Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Biged781 View Post
    ^^^

Phased housing is boring. There are plenty of other games that allow you to play homemaker. If it's a feature you like, fine, but don't assume that most of us want it. I would never step foot into my house because I just couldn't possibly care less.

Now, if they did something like classic Runescape it may be more interesting, but just some stupid instanced home? No thanks.
    I find raiding boring. Wiping on bosses for hours on end, staring at the same 4 walls while waiting for res ... mindnumbing.

You not wanting player housing is your problem. You don't have to touch it if you don't want to. But I want Player Housing.

Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post
    I find raiding boring. Wiping on bosses for hours on end, staring at the same 4 walls while waiting for res ... mindnumbing.

You not wanting player housing is your problem. You don't have to touch it if you don't want to. But I want Player Housing.
    You not liking raids is your problem. You don't have to touch the content if you don't want to, but I want more raids instead of player housing.

I hate how modern MMO's are missing amazing things that legacy MMO's from the 90's and early 2000's had. Things like player housing, dynamic in the game world. Player boating, fully functional. Games like ultima online and shadowbane had this stuff and these modern games with all the new technology can't make it happen. I guess that's why I always go back to UO when these modern games become boring, as they always inevitably do.

I don't think that Blizz will EVER have player-housing in WoW and MoP should show you why. They did a bunch of different things to get MORE player interaction (CRZ, upped the lvl of TB and WG to lvl 90, instituted massive shared questlines that span entire zones, etc) and honestly, I see what some people want from player housing and it looks like it's going in the opposite direction. Blizz already doesn't like us hanging around, Org, SW, S2M or S7S all the time, and these places you can still interact with other. So why would they implement something that could inspre people to spend hours and hours locked into their own instanced little world? Why do you think that with the farm in Halfhill, everything you can do in there is over in 10 min, max?

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cherb View Post
    You not liking raids is your problem. You don't have to touch the content if you don't want to, but I want more raids instead of player housing.
    And I don't.

Don't see me petition to have raids removed do you?

Quote Originally Posted by Zoneseek View Post
    I hate how modern MMO's are missing amazing things that legacy MMO's from the 90's and early 2000's had. Things like player housing, dynamic in the game world. Player boating, fully functional. Games like ultima online and shadowbane had this stuff and these modern games with all the new technology can't make it happen. I guess that's why I always go back to UO when these modern games become boring, as they always inevitably do.
    Asian mmo's tend to explore these features quite regularly still to this date, the problem is they lack in so many other areas, still builing a house somehwere or taking castles would be kinda nice in wow too. All the drama that came with alliances forming and breaking back in the day was kinda funny and easily made up for the lack in story most of these games had, because we made our own story this way .

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoneseek View Post
    We have Blizzard's narrow-mindedness and lack of imagination to blame I suppose - that and the risk averse game industry following in their footsteps.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh.. I would love player housing IF its not phased/instanced, but, if somehow Blizzard could do the same way as Ultima Online, then that would be awesome..

Or even more awesome, Player housing + the removal of loading screen from continent to continent, player build his own ship/zepp and go on sailing/flying untill the other side of Azeroth, with some battle ships and what not, like Arche Age.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    1: Noone would go anywhere, just chill in their house

No damn different than now and Capital Cities

2: Waste of Time

Some say so. Some say Arenas is Waste of time. Some say PVP is waste of Time. Some say Pet Battles waste of time. They can argue for their cause just like you can argue for yours. If I dislike Arenas, why is so much Developer Time being done to it?

3: Meaningless Dribble

I personally think Arenas are meaningless dribble

4: I think it's a waste of time

Then....don't.....participate? Nothing mandatory about it. I don't Raid much. I don't PVP much. I don't Arena AT ALL. You don't see me in those if at all

Deleted
    ZZzzzz speak for yourself. I hate the idea of player housing, and I think it's a waste of time to implement. Just another thing I would not bother doing.

Glad they think it's a waste of time too.

Deleted
    WoW doesn't need player housing, it adds nothing interesting to the game, it's just a development time wasted.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trucador View Post
    WoW doesn't need player housing, it adds nothing interesting to the game, it's just a development time wasted.
    WoW doesn't need raids only a fraction of the population enjoys, it adds nothing interesting to the game, it's just a development time wasted.

See I can post my opinion as if it were fact too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trucador View Post
    That's your opinion. I'd love player housing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would love player housing. I could also see Blizzard putting things for housing on the in game store as they wouldn't really help you, just look nice.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    It's interesting how people want features that failed MMO's have, and have them integrated into WoW.

The Blizzard quote is true. Instanced player housing isn't very interesting, and is incredibly gay. The first time I saw it in Everquest, I couldn't stop laughing at how ridiculous it was.

However, Sunsong ranch is player housing. I have a place to bind my hearth there. A place I call my own, that isn't an instance. It's a step in the right direction.
    It's phased. Phased is pretty much just instanced, especially since (in the case of Sunsong Ranch) it puts you in YOUR OWN PHASE, very much like an instance.

I would support phased player housing. Make it so you can't queue for anything there, but you can gain rested XP and hearth to it. It can be an expensive gold sink and have some quests to unlock different types and styles, all using art assets already in the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    In my opinion, guild housing is a terrible idea but player housing, if done right, could be pretty cool.

Sorry, but Blizzard is right.

Runescape has instanced player housing, and it's not all that great. Most of the time, no one sees your house except you, unless you have a gilded altar. The only reason I made a house in Runescape is for portals, an altar, repair stand, menagerie, and an obelisk. I didn't make one to "ooo", and "ahhh" people.

http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Construction
    Last edited by muto; 2013-09-03 at 05:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't want player housing though and a lot of other players do not want it either. I would really love to see guild housing where you can showcase the kills from raids but not player housing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    The reason they haven't added it yet, is because it adds almost nothing to the game.
    Or if there actually were sufficient demand, they'd probably do it.

As it stands player housing as a request is nothing but an overhyped idea that never dies. Kinda like Demon Hunters...
    They mentioned housing as a "maybe" like 5-6 years ago but people just refuses to let it go.

Throwing instance capacity so people can be afk in their little safe havens... uh..
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Quote Originally Posted by Jawless Jones View Post
    i think this is one of those "vocal minority" things
    This is the WoW version of a 5 year old that wants to have a jar of frosting for dinner. Somebody has to tell them why it is a bad idea and will make them sick.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."