10+ Year Old Account
    Garret Celek, his little brother. Still abhorrent at blocking though. And his drops were just turrible. Turrible, turrible, turrible.
    VanCleef wants you! Join the Defias Brotherhood and hang out on a yacht all day!

10+ Year Old Account
    If Aaron Rodgers goes down this year the Packers are done, after allready having a silly offseason in terms of backup QB's they now signed Seneca Wallace and dropped the previous back up.

I know the Packers would be screwed with any back up instead of Rodgers, but what they have now is almost negligent, I feel.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    If Aaron Rodgers goes down this year the Packers are done, after allready having a silly offseason in terms of backup QB's they now signed Seneca Wallace and dropped the previous back up.

I know the Packers would be screwed with any back up instead of Rodgers, but what they have now is almost negligent, I feel.
    I'm still surprised Vince Young got cut. He wasn't "terrible" in the preseason and he still has potential to be a decent NFL backup. Its too bad he let his personal stuff get in the way of his talent. He could have been real good.

10+ Year Old Account
    its too bad his talent doesn't involve reading defenses or making consistent accurate passes

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    its too bad his talent doesn't involve reading defenses or making consistent accurate passes
    He wasn't that bad a couple years in Tennessee. In 2007 he was in the top half of starting QBs for completion percentage. He also had 17 INTs that year despite his decent percentage so...

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn, with the Jets having Geno and the Raiders taking a chance on Pryor I have no idea anymore which terrible team will take Manziel next year.

That guy looks to be the anti-thesis of Tebow, but with similar career results from the little I've seen. xD

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn, with the Jets having Geno and the Raiders taking a chance on Pryor I have no idea anymore which terrible team will take Manziel next year.

That guy looks to be the anti-thesis of Tebow, but with similar career results from the little I've seen. xD
    Yeah, no. Manziel will have a marginally good season, party hard core afterwards or even during, and fall to the 5th round where he'll maybe be a starter until he gets caught betting on games or something stupid.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Yeah, no. Manziel will have a marginally good season, party hard core afterwards or even during, and fall to the 5th round where he'll maybe be a starter until he gets caught betting on games or something stupid.
    That's the only thing that matters. If he does have a marginal season, then of course he will fall. But if he puts up another season like he did his freshmen year (off to good start) then he'll go early - despite the fact that he'll be partying non stop.

Personally I think he's too small, but everyone said that about Russell Wilson too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    That's the only thing that matters. If he does have a marginal season, then of course he will fall. But if he puts up another season like he did his freshmen year (off to good start) then he'll go early - despite the fact that he'll be partying non stop.

Personally I think he's too small, but everyone said that about Russell Wilson too.
    Look at Geno Smith. Projected to be first round QB, and then EJ Manual was drafted before him because of the dirt that was dug up.

Manziel wont fall down to the 5th round, that was an exaggeration. I can see him being 2nd or 3rd round.

Oh, and Matt Flynn blew another starting job. Oakland will start Pryor.

10+ Year Old Account
    kk so before the season starts let's get some predictions in.

Here's the list:

Defensive Rookie of the year

Offensive Rookie of the year

Defensive player of the year

Offensive player of the year

MVP

First Seed AFC

First Seed NFC

Superbowl Winner

I'm going with:

DRotY = Tyrann Mathieu

ORotY = Giovanni Bernard (giving him the nod over Lacy cause he's on my fantasy team )

DPotY = Luke Kuechly (after seeing what he did last year + pre season, I think this guy can be special this year.)

OPotY = Drew Brees (Tough one. I'm guessing it might be Brees cause I think the Saints defense will put them in some holes he needs to guide them out of)

MVP = I have no clue. Literally none. I have half a dozen players that could be it (all QB's) but it all depends on how well their season plays out, and how much support they get. (as an example: Brady without Gronk for 6 weeks and still putting up big numbers and leading the Pats to a division title is much more impressive then Brady with Gronkowski back week 2 and performing like he's never been away for the rest of the year)

First Seed AFC = Houston Texans

First Seed NFC = SF 49'ers

Superbowl winner = Seattle Seahawks

Lemme explain why 49'ers get the first seed but not the title, I think the Seahawks get better as the year goes on adn they get people back from injuries/suspensions. They have the superior attack to the 49'ers when everyone is there, and their defense is not appreciably worse. They'll start slow and get rolling during the year, missing out on the division crown and a good seed, but in the end taking home the Lombardi Trophy.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll take Tavon Austin for offensive rookie. Denver gets the 1 seed in the AFC, and makes the Super Bowl. Might as well split the gap again from last year, Peyton Manning and Adrian Peterson split the offensive player and MVP awards ( i know last year it was MVP and comeback, but still). Agree on defensive rookie.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ravens player out with undisclosed injury for season opener

Both coach and player are very vague about it. Player tweeted:

As many of you know i'm having personal health issues. Please respect my privacy. We as athlete's go through real life problems also.Thank..

I'm betting he's got some kind of STD. xD

10+ Year Old Account
    Defensive Rookie of the year Alec Ogletree

Offensive Rookie of the year Eddie Lacy

Defensive player of the year JJ Watt or Patrick Willis

Offensive player of the year Tony Gonzalez

MVP Tom Brady

First Seed AFC Denver

First Seed NFC Atlanta

Superbowl Winner New England

Also you're missing one, Comeback player of the year = RG3
    Last edited by Vetali; 2013-09-03 at 10:09 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also you're missing one, Comeback player of the year = RG3
    Oh yeah, and totally agree. He's a shoe in, even if he didn't actually miss any playing time.

10+ Year Old Account
    ORotY = Giovanni Bernard (giving him the nod over Lacy cause he's on my fantasy team )
    I disagree completely!

10+ Year Old Account
    He is missing Coach of the Year as well. I made my predictions on awards several pages back, but I didn't get to the seedings or the champion.

NFC #1: Atlanta. Their schedule is jsut rather easy in comparison to Seattle's or SF's. The AFCE and NFCW. They only have to play the teams from the NFCW one time, and their division has no defense to stop them from moving the ball at will.

AFC #1: Denver. The only really healthy team in the AFC that doesn't have someone who can compete with them in their own division.

Super Bowl Champs: San Francisco 49ers. (YAY HOMERISM!) They actually have a defense that can stop people, and actually looks stronger at WR/TE this year than last, even without Crabtree for the regular season. I don't see the slow starts that happened last year occurring with Kapernick actually having the starts from the get-go.
    VanCleef wants you! Join the Defias Brotherhood and hang out on a yacht all day!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Robbyjawz View Post
    He is missing Coach of the Year as well. I made my predictions on awards several pages back, but I didn't get to the seedings or the champion.

NFC #1: Atlanta. Their schedule is jsut rather easy in comparison to Seattle's or SF's. The AFCE and NFCW. They only have to play the teams from the NFCW one time, and their division has no defense to stop them from moving the ball at will.

AFC #1: Denver. The only really healthy team in the AFC that doesn't have someone who can compete with them in their own division.

Super Bowl Champs: San Francisco 49ers. (YAY HOMERISM!) They actually have a defense that can stop people, and actually looks stronger at WR/TE this year than last, even without Crabtree for the regular season. I don't see the slow starts that happened last year occurring with Kapernick actually having the starts from the get-go.
    Oh yeah coach of the year.

Uhhhh, Marvin Lewis. /shrug.

I couldn't pick the seahawks at all. I know their weaknesses, and they need to finish games defensively before I can pick them for anything. Otherwise it'll end up like the same as last seasons playoffs. Though, I'd say the Seahawks and 49ers are going to turn into freight trains at the end of the season. Especially if Harvin and Crabtree come back.

Deleted
    Oh yeah coach of the year.

Uhhhh, Marvin Lewis. /shrug.

I couldn't pick the seahawks at all. I know their weaknesses, and they need to finish games defensively before I can pick them for anything. Otherwise it'll end up like the same as last seasons playoffs. Though, I'd say the Seahawks and 49ers are going to turn into freight trains at the end of the season. Especially if Harvin and Crabtree come back.
    My money is on Kaepernick or Wilson getting injured for the later part of the season.

Heard it here first!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yilar View Post
    My money is on Kaepernick or Wilson getting injured for the later part of the season.

Heard it here first!
    After what Clay Matthews said today about the Packer's plan for handeling Kaeprnick week 1 that wouldn't surprise me. If more teams go for the tactic to just hit any QB leaving the pocket hard then there's going to be some ugly injuries eventually.

I understand the sentiment tbh. If you leave the pocket, and scramble and dodge tackles, then you deserve to get hit just as hard as a RB or WR doing the same. The effect on a QB that needs to be able to throw the ball is probably going to be different then on your typical player.