10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yilar View Post
    My money is on Kaepernick or Wilson getting injured for the later part of the season.

Heard it here first!
    I really don't see Wilson hurting himself. He just doesn't yolo run like RG3 does.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    After what Clay Matthews said today about the Packer's plan for handeling Kaeprnick week 1 that wouldn't surprise me. If more teams go for the tactic to just hit any QB leaving the pocket hard then there's going to be some ugly injuries eventually.

I understand the sentiment tbh. If you leave the pocket, and scramble and dodge tackles, then you deserve to get hit just as hard as a RB or WR doing the same. The effect on a QB that needs to be able to throw the ball is probably going to be different then on your typical player.
    Once they go past the LOS, they can be hit like that until they start to slide.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    I really don't see Wilson hurting himself. He just doesn't yolo run like RG3 does.

- - - Updated - - -

Once they go past the LOS, they can be hit like that until they start to slide.

[video=youtube;49sNHgahFAI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49sNHgahFAI[video]
    That's the kind of shit that really needs to be reviewed (which I think college is doing). Hell, looking at it live, it was obvious he was jumping to block the pass.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    That's the kind of shit that really needs to be reviewed (which I think college is doing). Hell, looking at it live, it was obvious he was jumping to block the pass.
    I agree, but that particular clip warranted a flag even if it was reviewed. Rules say that if you pretty much touch the QB's head while behind the LoS its a personal foul.

I'm sure that after some running QB gets their head blown off the NFL will apply those rules to beyond the LoS as well. Then the read option will never be stopped.

10+ Year Old Account
    The thing about both Wilson and Kaep is that they actually do duck out of bounds or slide. RGIII was the one who took a pounding for that reason. Also, if you look at Seahawks games Wilson doesn't really run as often as the others do, and if you rewatch the Niners @ Falcons game, Kaep doesn't need to run persay either.
    VanCleef wants you! Join the Defias Brotherhood and hang out on a yacht all day!

10+ Year Old Account
    I retract all previous derogatory statements regarding Robert Meachem

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I retract all previous derogatory statements regarding Robert Meachem
    Hahaha. I just read he got a 1 year contract with the Saints. Can't possibly be worse then what he did last year, right? Positive thinking!

10+ Year Old Account
    Ordered Sunday Ticket, lets get this shit started.

15+ Year Old Account
    And the Jeff Tuel era ends in Buffalo before it could even begin. EJ Manuel will start Sunday.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ordered Sunday Ticket, lets get this shit started.
    Tomorrow Kick-Off game. Can't wait!

EJ Manuel slated to start for the Bills Sunday, apparently. Good news for the Bills, I'll be getting a good look at him in his first match as he's playing the Patriots.

Between Pryor, Geno Smith and EJ Manuel as fresh starters this season, I'll take Manuel for sure. Probably not after his first game against the Patriots, but on the season, for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    And the Jeff Tuel era ends in Buffalo before it could even begin. EJ Manuel will start Sunday.
    I suspect we'll see a LOT of different starting QBs in Buffalo this year.

Personally, I'm a Vikings fan and I am feeling a bit depressed. We're wasting away the career of the best player the Vikings may ever have with a close-to-useless starting QB. With Peterson sucking in defenders into the box, a QB with a big arm and a fast/big set of receivers could do major, major damage. That would re-open the box and allow Peterson to run for 7+ yards on every other carry. Instead we have...Ponder. Oh, and Cassel. Yay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ptwonline View Post
    I suspect we'll see a LOT of different starting QBs in Buffalo this year.

Personally, I'm a Vikings fan and I am feeling a bit depressed. We're wasting away the career of the best player the Vikings may ever have with a close-to-useless starting QB. With Peterson sucking in defenders into the box, a QB with a big arm and a fast/big set of receivers could do major, major damage. That would re-open the box and allow Peterson to run for 7+ yards on every other carry. Instead we have...Ponder. Oh, and Cassel. Yay.
    Mhmm. By the time Ponder or Cassel & Jennings/Patterson/Rudolph get comfortable enough or good enough it's probably next year, at which time Ponder will likely be gone if he doesn't get better. Peterson's best years are pretty much going to waste.

I hated Favre when he was in Minnesota, but that ('09) was THE year Peterson should have gotten a ring. It'll likely stand as his Tomlinson 2006 year that's been in the news past few days. A "what if..." year.

Keyboard Turner
    15+ Year Old Account
    Hahaha. I just read he got a 1 year contract with the Saints. Can't possibly be worse then what he did last year, right? Positive thinking!
    Not gonna help that piss poor defense. They will put up tons up points but not even Rob Ryan can fix that defense. They'll play to a shootout with Atlanta but there's no way they put up more points than the most complete offense in the NFC. Our defense isn't stellar but I'd still take it over New Orleans.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TKM View Post
    Not gonna help that piss poor defense. They will put up tons up points but not even Rob Ryan can fix that defense. They'll play to a shootout with Atlanta but there's no way they put up more points than the most complete offense in the NFC. Our defense isn't stellar but I'd still take it over New Orleans.
    Mhmm, this was a remark about Robert Meachem, so not about the defensive side of the ball. I agree it's probably going to be shootouts all season fro Saints. Not a bad thing for them with their offense. I hope for them they will at least be more competitive on Defense then they were last year. A slight improvement there might be enough for the offense to get some games won.

10+ Year Old Account
    So its impossible for the Saints to win at home against a team they're on a 11-3 roll against? Thanks for the tip, now that I know the Saints offense can't possibly score as many points as the Falcons I can sleep in on Sunday.

10+ Year Old Account
    Marshall Faulk's bold prediction on NFL Network was that the Saints would have #1 Offense and top 5 Defense. I don't see it, unless he is talking about the NFCS, and yes I know there are only four teams in each division. I just can't see that defense doing anything unless they make some trades to shore up the numerous holes everywhere. The offense is fantastic though, and I would take it over many others in the NFL, but Brees and Co. will have to score quickly, and often in order to win games.
    VanCleef wants you! Join the Defias Brotherhood and hang out on a yacht all day!

10+ Year Old Account
    they can score quickly, what they need to do is score slowly, keep the defense off the field with long drives and that is going to take getting the running game back to where it used to be

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Defensive Rookie of the year - Dion Jordan (I really like Ziggy Ansah too)

Offensive Rookie of the year - Tavon Austin

Defensive player of the year - JJ

Offensive player of the year - Aaron Rodgers

MVP - Aaron Rodgers

First Seed AFC - Denver

First Seed NFC - San Fran

Superbowl Winner - Denver

- - - Updated - - -

Offensive player of the year Tony Gonzalez
    That is a craaaaazy pick. Considering a tight end has never won that award, and you're not exactly picking one of the super stars in their prime like Graham or Gronk. Any reasoning behind that one?

10+ Year Old Account
    Today is the day!

Gunna be a great game, I pick the ravens.

Also, GET ME SOME FANTASY POINTS TORREY SMITH!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    Gunna be a great game, I pick the ravens.
    In Denver at Mile High? I don't think so. I pick the Broncos.

10+ Year Old Account
    In Denver at Mile High? I don't think so. I pick the Broncos.
    Dumervil is going to be all over peyton.

Either way on the long run idc, cause im a pats fan! Woo!