Thread: Tinker Class

Page 7 of 63 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Yes that's what we call a rhetorical question. In other words a question asked merely for effect with no answer expected. You can tell that's the case because he then proceeds to list the classes that DHs overlap with.

Unless you actually believe that GC doesnt know the answer, and was actually looking for an answer from the community.

Yeah, GC didn't say that. You got the wrong guy.
    Regardless, Blizzard did. These guys are all higher ups, generally speaking a successful company like blizzard is going to have a plan around communications, and a strategy for things like Twitter.

cant these threads just end? its a terrible idea and its not going to happen. i want to punch a kitten every time i see this Teriz guy post about it.. i wish teriz would somehow be banned so there wouldnt need to be a million tinker threads all the time

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kensim View Post
    Regardless, Blizzard did. These guys are all higher ups, generally speaking a successful company like blizzard is going to have a plan around communications, and a strategy for things like Twitter.
    Absolutely, and its pretty clear from that communication that DHs have no available design space because Warriors, Warlocks, Hunters, and DKs are already in the game.

The Tinker tweets on the other hand were far more positive.

Absolutely, and its pretty clear from that communication that DHs have no available design space because Warriors, Warlocks, Hunters, and DKs are already in the game.

The Tinker tweets on the other hand were far more positive.
    In your ridiculously bias opinion. Personally I think it is pretty meaningless either way for either proposed idea. Unlike you I know the difference between an opinion and a fact.

Also, before you start re-quoting me all your "facts" for the millionth time, save everyone some time and realize you are taking basic facts and making unsupported leaps, to come to a phantom answer. We get it, you are a fan of an idea, you have opinions, and an inability to communicate things appropriately...not to mention a healthy dose of delusion mixed with a keg full of insecurity.

10+ Year Old Account
    In your ridiculously bias opinion. Personally I think it is pretty meaningless either way for either proposed idea. Unlike you I know the difference between an opinion and a fact.

Also, before you start re-quoting me all your "facts" for the millionth time, save everyone some time and realize you are taking basic facts and making unsupported leaps, to come to a phantom answer. We get it, you are a fan of an idea, you have opinions, and an inability to communicate things appropriately...not to mention a healthy dose of delusion mixed with a keg full of insecurity.
    Actually its not opinion, its simple logic. Since clearly that was a rhetorical question.

As for everything else, keep in mind that those tweets from GC regarding the Tinker completely support the points I made here;

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...t-class-in-WoW

Btw, if you don't wish to discuss the topic, don't respond to the topic.

Quote Originally Posted by snackfeat View Post
    cant these threads just end? its a terrible idea and its not going to happen. i want to punch a kitten every time i see this Teriz guy post about it.. i wish teriz would somehow be banned so there wouldnt need to be a million tinker threads all the time
    Report his posts every time he intentionally and maliciously claims that Ghostcrawler, or any other WoW dev for that matter, said something that they didn't actually say.

For the record, here is Ghostcrawler's actual tweet (https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...292543741952):

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    Is there enough design space there not occupied by DK, warlock, hunter, warrior?
    Not "Demon Hunters will never happen ever" or "There is too much overlap for demon hunters to happen" or anything else that Teriz claims Ghostcrawler said. And as it has been shown to him MANY TIMES now that Ghostcrawler did not say what Teriz claims he said, it can only be that Teriz is deliberately and with malice aforethought putting words into Ghostcrawler's mouth, and he won't stop until somebody forces him to do so.

Actually its not opinion, its simple logic. Since clearly that was a rhetorical question.

As for everything else, keep in mind that those tweets from GC regarding the Tinker completely support the points I made here;

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...t-class-in-WoW

Btw, if you don't wish to discuss the topic, don't respond to the topic.
    Rhetorical questions can create options for discussion and/or discovery. You attempt to spin everything to support your opinion. Simple logic dictates it would be asinine to assume anything from Blizzard, since you have no more knowledge than the rest of us.

Also how does your idea of a WC3 based WoW Tinker class benefit from the comments, he pretty much said that the WC3 implementation is too whimsical for a class, and that a wholly different flavor of a tech class would need to be designed. In essence nullifying your initial idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rhetorical questions can create options for discussion and/or discovery. You attempt to spin everything to support your opinion. Simple logic dictates it would be asinine to assume anything from Blizzard, since you have no more knowledge than the rest of us.
    But not in this case, because the answer is pretty obvious. Also we don't just have GCs tweet, we also have Blizzard's design decisions since TBC that back up exactly what that tweet says. Again, he mentioned the classes that overlapped with DHs. All we need to do is look at those classes, compare them to a DH class concept, and draw a conclusion.

The conclusion is that there isn't design space for a DH class.

Also how does your idea of a WC3 based WoW Tinker class benefit from the comments, he pretty much said that the WC3 implementation is too whimsical for a class, and that a wholly different flavor of a tech class would need to be designed. In essence nullifying your initial idea.
    My initial idea has always been a technology class in WoW. As long as its implemented, I really don't care what form it takes. I'm sure Blizzard will make it awesome regardless, just like the Monk class.

Quote Originally Posted by Gobra View Post
    I've seen tons of people recently say how if we get a new class it will "most likely be the Tinker" So, I was wondering is there any actual evidence? Other than we don't have a "tech" class, and people really want one? It seems to be the way it goes on the forums, a couple people get an idea, they throw their opinion as fact, then some people foolishly believe it and start spreading it, So I was curious is there any evidence this time around to what I keep seeing?
    Teriz does a great job of laying the evidence for why there could be a tinker class in the future.

I see that Teriz has already made his way into the thread.
    Last edited by mmines; 2013-09-03 at 12:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mmines View Post
    Teriz does a great job of laying the evidence for why there could be a tinker class in the future.
    Only if you have absolutely no regard for honesty or objectivity.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    Only if you have absolutely no regard for honesty or objectivity.
    How so? What can be construed as dishonesty in his one post?

Let me rephrase this question. Can you refute his five points in his post? The only thing is I think he missed that tinker would be the only class that wouldn't fit the expansions themes.
    Last edited by mmines; 2013-09-03 at 12:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    Report his posts every time he intentionally and maliciously claims that Ghostcrawler, or any other WoW dev for that matter, said something that they didn't actually say.

For the record, here is Ghostcrawler's actual tweet (https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...292543741952):

Not "Demon Hunters will never happen ever" or "There is too much overlap for demon hunters to happen" or anything else that Teriz claims Ghostcrawler said. And as it has been shown to him MANY TIMES now that Ghostcrawler did not say what Teriz claims he said, it can only be that Teriz is deliberately and with malice aforethought putting words into Ghostcrawler's mouth, and he won't stop until somebody forces him to do so.
    Actually he did. That's why no one has asked about Demon Hunters on twitter since. People took that tweet for exactly what it said; Not enough design space for a Demon Hunter class.

LoL@ trying to get someone banned for reiterating what a tweet said. Pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    It's just a cool concept and people grasping at straws, I honestly don't think it will ever really exist in WoW.

As for my dream class that I know will ever exist? ALCHEMIST! WOOOOOOOYEAAAAAAAAAH.
    Alchemist could be one of the specs for the tinker though probably not in the capacity that you were hoping for.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    wut? Why I have to be in denail for this? I am fine with both of them. Tinker's comment also sound like they haven't even consider it yet.
    But it doesn't SAY that they haven't. That's why I'm drawing the comparison with what they said about Pandaren. GC implied something...and he isn't bothering to correct YOUR assumptions. Just like the Pandaren - many players were utterly convinced Pandaren weren't coming, when Blizzard only implied they weren't working on in game Pandaren.

I'm not saying Tinkers will be the next class....but I do put "Not sure" "Might be too whimsical" "Depends on how it is done" and "But maybe one of the designers will come up with a pitch perfect design that blows us away someday" in the same category of denial as (paraphrasing) "Usually when we do Pandaren, we do them in novels and comics".

As I said before - what if "someday" was last year? What if "Depends on how it was done" means they've already designed a non-silly version?

There's nothing specific there either for Tinkers or against. Either for a new class next Xpac or against.

You are too obsessed with the class. Don't set yourself up to be disappointed if somehow the new class is not tinker or there's not even a new class next xpac.
    At this point in time, I don't think theres much call for a new class. Given the diminishing returns, Blizzard might have enough "oomph" for one more as a major feature. The problem is what what would replace it...since the DR problems also affect the idea of a new race.

EJL
    Last edited by Talen; 2013-09-03 at 01:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhamses View Post
    Actually he did. That's why no one has asked about Demon Hunters on twitter since. People took that tweet for exactly what it said; Not enough design space for a Demon Hunter class.

Its not just reiterating what a tweet said. Its passing his opinions as blizzards facts and portraying false ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Simulatio View Post
    A handful of people nut-busting about it on various forums does not equal popularity, and popularity does not equal good design.

I'm pretty sure he gets at least 10 tweets a day for them. He just doesn't answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Sukhoi View Post
    Its not just reiterating what a tweet said. Its passing his opinions as blizzards facts and portraying false ideas.
    I don't get what more facts do you guys need? You think Blizzard is going to put out another DW Melee class after putting out two DW Melee classes back to back? Despite the details, Demon Hunters don't add much new or different to the game. Even part of their name is used by a different class.

No surprise that tinkers won that forum poll. Its a better concept when you think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by mmines View Post
    How so? What can be construed as dishonesty in his one post?

Let me rephrase this question. Can you refute his five points in his post? The only thing is I think he missed that tinker would be the only class that wouldn't fit the expansions themes.
    His original post isn't so bad, though it is all speculative and not based on concrete evidence that "Tinker will be the next class." It's what comes after where he betrays himself as a lying, irrational zealot.

I don't get what more facts do you guys need? You think Blizzard is going to put out another DW Melee class after putting out two DW Melee classes back to back? Despite the details, Demon Hunters don't add much new or different to the game. Even part of their name is used by a different class.

No surprise that tinkers won that forum poll. Its a better concept when you think about it.
    Its all your opinion. But im not talking about that right now. Only a fanboy such as yourself could deny that teriz is portraying false info.

Quote Originally Posted by Simulatio View Post
    A handful of people nut-busting about it on various forums does not equal popularity, and popularity does not equal good design.

Quote Originally Posted by delus View Post
    I'm pretty sure he gets at least 10 tweets a day for them. He just doesn't answer.
    Maybe because he feels that he (and the game) already answered it?