10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Uhh, as much as people joke about it, going to a TE from a QB in the NFL is a huge jump. Its not something that Tebow could of done in the NE system over an offseason. Not only are NE's tight ends good at receiving, but also blocking. Something a lot of people overlook.
    Marquis Grey, a UDFA played TE for us this offseason, he was a QB in college, not sure where. But they guy was making strides, I am actually pissed that he was Waived rather than Celek. Celek has shit for hands, Grey was starting to get much better at blocking, if he gets picked up by someone and we can't PS him, I am going to be pissed. I also want Chuck Jacobs on the PS for certain.
    VanCleef wants you! Join the Defias Brotherhood and hang out on a yacht all day!

10+ Year Old Account
    Seeing a player go off on a stretcher in the preseason really makes me mad. Preseason does more harm than good.

I'm talking about the vikings OL btw.

10+ Year Old Account
    I see the Chargers cut Meachem, imagine if, instead of signing a known underperformer they had quit hard balling Jackson and actually signed him up, but then this is why AJ Smith was deservedly fired, piles of stupid decisions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pats cut Leon Washington.

Oh baby.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pats cut Leon Washington.

Oh baby.
    Not surprised. He wasn't bringing anything extra compared to what we had. He should have excelled at returns, but even that wasn't too hot. I'm guessing he might find a place to do what he does though.

Also completely missed until now that Chris Kluwe didn't make it with the Raiders. Hoping he can find a spot filling in for a hurt punter at some point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Not surprised. He wasn't bringing anything extra compared to what we had. He should have excelled at returns, but even that wasn't too hot. I'm guessing he might find a place to do what he does though.

Also completely missed until now that Chris Kluwe didn't make it with the Raiders. Hoping he can find a spot filling in for a hurt punter at some point.
    My guess is the Seattle special teams system made him look good, just didn't fit in there.

Pete Carroll said his biggest regret of the offseason was getting rid of Leon so soon, so we'll see if they fix that.. we don't really like to sign back guys that we cut. The only guy was Marcus Trufant who was re signed after Thurmond didn't get healthy.

10+ Year Old Account
    God damnit KC, stop taking guys who I wanted on the PS! They have signed two guys that I wanted so far, and it has me pulling a Shatner's Kirk going "REEEEEEEIIIIIIDDDDDD!!!!!!"

Also, I truly hope that Seattle doesn't get Washington back, I would rather not have games like 2011 going to other way, where they get the ST scores to win close games.
    Last edited by Robbyjawz; 2013-09-01 at 08:11 PM.
    VanCleef wants you! Join the Defias Brotherhood and hang out on a yacht all day!

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't find anything confirmed about Washington being cut though. All I have is that he wasn't at practice today. Might not be as dire as you/we think.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't find anything confirmed about Washington being cut though. All I have is that he wasn't at practice today. Might not be as dire as you/we think.
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...gn=Twitter_atl

Seattle is at 53. They'd have to cut somebody to make room.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...gn=Twitter_atl

Seattle is at 53. They'd have to cut somebody to make room.
    D'oh! Missed that.

Wonder how the final roster will look with these last moves. I figured the roster would be complete yesterday/today, but it seems there's *still* lots of things going on finessing matters in depth. Never knew these last efw days before the season were so hectic.

10+ Year Old Account
    so Tyler Wilson is released by the Raiders, Matt Barkley wasn't even involved in the Eagles QB competition, let this be a lesson, never ever come back for your senior year.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bills safety Byrd is struggeling with a hard named foot injury, like the Bills weren't in enough trouble to make a good start to the season.

At least EJ Manuel was back at practice, but I'm not convinced this isn't the same thing as the Pats having Gronk at practice i.e. a sham. I don't think either will be ready for week 1.

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    so Tyler Wilson is released by the Raiders, Matt Barkley wasn't even involved in the Eagles QB competition, let this be a lesson, never ever come back for your senior year.
    I didn't figure Oakland would be a place that fits Tyler Wilson. I mean there line is terrible they don't need a pocket QB at all they pretty much are going to be stuck with Pryer at least for a few years anyways.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ravens cut RB Bobby Rainey and he's been picked up by the Browns.

I hope I'm wrong, but I really think this one is going to come back and bite the Ravens in the ass.

---

Anyone else see where the Bucs put Lawrence Tynes on the NFI instead of the IR? Basically, the Bucs are trying to take him off the roster without accepting any responsibility for Tynes contracting MRSA (despite the fact it happened at the team facility).

Classy, Tampa. Classy.
    Elbren (Paladin) - Priam (Warlock) - Pompeymagnus (Hunter) - Rahab (Shaman) - Ithillian (Druid) - Licinius (Mage) - Romulus (Warrior)

Im normally in a crappy spot being a browns fan and all, but though i know a Superbowl is out of the question this year....an .500 season seems plausible! This is amazing news! Not sure why we cut all of our kickers though....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugoda View Post
    Im normally in a crappy spot being a browns fan and all, but though i know a Superbowl is out of the question this year....an .500 season seems plausible! This is amazing news! Not sure why we cut all of our kickers though....
    Yeah, the Browns look much better than in years past. Just sucks for them they have to play in the same division as the Ravens, Steelers and improved Bengel's. The AFC North should be really good this season.

Not sure who is backing up Richardson, but if Rainey ends up being the the 2nd RB, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. Don't be surprised if you see him returning kicks/punts either.
    Elbren (Paladin) - Priam (Warlock) - Pompeymagnus (Hunter) - Rahab (Shaman) - Ithillian (Druid) - Licinius (Mage) - Romulus (Warrior)

10+ Year Old Account

Fuck man. I guess I should check Twitter more often. He better find a job somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Robbyjawz View Post
    Marquis Grey, a UDFA played TE for us this offseason, he was a QB in college, not sure where. But they guy was making strides, I am actually pissed that he was Waived rather than Celek. Celek has shit for hands, Grey was starting to get much better at blocking, if he gets picked up by someone and we can't PS him, I am going to be pissed. I also want Chuck Jacobs on the PS for certain.
    celek is the softest TE in the NFL. he's slow, doesn't seem strong for someone who weighs 260lbs and makes a lot of mistakes in the middle of the field. 6 of vick's INTs last year hit celek's hands first

Quote Originally Posted by schicklgruber View Post
    celek is the softest TE in the NFL. he's slow, doesn't seem strong for someone who weighs 260lbs and makes a lot of mistakes in the middle of the field. 6 of vick's INTs last year hit celek's hands first
    Bears had the worst starting TE in the league last season. I dont care how soft Celek is, hes miles above Kellen Davis. Good riddance

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibjabb View Post
    Bears had the worst starting TE in the league last season. I dont care how soft Celek is, hes miles above Kellen Davis. Good riddance
    Bennett is going to be such an enormous upgrade over Davis. The Bears offense could be seriously good this year.