reflection being offed while we get to post "shut up and go with the flow"?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zephid View Post
    Power corrupts.
    pretty much this. but can you really blame him for wanting conquest? Horde and Alliance are enemies we are at war with eachother. Anyone given the chance would go for conquest, and you have to crack some eggs......get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post
    After reading this thread am I the only one who wants Thrall to be killed in comedic fashion (tripping and falling onto a sword would be fine) just so that we can have Trassk here raging about his favourite fictional Jesus reflection being offed while we get to post "shut up and go with the flow"?

Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post

Well..

If I am to be honest..

Pretty much.. no. I would like that too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    It is quite ironic, most of the players that did not like the zone change were Alliance and were rightfully angered that they got thrown mud in the face repeatedly, but this very reaction has stopped blizzard from even considering a revamp of low level zones, it could have made the world more engaging if it would change once in a while, but unfortunately that door is closed.
    Exactly this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    You mean minus the fact we knew this is how things would go before we could even buy the expansion... Yup, totally never intended things to go this way. *rolls eyes*
    Garrosh's story began long before we heard anything about MoP's story. But I guess a 180 from how he acted during several Cataclysm quests he was involved in where he was brutish but honorable makes total sense if you're mentally slow.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Originally Posted by Dave Kosak
    Alliance fist pump moment - it was promised - what is it?
    This expansion, after Theramore, there have been a string of Alliance victories. They stopped Garrosh in 5.1 from doing what he was going to do. By 5.2, we had purged Dalaran. Dalaran is now an Alliance city. 5.3, we saw the Horde completely dissolving while the Alliance is coming together. And in 5.4, the Alliance is marching into Orgrimmar, deposing the Warchief, and allowing the Horde to name a successor that they can work with. So, Alliance is changing the world here. And so, that's big! I don't know how to make it any bigger without alienating the entire Horde playerbase. I think we're trying to walk the line where both Alliance and Horde are seeing the siege of Orgrimmar as something they're both excited about. I think we've crafted a good story to do that. I'm not sure... if we were sieging Stormwind would that be more fist-pumpy? I mean, YOU'RE SIEGING ORGRIMMAR! YOU ARE TAKING AN ENEMY CAPITAL AND KILLING THE WARCHIEF! I don't know what more the Alliance can be doing. They're like, "uuhhhh yeahh, whatever." I don't know, I don't know what more the Alliance can be doing. PUMP SOME FISTS AS YOU KILL EVERY SINGLE ORC IN ORGRIMMAR, practically. (Source)
    I'm familiar with that post of Kosak's, although I think he's quite confused as to what a 'fist-pumping moment' is. That, or he tried and evidently failed to justify how the Alliance's 'victories' in MoP against the 'big, bad Horde' were somehow comparable to the Horde's victories against the actual Alliance the expansion that came prior to MoP. 5.1 was presented generally as a shared victory or at least, not against 'The Horde' as such but rather, Garrosh. 5.2 of course, as with all Alliance victories, was not demonstrated meaningfully in-game. Dalaran is still very much a neutral city for all practical intents and purposes; however much they said otherwise in a phased and temporary questline. Then of course, in 5.4, we are not raiding 'AN ENEMY CAPITAL' so much as 'THE BIG BAD HORDE'S CAPITAL', and 'EVERY SINGLE ORC IN ORGRIMMAR' is not a Horde Orc but rather, a big bad Kor'kron Orc.

Kosak of course expresses concerns about not wanting to 'alienate' the entire Horde playerbase; which makes me wonder what he was thinking in the likes of Cataclysm with Theramore and so on. As an Alliance player (at heart), I certainly felt alienated.

Quote Originally Posted by trassk View Post
    wooo not bias at all are we.

Quote Originally Posted by trassk View Post
    and yet you alliance players get to raid orgrimmar, kill countless orcs, kill garrosh, and even thats not enough for you. I'm sorry but if this doesn't give you any satisfaction, then nothing will, your just being childish at this point.
    herp derp.

Clearly when the npc says that garrosh "took" his children, he means that garrosh killed his children.

Many people use the verb "to take" as a euphemism for "to kill".

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    "omg you take the game too srsly omg y u whine about being screwd over" is not an argument.

If only there was a portal to an alternate dimension where the roles were reversed and the Alliance won everything in the Cataclysm. I would love to see just how many Horde fans would be whining here.
    They all say they wouldn't care, but judging by how defensive they get when it's suggested the Alliance get... Well, anything, I think we all know it isn't true.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Blizzard is really trying to hard to make us hate and kill Garrosh....
    they are succeeding

but it is subjective

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    Kosak of course expresses concerns about not wanting to 'alienate' the entire Horde playerbase; which makes me wonder what he was thinking in the likes of Cataclysm with Theramore and so on. As an Alliance player (at heart), I certainly felt alienated.
    I want to make you a honest question, what is the Horde really gaining at the end of the MoP? From these pictures, the end result for the Horde is negative, gaining no new land and losing a bunch of well known Orgrimmar (and other places) NPCs.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Originally Posted by Dave Kosak
    Alliance fist pump moment - it was promised - what is it?
    This expansion, after Theramore, there have been a string of Alliance victories. They stopped Garrosh in 5.1 from doing what he was going to do. By 5.2, we had purged Dalaran. Dalaran is now an Alliance city. 5.3, we saw the Horde completely dissolving while the Alliance is coming together. And in 5.4, the Alliance is marching into Orgrimmar, deposing the Warchief, and allowing the Horde to name a successor that they can work with. So, Alliance is changing the world here. And so, that's big! I don't know how to make it any bigger without alienating the entire Horde playerbase. I think we're trying to walk the line where both Alliance and Horde are seeing the siege of Orgrimmar as something they're both excited about. I think we've crafted a good story to do that. I'm not sure... if we were sieging Stormwind would that be more fist-pumpy? I mean, YOU'RE SIEGING ORGRIMMAR! YOU ARE TAKING AN ENEMY CAPITAL AND KILLING THE WARCHIEF! I don't know what more the Alliance can be doing. They're like, "uuhhhh yeahh, whatever." I don't know, I don't know what more the Alliance can be doing. PUMP SOME FISTS AS YOU KILL EVERY SINGLE ORC IN ORGRIMMAR, practically. (Source)
    You can quote this all you want. All it shows is that Blizzard has no idea what they're fucking doing with the Alliance or what an actual victory/"fistpump" is.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    I want to make you a honest question, what is the Horde really gaining at the end of the MoP? From these pictures, the end result for the Horde is negative, gaining no new land and losing a bunch of well known Orgrimmar (and other places) NPCs.
    Nothing the Alliance "wins" at the end of MoP is shown in the game. That is not true of the Horde. That is the difference. The Horde had a string of victories in Cataclysm and MoP, and then they've overthrown their Warchief having their "revenge" storyline concluded. The Alliance? "Oh well we showed up, that's cool I guess." Garrosh is gone, but nothing changes because Blizzard has told us they will not change the old world.

Talk about the shallowest of the shallow of victories. That is what they do with the Alliance. Beat the shit out of them until the legitimate last minute then have them win and pretend its an Alliance fist-pumping moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrathius View Post
    They all say they wouldn't care, but judging by how defensive they get when it's suggested the Alliance get... Well, anything, I think we all know it isn't true.

Exactly.

They would be whining just as hard; if not harder.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Nothing the Alliance "wins" at the end of MoP is shown in the game. That is not true of the Horde. That is the difference.
    What does the Horde win? Several dead NPCs?

What does the Horde win? Several dead NPCs?
    Uhhh a new Warchief? The conclusion to their revenge storyline? Among everything else. I'm sorry you can't see this.

The Alliance has no tangible victory. Garrosh being gone is far more a Horde achievement than an Alliance one.

It looks a lot like they're getting a 'get out of jail free' card; having dumped their sins onto Garrosh and the Kor'kron, a new Warchief, and no apparent losses out of any of the gains made under Garrosh, save for some damage to Orgrimmar.

and here we go. into the abyss of what the alliance/ horde does or doesn't get in terms of in game lore. /next thread

10+ Year Old Account
    Rofl this thread is already shit, and by the same people too. Better luck next time.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!

Srsly tho, i like how wow might become something higher than "age:12+"...
    It already is. T for Teen stands for 13+. ;P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Uhhh a new Warchief? The conclusion to their revenge storyline? Among everything else. I'm sorry you can't see this.
    I'm talking strictly gameplay wise. Unless the new Warchief is a new brand character, there is really nothing that the Horde gains in MoP.