Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lighto73 View Post
    Blood Elf checking in! I heard my racials were OP for PvE!!!

AWWW YISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

Going to faceroll some bosses with my AoE Silence!
    Indeed! /highfive
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

Why not mirror the racials? They're a little flavor but far from imbalanced, yet it's clear people have an issue with it. So why not just give mechanical copies of horde racials to the alliance and vice versa, just switch the names. Even it out.

If anyone cries about that homogenizing the game, let me know, I'll personally slap them in the face!

Deleted
    So they acknowledge that the Horde racials are stronger in PvE but instead of balancing, they take the RaceChange$$.

I see.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrispotter View Post
    Correlation does not = Cause and Effect.

More Horde guilds are killing shit.
    Did you think that maybe, more guilds that are horde are killing shit because those are the type of players that care more about raiding, so they go for better racials.
    Do you understand? It might not be that racials are OP, its that players who care enough to race change for racials, they are OP.
    thank you for helping us prove our point.
    http://www.twitch.tv/cheezy_123
    14/14H SoO <Divinity>

Alliance have human racial for PvP which is the best racial in the game. Horde get PvE. Alliance get PvP. Looks fair to me.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    The racials are OP, not only because of their mechanics, but because they initiated an ongoing exodus by skilled players to horde. If skilled players switch to horde, it entices their slightly less skilled friends to also switch. It has a snowball effect. Many of the best PVPers are horde, why do you think that's the case? Why do you think Reckful switched to horde when he knew it would gimp him mechanically in PVP? Because PVPers like him feel compelled to play for the faction with more skilled players.

And FFS stop claiming 1% more expertise or hit is an advantage when it is most desirable to reforge as many of your weakest stat to hit/expertise as possible. In this case the best secondary stat racial for alliance is the worgen racial for any class who can be one. 1% crit is equivalent to 600 stat points while 1% hit/exp is only equivalent to 340. When your goal is to reforge into hit and/exp, you want the equivalent of more stat points, whatever they may be.

Keep posting, it just proves how clueless you are.

Quote Originally Posted by kidsafe View Post
    And FFS stop claiming 1% more expertise or hit is an advantage when it is most desirable to reforge as many of your weakest stat to hit/expertise as possible. In this case the best secondary stat racial for alliance is the worgen racial for any class who can be one. 1% crit is equivalent to 600 stat points while 1% hit/exp is only equivalent to 340. When your goal is to reforge into hit and/exp, you want the equivalent of more stat points, whatever they may be.

Keep posting, it just proves how clueless you are.
    It's true though. The panda racial is also 300 main stat which early on in the expansion beat out most other racials. You always ignore the pandas even though they're available to you.

I'm still not seeing anyone show how outside beastslaying (which out of the last 6 tiers has really only had an effect on the current - and can be avoided by blizzard simply by not using beast tag in raids), the alliance racials don't keep up with the horde racials.

Trolls/Orcs? Worgen.
    Pandas? Pandas.
    Undead/Goblin? Draenei/Dwarf
    Blood Elves/Tauren? Human/Nelf/Gnome

Is it because the horde are slightly weighted to the top end? Then we bring in Humans PvP racial.

Beastslaying is an outlier not the norm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wokopoly View Post
    This has been a problem that's been known for a long time. I've been playing Horde for a while, but at first i was Alliance up until seeing the advantages the horde had. Since then, i have spent hundreds of dollars moving alts to a high populated server (Illidan) in order to progress in Heroic raiding at a very fast pace. But in the back of my head, i know i want to be Alliance, and i would much rather be on the other faction.

Why hasn't blizzard fixed the racial's so people can play what they want rather than what they need? Have they said anything about fixing this in the future? by no means will i quit the game because of this, but i'd enjoy it a whole lot more being able to play my faction of choice.
    Like some other said...

Will of Forsaken got nerfed to the ground because it was overpowered.

Now, Humans have a free PvP trinket as a racial.

Horde Racials OP my A**

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    It's true though. The panda racial is also 300 main stat which early on in the expansion beat out most other racials. You always ignore the pandas even though they're available to you.

I'm still not seeing anyone show how outside beastslaying (which out of the last 6 tiers has really only had an effect on the current - and can be avoided by blizzard simply by not using beast tag in raids), the alliance racials don't keep up with the horde racials.

Trolls/Orcs? Worgen.
    Pandas? Pandas.
    Undead/Goblin? Draenei/Dwarf
    Blood Elves/Tauren? Human/Nelf/Gnome

Is it because the horde are slightly weighted to the top end? Then we bring in Humans PvP racial.

Beastslaying is an outlier not the norm.
    Berserking is the biggest outlier. 20% extra Haste on that opener Combustion or Doom beats every other passive racial.

Beastslaying and Berserking are the outliers, yes. Orc is also particularly good for pet classes, but to be fair the worgen racial is also quite good for people who benefit significantly from crit.

But the troll racials are the outliers, firstly for people who benefit from on-demand haste (compare a troll fire mage to a panda one for example), and secondly in the case of beast bosses. Worst case scenario is both of course. An equivalently geared troll fire mage on Thok next tier will do a lot more than an alliance one of any race.

The fact that they are outliers (and they are, nobody is saying every horde racial is OP) doesn't alter the fact that they need to be changed, or we'll keep seeing competitive guilds faction change.

As far as Midwinter is concerned, we're holding out for now but if there isn't a change to racials in 6.0 and they keep making beast bosses we'll have to strongly consider the horde option, which really is pretty dumb. We'd very much like to stay alliance.

Ive said for a long time, racials should be removed and race should be purely cosmetic.

I'd be all for having your race "mean" something, but when you have shitting little gnomes who are as strong and resilient as big hulking tauren, it's all cosmetic wool over the eyes nonsense anyway. Racial abilities in WOW are stupid.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

Except berserking was never a huge issue, UNTIL RPPM haste effects came into play. If you've actually looked at PTR you will know this is being changed.
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Except berserking was never a huge issue, UNTIL RPPM haste effects came into play. If you've actually looked at PTR you will know this is being changed.
    You don't really understand the usefulness of cooldown stacking, be them haste (berserking) or attackpower/spellpower (blood fury), do you? They're averagely better in any given encounter and SEVERELY better if you need on-demand damage for short phases.

Oh, and if you could address this post instead of dodging it every time it would be lovely.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluorescent0 View Post
    Now again, you never replied me when I asked you if racials are so much important to you that they warrant bringing yet another imbalance between players, so would you mind doing that now? Is a portable bank such as the one goblins have less flavour than the berserking racial of trolls?
    Fluorescent - Fluo - currently retired, playing other stuff

i5-4670k @ 4.5 / Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme / Gigabyte Z87X-D3H / 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM / Gigabyte GTX 760

I never stated at any point racials are important, ever. I didn't realize it was aimed at me because I didn't realize you were strawmanning.

I never stated at any point racials are important, ever. I didn't realize it was aimed at me because I didn't realize you were strawmanning.
    Don't you think that a model which only has fun racials/flavour ones instead of benefic ones would then be better to prevent all this mess? (even though the population is already skewed, so in that regard it's probably late)
    Fluorescent - Fluo - currently retired, playing other stuff

i5-4670k @ 4.5 / Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme / Gigabyte Z87X-D3H / 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM / Gigabyte GTX 760

Quote Originally Posted by Fluorescent0 View Post
    Don't you think that a model which only has fun racials/flavour ones instead of benefic ones would then be better to prevent all this mess? (even though the population is already skewed, so in that regard it's probably late)
    I don't think it's worth the time to change, myself. The population is skewed to alliance still so I don't know what you're talking about.

Maybe the issue isn't the racials but the ridiculous emphasis put on the " world first race". Something very little people engage in for a very little time.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Let me jog your memory.

That's three times now that you've demonstrated a complete lack of reading ability. It's tiring.

Panda is not even the best alliance race for my class ignoring the fact that you lose the benefits upon death/resurrection. Worgen is the top hunter race because 600 crit rating is superior to 300 agility.

Not only is Berserking and Blood Fury better on paper in strict Patchwerk encounters, cooldown stacking and initial burst pushes them far ahead. Giving them an even bigger advantage is the fact that many encounters hinge only on periods of burst DPS. Jin'rokh, Horridon, Ji-kun, Durumu, Primordius, Lei Shen, Ra-den for example.

Troll Berserking by itself is beneficial even after RPPM nerfs. Haste remains the most powerful secondary stat for many classes, including BM hunters who receive some of the worst benefits from that stat. Our DoTs are static, most of our abilities are instant, etc. Temporary haste is OVERPOWERED. It's why Engineering is the de facto raid profession and why some casters even went as far as getting the haste cooldown from Herbalism.
    Last edited by kidsafe; 2013-09-03 at 07:48 PM.

Panda is not even the best alliance race for my class ignoring the fact that you lose the benefits upon death/resurrection. Worgen is the top hunter race because 600 crit rating is superior to 300 agility.
    Yes, you can act all superior that you know everything but you know this is not correct for all classes.

Also temporary haste procs are OP - which is why an int/str/agi proc is the most important raiding prof? Get your arguments together bro this is just embarrassing to read right now.

Deleted
    Why are you and most other hunters hardgemming agility then? Makes no sense.