Page 36 of 75 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    What the hell is going on, battles run fine on high settings, but the campaign map lags like hell, what gives.

10+ Year Old Account
    every campaign i do Epirius gets destroyed in like 5 turns

what on earth goes on down there.
    dragonmaw - EU

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vellerix View Post
    What the hell is going on, battles run fine on high settings, but the campaign map lags like hell, what gives.
    It's standard, total war games are usually buggy like hell on launch, including poor optimization.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    So the AI's performance is based on whether or not it is on the clock. Interesting...
    I suspect that without a time limit, the AI may be becoming super passive or super reactive. So in battles with capture points? It may just park everything on the capture point. In battles without? With no chance to run out the clock, so to speak, it just goes "all in."

Granted I have not done a lot of testing, and it may be a very easy fix in the next patch, but that is the impression I'm getting.

Quote Originally Posted by MMKing View Post
    The graphics are extremely glitchy for me. In campaign map and in battles, textures glitch in and out of the actual textures, extremely low quality textures and just black colors over everything. This goes for 2560x1440 and 1920x1080.

2 x 7970, i5-2500k and 32GB 1600MHZ Ram.
    It seems a bit of a mess to me. Memory leaks, truncated code, all sorts of (to me) seemingly fundamental issues with the engine. Was running pretty good on High and then I had a battle with rain. FPS death. Like one frame every ten seconds. Dropped to medium and everything was smooth as silk again.

Hopefully something patches will improve.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by serenka View Post
    every campaign i do Epirius gets destroyed in like 5 turns

what on earth goes on down there.
    I notice Egypt gets wiped fast too.
    Last edited by SirRobin; 2013-09-03 at 01:23 PM.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

10+ Year Old Account
    the map is huge! very nice looking to :P

- - - Updated - - -

how do you do that unit cam thing they kept showing off?
    dragonmaw - EU

Deleted
    The camera button on the bottomleft corner?

And a tip for those with graphic issues. I found this in the newspage: http://forums.totalwar.com/showthrea...496#post646496

Nevermind the dlc comment, found the key hidden in an e-mail and just entered it.. Now to get some more play hours in
    Last edited by mmoc755bcca4c2; 2013-09-03 at 03:25 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dehmona View Post
    The camera button on the bottomleft corner?

And anyone can tell me how to add my greekculture pack key? can't find it in steam or ingame

And a tip for those with graphic issues. I found this in the newspage: http://forums.totalwar.com/showthrea...496#post646496
    i didnt hvae to do anything for the greek states on steam :\

- - - Updated - - -

i tried doing a co-op campaign, needs some work to that, AI turns take 10x longer than on single player :\ you literally have to wait 5mins between turns.
    dragonmaw - EU

Finally managed to download the patch, played through the prologue... Only for the game to crash after I finished the siege of Bovianum. Oh well, I guess it did auto-save. I'm not having any graphic issues, though. The game also runs well, though the low-res textures are killing me - and that's on extreme settings. Gotta wait for the promised HD textures patch...
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

And I thought I would just play all my battles on battlefield... with these textures and the fps drops? If i have a slight advantage, I just let it resolve automatically.

I like the different bonuses/drawbacks of the various subfactions.

Oh, did get my DLC code finally. Will have to play Athens at some point.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I need to run in windowed mode to get decent textures? Yikes.

Think I'll experiment with the settings tonight.

Hopefully I can get it to even run half as well as Shogun 2.

Deleted
    well managed to find a point of balance, I had to take the resolution down a notch and now everything is fine, hoping for patches soon to let me go back to higher res

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently the game has some major issues with memory management on many setups.

http://forums.totalwar.com/showthrea...nages-graphics.

I suspect we are going to have to wait for a patch or two to see how well Rome 2 can actually run on our rigs.

- - - Updated - - -

Looks like installing the dx that came with the download may help some folks.

http://forums.totalwar.com/showthread.php/77123-fix-for-me....

Deleted
    I managed to get the game running fairly smoothly on both campaign and battle maps, although the campaign does start to lag after a few hours which is probably due a memory leak issue.

The textures are absolute shit. There's no other way to describe them. This game looks worse than Medieval 2 and requires a massively better PC to run. Inexcusable. The battle UI is colossal, which combined with the atrocious battle AI means that most battles are just a clusterfuck where both sides blob their armies against each other and it's impossible to tell what the fuck is happening. I'm playing Parthia, and skirmish mode simply does not work. The campaign AI seems moderate. The AI factions don't hate you for no reason, which is nice, but they do incredibly stupid things like abandoning their last province so you can walk in and take it unopposed. This is more of an opinion, but the animated character portraits are completely unnecessary (particularly when the textures are atrocious), and the unit cards take a little getting used to. They're not as bad as I expected.

At least on normal, the game seems a tad too easy. I'm rolling in money even at my army limit, and there's nothing for me to spend it on other than lavishing my allies with money and building stuff which makes everything rebel.

Overall, the game is broken. I'm still having fun with it, particularly on the campaign map (I think they've done a good job with the regions and expanding the map), but there's a long way to go before this is as polished as Shogun 2. Hopefully after a few optimisation patches and driver updates it will be better.

Deleted
    If the textures are reall awful try ticking the unlimited graphics memory option.

Worked for me.

I'm having this issue where "exit to windows" doesn't actually exit the game. Well, it does, but the process keeps going. Have to kill it in task manager.

Doesn't seem to be causing any data corruption thus far, though.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakobro View Post
    If the textures are reall awful try ticking the unlimited graphics memory option.

Worked for me.
    was about to post this, i havn't had any texture issues, but i found this

http://forums.totalwar.com/showthrea...496#post646496

fun game, but needs a lot of bug fixing.

i seem to be the only person with no texture issues
    dragonmaw - EU

10+ Year Old Account
    so, only got to play about three hours so far..

the unit portraits do suck as much as i thought they would, but i do like the addition of colored and easy-to-spot icons for stuff like stamina and morale in the tooltips.

i only have performance issues (fps going from 50 to 25 in some situations) on the highest settings, but still the graphics are quite a bit worse than what i expected. the textures are horrible, and even different parts of a single soldier-model clip with each other all the time, even while walking! what the heck is up with that?
    graphics aren't a huge issue for me, but i am surprised to find the game lacking in this particular respect.

haven't really seen proper non-scripted battles yet, but i noticed one retarded mistake the ai did on the campaign map: an enemy fleet that was probably meant to invade my undefended capital further up the coast seemed to try to flee when i moved my own, superior navy close to it from the south (even though i wasn't able to reach it). mine probably outnumbered theirs about 2:1, so it would make sense for them to retreat. but! the enemy fleet retreated into open seas and took a big attrition hit. two rounds later it was still on open seas - seemingly afraid to move any closer to my waiting navy - and simply died from attrition alone.
    that has happened twice.

techs seem rather bland from what i've seen so far, way too many "5% this, 3% that" techs. the ones in shogun 2 and fots seemed a lot more interesting, at least from what i can tell so far by just having read the tooltips.

i do very much like what i've seen of the city management and construction system so far! somewhat similar to shogun 2, but still improved, imo.

i've noticed some other very minor issues (like units now being selected with alt-click instead of ctrl-click for godknowswhatreason, but whatever^^).

my biggest issue though is that you can't move any units without a general anymore AND you can never have more than one general per army, so consequentially you're now unable to merge armies or manage several armies by moving individual units around (except for a direct swap) let alone have any actual units defending a city unless you have a dedicated general for that...
    i wanted to move my main army out to sea and move south to besiege an enemy city, but wanted to leave some units behind in my port-city as garrison, with a new general already being on his way to said city. but noooope, having two units of hastati wait inside a city for a turn is now impossible, they need to have a general for that! so i wasn't able to move my main army until the other general had arrived. oh, also, swapping units between armies/navies (talking about troop-transports, of course, not dedicated battle-ships) seems bugged at times - as in, it plain simply won't work, until i move the army on land next to the other army i wanted it to swap some units with, even though they still had the movement points to do so.

i'm..... seriously flabbergasted. what. were. they. thinking? o________________O

that feels even stranger after the very first prologue mission started by "there were two consuls who merged their armies to fight, but were defeated".. upon which 4 infantry units without an actual general (who had also previously been garrisoned somewhere without an actual general) move out to save the day!
    it's just.. so... gaaaarrrghxns!! /facedesk

anyway, time to finally play some more now! *coughs*

Yea, you can't separate your army from general, I'm ok with the CONCEPT. But give us more generals then for pete's sake..

Deleted
    You get more as your faction grows larger.

On the second marker on the bar and can have 6 generals and 4 navies.