Deleted

Best spec 5.4 PvE

Hi guys, simple question - what spec will be best for 5.4 PvE?

Are you asking which druid spec will be best? The tuning still isn't done, there might be changes post-patch etc. If you want to tank, I'd reckon Guardian would be the better option, Restoration for healing, Balance for ranged DPS and Feral for melee DPS.

I'm sorry, but I'm having a hard time trying to give you a serious answer.
    "Such insolence... such arrogance... must be PUNISHED!"

There is no other answer. The only partially meaningful compare could be made between Feral and Balance as far as DPS is concerned, but even then you're comparing a melee spec with a ranged. For druid it always gets down to what you want to play and not what spec is "better".
    Your rights as a consumer begin and end at the point where you choose not to consume, and not where you yourself influence the consumed goods.

Translation: if you don't like a game don't play it.

Deleted
    Flamebait /thread!

Deleted
    Ohhh i see my title is misleading, i meant what DPS spec will be best!

Well, i play both melee and ranged, i just have my druid as my alt, which i will be doing SoO alt runs on free nights from guild.
    - Therefore, i don't care if melee or ranged is better. I just wanna know which one is.. I can play both specs at same level, but i have always been a guy who plays what is best, even though i don't like it (i do like both specs though) and this is a Feral vs Balance.
    Last edited by mmocc81b3c8690; 2013-09-01 at 01:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ripfull View Post
    Well, i play both melee and ranged, i just have my druid as my alt, which i will be doing SoO alt runs on free nights from guild.
    - Therefore, i don't care if melee or ranged is better. I just wanna know which one is.. I can play both specs at same level, but i have always been a guy who plays what is best, even though i don't like it (i do like both specs though) and this is a Feral vs Balance.
    It's still way too early to tell. However, as most fights tend to favour ranged DPS rather than melee (and having more ranged tends to work better), and also the utility you bring as balance might be a bit higher (NS + Rebirth, HotW tranq and the potential for a 100% rebirth/40 yards stampeding roar due to glyphs being less mandatory), you might wanna consider going balance.
    "Such insolence... such arrogance... must be PUNISHED!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zareth View Post
    It's still way too early to tell. However, as most fights tend to favour ranged DPS rather than melee (and having more ranged tends to work better), and also the utility you bring as balance might be a bit higher (NS + Rebirth, HotW tranq and the potential for a 100% rebirth/40 yards stampeding roar due to glyphs being less mandatory), you might wanna consider going balance.
    On the other hand Boomkins severely lack aoe utility for large (7+ mobs) spread-out (10-15yds) groups which is impossible for them to even dps without any T15/T16 set bonuses. So if you're going to be playing a slightly under-geared dps, I'd advise playing a feral with HotW instead. Of course it depends on whether your alt runs are 10man or 25man since they both bring different raid buffs/debuffs.

The only thing that will keep it close is Rune or Reorigination being broken for Feral. Feral scales terribly and balance scales great. Once Feral gets past the point of having enough combo points they continually fall behind due to Blizzard's unwillingness to make Ferocious Bite decent because of PvP. Also they are the only DoT class whose DoTs aren't effected by haste. From a utility standpoint they are near the bottom. HotW got nerfed to ueslessness for anything than other than an 8 minute Tranq. If you don't take HotW Feral has virtually no utility at all in MoP. A far cry from the days of the most versatile spec in the game. Really the only reason to play Feral in PvE anymore is if you love the rotation. Feral will probably get buffed in 5.5 but I would not recommend it in 5.4, especially for an alt that is unlikely to have RoR.
    Last edited by teddabear; 2013-09-01 at 10:43 PM.