Leveling from 1-60, MP10, or MP0?

Generally I have no issue with mp10, but it takes slightly longer to kill mobs and I may have to kill a boss or two.

Currently I'm level 26, and I'm on the quest in Act 2, The black soulstone.

Now this seems to completely dominate my demon hunter/monk, who are well into act 3.

When I leveled my barb I beat normal mode about 2 days after release, and that was the end of it. I never really came back until my friend got it, and powered me to 60.

So I don't really know what the best way of leveling.

I don't really have alot of whats considered leveling gear, but I have alot of decent experience+ kill gear.

I like both, but my main reward is the end game obviously with inferno and having that prize of the ding and having a new rune or spell to play with, basically a new toy.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    1-60 you do MP10 however fucking the prices to do those have been sky rocketing stupid high granted I have infinite gold but still from what I understood everyone is leveling there D off atm for the sake of RoS if you can't do MP10 It's not really a problem just do the normal grind

So in short if you can buy or have the gear to do MP 10 within those normal nightmare the fuckever do so yeah you will level pretty fast now if you have shit gear and can't kill those things in a matter of a few hits lower it until you do so. You want flawless efficiency

Well, from my experience, very rarely has it felt like it wasn't 'worth it' to be on MP10 while leveling if you can survive. Being able to focus fire the main story and get more than enough exp without side dungeons and events is good if you're goal is to just get to 60. The time you save from skipping those is definitely better if you're main goal is endgame and not to 'tarry' while leveling.

Alright, I wanted to make sure. I don't really do the whole powerleveling theme where I ask or pay someone to do so. Not like my barb (my friend offered :3)

I still find it enjoyable to at least do the campaign at its pace, but still reach 60 within reasonable time.

Mah, if you look for challenge, go MP10. If you want it done fast, MP0 is the best way.

From my experience, playing at MP0 makes me ding level 60 halfway act 3 on hell difficulty. Also, you need to complete hell anyway before unlocking inferno, being 60 one act before or even an entire difficulty level doesn't change much.

MP5 is a good sweet spot anyway - not too difficult and you get some pretty bonuses. With new patch since legendaries will be more interesting and drop more often, leveling at high MP will be slightly better than now.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    not the fastest but I just leveled a monk 1-60 in like 11 hrs on saturday, no hellfire ring, used cains set and 23 percent xp gem in helm along with a leorics signet and almost all public games. i did a mix of mp0 and mp10 on normal then did mostly mp0 nightmare and hell.

I think the best way would be to get your friend to power you again on mp10, if he's a witchdoctor they are insane with insect swarm keep depths 2.

1-9 normal leveling, no ah, bought some stuff from vendor like 7.7 dps weapons.
    10 - Balance 2h daibo legendary with a socket + radiant star ruby
    10-42 kept updating weapons usually went for high dex rolls
    42 bought a -18 reduced level req weapon
    45 bought a -15 reduced level req weapon with 3k life after kill
    50 replaced the cains gear with real gear, upgraded all gear to ilvl 50-60ish and got about 3k thorns dmg and a madstone with 2.5 spirit regen, used tempest rush to "speed run" acts 1-4 on hell, dinged 60 on act 4 in silver spire 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Mah, if you look for challenge, go MP10. If you want it done fast, MP0 is the best way.

From my experience, playing at MP0 makes me ding level 60 halfway act 3 on hell difficulty. Also, you need to complete hell anyway before unlocking inferno, being 60 one act before or even an entire difficulty level doesn't change much.

MP5 is a good sweet spot anyway - not too difficult and you get some pretty bonuses. With new patch since legendaries will be more interesting and drop more often, leveling at high MP will be slightly better than now.
    Ok I'll give that a try. I'm level 29 normal act 3 X_X

My monk/DH are 26/27 and well into act 3 =/

just use the hellfire ring and keep the weapon at decent levels and you can lvl 1-60 on MP 10 in less than 10 hours, the hellfire ring is OP as the fire ball will one shot groups of mobs whenever it procs and hits as well as the ring giving a massive dmg boost by the stats alone.

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    just use the hellfire ring and keep the weapon at decent levels and you can lvl 1-60 on MP 10 in less than 10 hours, the hellfire ring is OP as the fire ball will one shot groups of mobs whenever it procs and hits as well as the ring giving a massive dmg boost by the stats alone.
    I don't have the $$$ for that unfortunately.

- - - Updated - - -

I went to see if theres any updated price for the hellfire rings, and theres literally none on the AH. I checked on 2 toons, my 29 witch doctor, and my 60 barb. Nothing. Am I missing something, or is it just me?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Angarin View Post
    I don't have the $$$ for that unfortunately.

- - - Updated - - -

I went to see if theres any updated price for the hellfire rings, and theres literally none on the AH. I checked on 2 toons, my 29 witch doctor, and my 60 barb. Nothing. Am I missing something, or is it just me?
    They're BoA.

Shows how much of a noob I am, I guess they're account bound.

After not playing for a while, I'm currently leveling my barbarian solely on MP10, he's level 59 right now.
    It's pretty doable and I enjoy it quite a bit actually - so many items that drop! lovely.
    I would suggest to do it at the pace you find most relaxing!

Mhm, I actually have no idea what to do in regards of MP and inferno difficulty > .>

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mifuyne View Post
    Mhm, I actually have no idea what to do in regards of MP and inferno difficulty > .>
    Your not the only 1 with that problem. Any MP on inferno right now is fair game. Don't really matter what you do 1 - 10. I play 10 because I seem to get lucky with drops and it makes me feel like I am playing/enjoying the game a lot more.

I have a friend that just plays MP1 so he can use the skills and items he really wants to use (etc. He wears demon skin armor set, Firewalkers and a Maximus ) Sometimes we go half in half and do runs on MP5. It's all about what you enjoy.
    " The fear of God is the beginning of Wisdom, Therefore he who has no fear of god has no wisdom "
    People saying we are in the end-times really don't know anything. Such as there's going to be 7 years of world peace before it happens and as long as china and russia are still a thing its safe to say its not going to happen anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Mifuyne View Post
    After not playing for a while, I'm currently leveling my barbarian solely on MP10, he's level 59 right now.
    It's pretty doable and I enjoy it quite a bit actually - so many items that drop! lovely.
    I would suggest to do it at the pace you find most relaxing!

Well lets put it this way, a fresh 60 can't touch MP10...

I jumped into a game, mp10 for giggles on my paragon 2 barb, was in survivable build, full heal, basically immortal, or so I thought, lasted awhile, but only dropped the mobs to about 95% health...

=/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Strange, I always complete a difficulty setting a few levels below the cap. Meaning I have to do a boring XP grind before I can continue on higher difficulty setting. Very annoying. I wish they'd remove the level requirement for higher difficulty settings, if you have the gear to do it then why should some stupid imaginary lvl stop you from continuing?

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    Strange, I always complete a difficulty setting a few levels below the cap. Meaning I have to do a boring XP grind before I can continue on higher difficulty setting. Very annoying. I wish they'd remove the level requirement for higher difficulty settings, if you have the gear to do it then why should some stupid imaginary lvl stop you from continuing?
    Its just following the trend from d2.

Good to know though, I'll do hell on mp5 or something higher so I can ding 60 as soon as I finish act 4 or right before and jump right into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    It's probably either cain set, hellfire ring or ruby in the head. Or all of them at once.

The fastest way of leveling solo is running nonstop on MP0, oneshoting packs around you and never stopping to finish off solo monsters.
    By doing so you usually kill monsters 2-5 levels above you and xp/hour is the highest.

I did it quite a lot of times on hardcore and always reached lvl60 in the end of act3.

Playng on MP10 is fun. But if you want to level fast it's a waste of time.
    You get more xp for killing one elite pack on mp0 hell then you get for clearing the whole normal difficulty on mp10.
    MP5-10 normal/nightmare is neither challenging nor good for solo leveling.

Well it is with the right builds and buying the best stuff from the AH , because then mp 10 mobs are like mp0 mobs for you and that is how you lvl in 2-3 hours to max.

Quote Originally Posted by Executia View Post
    Well it is with the right builds and buying the best stuff from the AH , because then mp 10 mobs are like mp0 mobs for you and that is how you lvl in 2-3 hours to max.
    It's not about mp10 and cool expensive gear. It's about how good you are at lying. If anyone told you that he was able to level to 60 in 2 hours without being boosted just punch him in the face.
    To reach lvl60 in 2 hours you need to beat 10 acts in 2 hours. It's 12 minutes per act.

You need someone to boost you or at least open new acts for you to be able to lvl to 60 in 2 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by traen View Post
    It's not about mp10 and cool expensive gear. It's about how good you are at lying. If anyone told you that he was able to level to 60 in 2 hours without being boosted just punch him in the face.
    To reach lvl60 in 2 hours you need to beat 10 acts in 2 hours. It's 12 minutes per act.

You need someone to boost you or at least open new acts for you to be able to lvl to 60 in 2 hours.
    I have to agree with this post. No amount of gear soloing can get you to 60 in 3 hours, maybe not even 5 hours on mp10. On mp0 even, 5 hours is extremely pushing it.