Page 1 of 3
LastLast

[Idea] How about blizz will allow the players to pick the new Warchief?

It could be part of the achievement for finishing the Siege of Orgrimmar, a 1 time chance to vote for the Warchief, and right befor patch 5.5 Blizz will collect the poll result's and the character that actualy got most of the votes from the horde becomes the new Warchief.

10+ Year Old Account
    No. This player base would go immediately for the most absurd choice just for the "lulz."

New warchief is named in 5.4 end cinematic. Anyway no. Any self respecting player would not want their warchief to be Basic Campfire. Unfortunately too many idiots would vote for it just because they could.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    No bloody chance in hell this should ever happen. Democracy barely works in the real world, it has no place in a video game.
    Guild Wars 2 did it.

Blizzard just needs to have a few legitimate, serious options (only 2-3), and develop the story for each of them in the event they get selected. However, that's a lot of development time for 2 things that will never be used and that only one faction gets to participate in.

Deleted
    No, fanboys would instantly vote for Sylvanas.

It could be an interesting twist allowing the players to choose how the game continues or atleast patch 5.5, nothing to dramatic but it does give players a sense that they do have some sort of control over the game.

How many fanboy's usually finish end game content? (not lfr)

Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    Guild Wars 2 did it.

Blizzard just needs to have a few options (only 2-3), and develop the story for each of them in the event they get selected. However, that's a lot of development time for 2 things that will never be used and that only one faction gets to participate in.
    Guild Wars 2 did a lot of things that didn't pan out.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I sort of like the concept but since I don't trust the majority of players to make design choices, I agree there is no way it would work and I definitely don't see Blizzard going for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    No. This player base would go immediately for the most absurd choice just for the "lulz."
    Simple solution: No absurd choices.

10+ Year Old Account
    No way. I don't want the story turning into "Choose Your Own Adventure". The game already features that.

I'm the player. Not the writer.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulDok View Post
    No, fanboys would instantly vote for Sylvanas.
    And that's wrong because?

No way! Players should not have influence on such things.

The vast majority of this community has no idea about the lore of this game, so it is a terrible idea.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    Guild Wars 2 did it.

Blizzard just needs to have a few legitimate, serious options (only 2-3), and develop the story for each of them in the event they get selected. However, that's a lot of development time for 2 things that will never be used and that only one faction gets to participate in.
    They did? That sounds kind of cool really.

And could work out, with as you say, 2-3 serious option with good stories and reasons to why they would be warchief etc. Would be fun and let the players actually do something interactive. : >

Guild Wars 2 isn't wow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    Guild Wars 2 did a lot of things that didn't pan out.
    As far as I can tell, their vote didn't fail/ or not "pan out," and it was clearly something that was possible to be done.
    Could you expand on how, in this case, GW2 is different enough from Warcraft that implementing some sort of vote is imposable in Warcraft? That was my point.

However, if you read the rest of my post, you'll see that I say it wouldn't work for WoW because they need to focus their development time. I can expand on that by saying that GW2 is more personal-story driven, so it's a better medium for giving players individual input. Warcraft is more character-story driven, where the NPCs are the focus.
    Last edited by Daetur; 2013-09-02 at 06:35 PM.

The system itself should not be that hard to implement it actually already is after you speak to a GM and need to rate his service after,
    And like Daetur they can give a very few options that are all serious and the storyline would not be effected that mutch,
    The thing is, I see alot of players that are really dreaded from the option that some viable character would be the Warchief one that they do not think should be the Warchief, I think this would benefit everyone especially the fact that only players that finish the content (not lfr) get to pick.

It wouldn't work because all the fanbois would make dozens of toons just to vote for Sylvanas because she has a huge rack and likes to show it off, who is arguably the worst choice for a leader of the Horde.
    Yes, exactly. The main difference why it would possibly work for GW2 and not for WoW is because WoW does not have the same community as GW2.

It wouldn't work because all the fanbois would make dozens of toons just to vote for Sylvanas because she has a huge rack and likes to show it off, who is arguably the worst choice for a leader of the Horde.
    Did you also miss the part where I said that they would need to only include 2-3 serious, viable options in order to this to be possible? None of those is likely to be Sylvanas. GW2, which did set the precedent for "playerbase voting to select a new leader" only included 2 options to choose between, both of whom made sense to the story, and they were prepared to continue the story with either of those characters at the helm. IF Warcraft were to make a vote like this work, they would have to do it by following GW2's example, because otherwise, the playerbase is going to troll the everliving hell out of the proceedings.
    Last edited by Daetur; 2013-09-02 at 06:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    New warchief is named in 5.4 end cinematic. Anyway no. Any self respecting player would not want their warchief to be Basic Campfire. Unfortunately too many idiots would vote for it just because they could.
    Hey! Just compare where the Horde would be right now if we Basic Campfire supporters had won out over the Garrosh lickspittles!
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

No, it'll mean more work for Blizzard.

Then make votes tied to accounts.