Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haven2011 View Post
    Actually it's up to lore team to right the story. Then the design teams have to build it. So really up to Chris Metzen if he want a demon hunter then we will have one same for a tinker
    Its pretty clear that the design team removed the Demon Hunter from class contention a long time ago. The lack of a DH class in TBC, the movement of DH abilities to the Warlock class, GCs tweet, and the Monk class taking the last leather slot confirms that.

It's never happening folks. Ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Its pretty clear that the design team removed the Demon Hunter from class contention a long time ago.

It's never happening folks. Ever.
    Once again. You're not blizzard. Give up. The sooner you accept that, the less of a chance of they find you hanging in your closet come blizzcon.

Quote Originally Posted by Simulatio View Post
    A handful of people nut-busting about it on various forums does not equal popularity, and popularity does not equal good design.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stonecloak View Post
    I hope you understand the word whimsical, because its basically saying overimaginative and unrealistic. I do not understand how you still have hope after that. That's like in the movie dumb and dumber when the girl tells Carey he has a one in a million chance to date her, and he fist pumps. Sorry if your clinging to the idea so much, but maybe you fashioned it too amazing and are getting a reality check.
    I'm always amazed how many people can't read the last part of that tweet. It's like your brains turn off right after you read the word "whimsical" and miss the three words that come right after he says that.

Oh, and he does say "might be too whimsical", not "too whimsical".

I'm always amazed how many people can't read the last part of that tweet. It's like your brains turn off right after you read the word "whimsical" and miss the three words that come right after he says that.
    Depends on how its treated, doesnt mean its coming. A dh implementation would depend on the treatment. Just like any other hero from wc3 lol. This is fun.

A handful of people nut-busting about it on various forums does not equal popularity, and popularity does not equal good design.

The sheer popularity of, and demand for, a Demon Hunter class means it will never be out of contention. Blizzard is a business.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sukhoi View Post
    Depends on how its treated, doesnt mean its coming. A dh implementation would depend on the treatment. Just like any other hero from wc3 lol. This is fun.
    "Depends on how its treated" implies that Tinker implementation depends entirely on its theme at time of implementation. The DH issue is an issue of severe overlap. You need to remove DKs, Warriors, Warlocks, and Hunters to make design room for DHs in the game,

Which seems more likely to you?

"Depends on how its treated" implies that Tinker implementation depends entirely on its theme at time of implementation. The DH issue is an issue of severe overlap. You need to remove DKs, Warriors, Warlocks, and Hunters to make design room for DHs in the game,

Which seems more likely to you?
    You dont need to remove anything. There wasnt design room for monks or death knights and they both happened lol.

Im getting off track here. Like i said, all a matter of opinion.

Oh, now we have to remove entire classes to make a Demon Hunter? But Rogues can get a "Rogue version of Blink" no problem?

Historical tidbit, though this will probably be too fact-based for Teriz's liking: Rogues didn't get Shadowstep until "The Burning Crusade", and Warlocks didn't get Demonic Circle until "Wrath of the Lich King." Displacer Beat didn't show up until "Mists of Pandaria". Yet adding these "short-range teleport" abilities to classes that didn't previously have them didn't cause Blizzard to remove Mages from the game.
    Last edited by Cooper; 2013-09-02 at 12:01 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You dont need to remove anything. There wasnt design room for monks or death knights and they both happened lol.
    Actually there was plenty design room for both. There was no martial arts, bare fisted class. There was also a need for another full hybrid. Monks fit right in. With Death Knighs there was no dark magical knight class, and no Necromancer/undead class. Additionally there needed to be another plate class. DKs fit right in.

There's no such opening for DHs.

Oh, and he does say "might be too whimsical", not "too whimsical".
    Not convinced that means leaving the door open. "Would depend on the treatment" doesn't seem to cancel out the impression in his first sentence, and the might be that you mention portrays a bit of restraint on his part to embrace. I'm looking at this objectively as well. I am not for or against this idea.

Actually there was plenty design room for both. There was no martial arts, bare fisted class. There was also a need for another full hybrid. Monks fit right in. With Death Knighs there was no dark magical knight class, and no Necromancer/undead class. Additionally there needed to be another plate class. DKs fit right in.

There's no such opening for DHs.
    There's no dual wielding fel magic user. Whee. I actually read somewhere from a blue they thought of shaman goblins as tinkers. The lightning bolts were a device that shot lightning. Lava burst was a flame thrower. The totems were turrets, and mechanisms that did different shit. So. In my opinion, no room for tinker.

There's no dual wielding fel magic user. Whee. I actually read somewhere from a blue they thought of shaman goblins as tinkers. The lightning bolts were a device that shot lightning. Lava burst was a flame thrower. The totems were turrets, and mechanisms that did different shit. So. In my opinion, no room for tinker.
    Beyond dual-wielding fel magic-user, there's also not a dual-wielding tank. There's also not a melee class that uses Fire and Arcane abilities, or Fire and Shadow. There's nothing like a Sith Assassin in-game, or Nightblade, or Disciple of Khaine, all of which could serve as a basic template for a Demon Hunter class to greater or lesser degrees.
    Last edited by Cooper; 2013-09-02 at 12:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    Beyond dual-wielding fel magic-user, there's also not a dual-wielding tank. There's also not a melee class that uses Fire and Arcane abilities, or Fire and Shadow. There's nothing like a Sith Assassin in-game, or Nightblade, or Disciple of Khaine, all of which could serve as a basic template for a Demon Hunter class to greater or lesser degrees.
    Brewmaster. But like gc said, classes depend on the implementation. Could be like a mage, pure dps with arcane/fire/shadow dps. Could be hybrid. Tank/dps/dps. Could be the first multi-range class. Tank/melee/range. Depends on its treatment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    Oh, now we have to remove entire classes to make a Demon Hunter? But Rogues can get a "Rogue version of Blink" no problem?
    Yes, because creating a Rogue version of Blink isn't the same as creating an entirely new class whose entire structure purposely overlaps with existing classes.

Historical tidbit, though this will probably be too fact-based for Teriz's liking: Rogues didn't get Shadowstep until "The Burning Crusade", and Warlocks didn't get Demonic Circle until "Wrath of the Lich King." Displacer Beat didn't show up until "Mists of Pandaria". Yet adding these "short-range teleport" abilities to classes that didn't previously have them didn't cause Blizzard to remove Mages from the game.
    Again, existing classes sharing similar abilities isn't the same as introducing a class that has design overlap with existing classes

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stonecloak View Post
    Not convinced that means leaving the door open. "Would depend on the treatment" doesn't seem to cancel out the impression in his first sentence, and the might be that you mention portrays a bit of restraint on his part to embrace. I'm looking at this objectively as well. I am not for or against this idea.
    Actually that last portion does leave the door open. As does subsequent twitter posts on the topic that expands GCs thoughts on the topic. The DH has too much overlap. The Bard is too soft for WoW. The Tinker works as long as its implemented in the correct manner.

That door is wide open.

Actually that last portion does leave the door open. As does subsequent twitter posts on the topic that expands GCs thoughts on the topic. The DH has too much overlap. The Bard is too soft for WoW. The Tinker is too whimsical for wow.

That door is wide open.
    I fixed your quote for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    I fixed your quote for you.
    Except that wasn't the tweet.

Oh, and here's some more tweets;

Greg Street ‏@Ghostcrawler 1h

@NathanielCraver I've said before it depends on the treatment. Too easy for that class to be too wacky or precious.

@NathanielCraver A more steampunk vibe sounds cool to me. A dude in a mech having misfires that poop out springs and gears less so.

@NathanielCraver I don't know. Lucca from Chrono Trigger could work. A little bit of gnomish (tee hee) world enlarger goes a long way IMO.

@NathanielCraver But maybe one of the designers will come up with a pitch perfect design that blows us away someday. Shrug.

Except that wasn't the tweet.
    "@JimmyMusicBox Not sure. Might be a little too whimsical for WoW."

Lol it certainly was.

Yes, because creating a Rogue version of Blink isn't the same as creating an entirely new class whose entire structure purposely overlaps with existing classes.

Again, existing classes sharing similar abilities isn't the same as introducing a class that has design overlap with existing classes

- - - Updated - - -

Actually that last portion does leave the door open. As does subsequent twitter posts on the topic that expands GCs thoughts on the topic. The DH has too much overlap. The Bard is too soft for WoW. The Tinker works as long as its implemented in the correct manner.

That door is wide open.
    Well I see it as a political statement. In other words he was like "no", but then threw in "but nice idea" wink, double thumbs up.

Are we still dancing to this tune?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Victorias View Post
    Are we still dancing to this tune?
    Also read the bottom of my sig..
    Oh lawd
    Stating an opinion as fact does not make it fact. Opinions are not fact. So don't be stupid and make a fool of yourself by trying to pass off your opinion as fact.

Brewmaster. But like gc said, classes depend on the implementation. Could be like a mage, pure dps with arcane/fire/shadow dps. Could be hybrid. Tank/dps/dps. Could be the first multi-range class. Tank/melee/range. Depends on its treatment.
    Brewmaster technically can, statistically speaking, but they don't do it visually or thematically. It's still unarmed combat most of the time.

Based on what's been written for the prestige class in D&D and such, tank/melee dps/ranged dps is perfectly viable, although tank/melee (fire)/melee (arcane or shadow) would probably be more likely.