Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Can't stand arenas either, it's like playing stacraft 2, you have to learn by heart all the defaults tactics that everyone does or you die. There is no room for originality or innovation. In world PVP, everything is permitted. Drag them through a bunch of PVE enemies, run away, mount away, hide then come back, run away if they do that LOS bullshit behind a tree or something, use items that aren't permitted in arenas but which I took time gathering/crafting, fighting 1vs1 without any pocket healers or CCer, massive battles when there's multiple people. In short, I love beating arena players to a pulp in world PVP, where all their structure crumbles.

Quote Originally Posted by Champxoxo View Post
    Lol?

Glad cutoffs in TBC were like 300+, compared to now where they are like 10+.

Which shows 30x the amount of people actively arena'd in TBC compared to Cata/MoP. MLG and tournaments in TBC were the glory days of WoW PvP. Your simply wrong about World PvP and BGs being the most popular way to PvP, if anything the only reason they remained popular were due to arenas.

World PvP doesn't even exist anymore though. If you see someone, you run at him, he runs a bit to the left, then you get phased out of his realm due to CRZ being badly designed.

The only reason there is still any focus on PvP because of arena.

Arena does indeed suck in MoP, but considering world PvP is dead and BGs are more tedious than ever with base resilience/noticeable class imbalanced like monk FC's. Its all thats left.
    Yes, arena used to be far more popular than it is now, and it declines every expansion. But even at its best, it never even came close to being more popular than battlegrounds. The only reason so many more people did it before was cause you could queue up and, win or lose, get gear. Also because it was new and less standardized, so you could go in with whatever comp you want and have a decent chance. But to suggest that arena is the only reason anyone bothers anymore is just ridiculous.

Deleted
    mass combat, battlegrounds and world pvp to me are what warcraft is about. Arena? No thanks this game isn't World of Spartacus :P

Actually, I don't care to gank players lower leveled than me. There's no fun in that.

Deleted
    But to suggest that arena is the only reason anyone bothers anymore is just ridiculous.
    I know a lot of guys here that play wow only due to arenas including myself. That might not be a big number, but we can form 3-5 3s teams.

Quote Originally Posted by PetersenIII View Post
    I can't help but read the thread title as "I love ganking, and I hate fighting on even-footing."
    You're right. All WPvP is ganking. Everyone knows that.

Quote Originally Posted by Furyous View Post
    I dunno, I just find more enjoyment from World PVP. Is that bad?
    whats bad on arenas? they are the single best thing in this game. I noticed a big decay in the quality of BGs right after wotlk went out.

World PvP does not give rewards and if blizzard would give rewards for it, actual ones, they would be afraid about their holy server performance.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ganking when the players are close in level is fine. Horde and Alliance are enemys we are not going to make it a fair fight. When out in the world, players must be on their guard to potential attacks.
    People who come on forums and complain that real pvpers don't gank etc, come on it's war out there
    Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Wow, i must be the only person that likes all forms of PvP, even it's sorry state, in the hopes that it will improve.

I love Arena. Feels intense.

I love BG's, though mostly places like AV and back in the day when it was an epic battle. Other BG's are fun to goof around in and let loose. RBG's are cool too.

Absolutely love Wpvp. Especially when you get into a good match with a smart player. It can be quite an interesting back and forth. So much can happen.

PVP all in all is fun.

I dislike both Arenas and World pvp, because those are just mindless killing. However, I like BGs, at least fighting has a purpose there

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Given that in the World PVP Gear is absolute crap compared to PVE Gear I hate World PVP. Having gear designed for fighting Players, yet having less damage, health and survivability than those who fight PVE Content has currently made me a lot less interested in PVP.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

I feel you, OP. I really have little interest in Arenas.

And my world PVP, I tend to think more of City invasions, Tol Barad, and Wintersgrasp. I love turtles in AV and loved when airship was broken in IoC. I want 100 mother fuckers thrown into a pit to fight for 20 minutes, not 4-6.

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't done arena for more than just the weekly cap since WotLK, I really don't enjoy it. I love big team play so I mostly stick to RBGS and random BGs. WPvP can be fun but it always seems to be very one sided if it isn't organized.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Open World Battlegrounds should be added to the game.

That's it, give us that piece of fun back. An area where there are world pvp events every X hours and last for a long time (long time such as old AV, not a whole day maybe tho lol)
    Pure world pvp, no que timers nor teleports to join, you just go there by yourself. Put 500 items hidden along the map, players need to find them and bring them back to any of their many home areas (reward them with honor, achievements and a huge grindfest final unique mount so they'll feel rewarded) You won't know who is carrying one, so you'll need to kill everyone you find in order to stop them. When a faction reached 500/500 (for example), the even is over for X hours.

Create 2 or 3 large areas where people play normally and add this events, allow people to turn their pvp off and fly if they want, and those who want to fight go with it on and don't allow them to get it off anymore for as long as the event lasts.

Pretty much something like Silithus but adjusted to the current times.
    Last edited by shise; 2013-09-02 at 04:53 PM.

I enjoy world PvP but it hasn't been anywhere close to what it was for several years. While I enjoyed TM turf wars, my favorites were the QD dailies. I did enjoy MF when CRZ was first implemented. The only consistency I see on my server is Dark Portal and I don't really consider that world PvP. Some group huddles around the port, blows people up; sometimes a counter-posse forms and they then disperse. I enjoy trolling around the first week or two of a new expansion as people are trying to quest/level, but because they're trying to quest/level =), they're a lot more likely to get on an alt and rage at you than get anything worthwhile going.

Otherwise, I enjoy RBGs and some arenas, depending on the class. Really looking forward to spending more time in arenas come 5.4 owing to x-realm queuing.
    Last edited by Lady Tygry; 2013-09-03 at 03:23 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Tygry View Post
    The only consistency I see on my server is Dark Portal and I don't really consider that world PvP. Some group huddles around the port, blows people up; sometimes a counter-posse forms and they then disperse.
    Did you guys get the Dark Portal battles at the end of Cataclysm too? When CRZ was implemented

We just had endless war there for about two weeks straight.
    Best World Event since the zombie invasion.

I took some footage of it, if you jump in about 5 minutes: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SR1DgkqMSgU

Quote Originally Posted by Krixooks View Post
    Did you guys get the Dark Portal battles at the end of Cataclysm too? When CRZ was implemented

We just had endless war there for about two weeks straight.
    Best World Event since the zombie invasion.

I took some footage of it, if you jump in about 5 minutes: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SR1DgkqMSgU
    I'm told we did but since the first sea of skeletons I came across was at MF, that's where I stayed. It didn't even cross my mind to check the dark portal at the time. I took a break after ZG was added until a couple months into BC so I never saw the skirmishes that likely occurred while folks waited on the expansion to go live=)

I ganked a druid in flightform who was flying around in dreadwastes. He landed, just for a moment, and my sap macro got him (I had been stalking him for a bit, I hates him!). I got up to full energy, opened stun, blew all cools, into second stun, and finished him in second stun.

World PvP is definitely my favorite over arena or BGs.

I would give ANYTHING to go back to the days before battlegrounds / arenas / flying mounts.

Epic field battles between servers... I made lifelong friends and enemies out in hillsbrad man.
    Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    thats ironic cuz i hate world pvp/rbgs and love arenas!
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.