Page 7 of 68 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Its the same game but more refined and less grindy, there is no harder or easier. The problem with the game is the ppl playing it.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    There is no direct relation between difficulty and time investment.
    There actually is though. In fact, part of the definition of the word 'difficult' relies on the length of time a given task takes. Leveling tailoring is more difficult than leveling herbalism, for example.

The issue with this sort of discussion is that video game types tend to equate 'hard' with twitch mechanics.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    Hardcore MMORPG was no longer a sustainable game mode
    Implying this ever was one to begin with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrSteveBrule View Post
    If anyone is going to be labeled entitled it's this new breed of player waving the "casual" flag.
    Stick to snowflake and no-lifers if you will but entitled isn't one of them.
    It is actually one of them. You want more at the expense of others having less. You wish to have the developers cater their game and their design to whatever particular ideology you subscribe to. You are entitled.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    You want more at the expense of others having less. You wish to have the developers cater their game and their design to whatever particular ideology you subscribe to. You are entitled.
    You should look in the mirror and repeat this line

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    You should look in the mirror and repeat this line
    Right back at ya slick. Your protestations about the developers just "picking one thing and doing it well and not this middle ground crap" is the same entitled bullshit. You just happen to the think the developers will pick whatever horse you have in this race.
    The hammer comes down:
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's a word for people who create threads like this and use that word.
    There are no bathrooms, only Zuul.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Isn't that when Ghostcrawler started at Blizzard?
    Actually he's been with them for years before that - but that project WOULD be the first that happened when he got promoted.

He said he got his promotion right when they were finishing up Ulduar.

10+ Year Old Account
    wow isnt ruined. so no, casuals havent ruined wow.

- - - Updated - - -

bam! homie hit it on the button.

The term "casual" is so subjective. If by "casual" you mean the 95 or so percent of players that won't kill HC Lei Shen while current, then I'd have to say no, they didn't ruin the game. If by "casual" you mean the people that only have time (or desire) to do LFR each week, then no, I'd say they didn't ruin the game.

In fact, I don't know if anyone ruined the game, because I haven't had this much fun with the game since WotLK.

This is actually the first time I can recall having stuff to do outside of raids (too much in fact!). This is the first time that I will be in a guild that didn't clear a full heroic tier (we will be 10/13h unless we get realllly lucky with DA this week), and I am perfectly content with that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by beefchorizo View Post
    bam! homie hit it on the button.
    Except for the fact that WoW was never a "Hardcore MMORPG", and yet it still has been dumbed down, stream-lined and made retard proof, in nearly every aspect EXCEPT Later Bosses in Heroic Raids and PvP.

The problem isn't the "no-lifer, entitled, special snowflakes" It is the entitled instant gratification crowd of "Casuals", Because let's face it, without that crowd, LFR wouldn't exist.

Let's put it this way, let's say two people buy a game. They both pay the same $50. Player A beats the game easily, Player B is stuck on the last mission/boss and can't beat it. Player B now has two options, does he:

A.) Keep trying, until he is good enough to actually beat the game.
    B.) Call Activiventendotari and tell them to make the game easier.

The correct answer is "Option A", sadly, the WoW community has chosen "Option B".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xXzCoDProxXz View Post
    No the elitists ruined WoW with their demands..
    Nothing was hard just time-consuming. Lots of free time=you can have and IQ of 10 and still clear any content you want. BLizz like any other business saw the time constraint so they had to lower the difficulty along with the length of raids/took prebuffing out of the picture(like resistance buffing yourself, fire prot potions so forth) and introduced easier mechanics
    *blinks* what demands did these so called elitists have other than more challenge as opposed to the many demands of the so called casuals?

Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    Except for the fact that WoW was never a "Hardcore MMORPG", and yet it still has been dumbed down, stream-lined and made retard proof, in nearly every aspect EXCEPT Later Bosses in Heroic Raids and PvP.

The problem isn't the "no-lifer, entitled, special snowflakes" It is the entitled instant gratification crowd of "Casuals", Because let's face it, without that crowd, LFR wouldn't exist.

Let's put it this way, let's say two people buy a game. They both pay the same $50. Player A beats the game easily, Player B is stuck on the last mission/boss and can't beat it. Player B now has two options, does he:

A.) Keep trying, until he is good enough to actually beat the game.
    B.) Call Activiventendotari and tell them to make the game easier.

The correct answer is "Option A", sadly, the WoW community has chosen "Option B".
    Also this
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.

No. Nobody ruined WoW. It's a better game than ever, objectively speaking. Of course, some people don't enjoy it as much as they used to, that's down to a lot of subjective factors.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by mmowin View Post
    Sup everyone so ive been playing WoW since about the start of BC and I know back then it was harder trying to clear content and the game in itself was a lot harder since there was no LFR or group find for anything plus you had to flyout to the actual instance. So basically if you werent in a hard core raiding guild you werent going to see any content. Ive seen a lot of posts on other forums talking about how WoW has been dumbed down to the point where its unplayable now and everyone is blaming the casual player for this. My question is how exactly did the casual "ruin" WoW?
    No, casuals didn't ruin wow. If it weren't for "casuals" the game would be f2p by now and a total suckfest. You'd be lucky to get 1 new raid boss every two years.
    Apply blizzards model to any other subscription service,you'd be outraged:
    Netflix adds no new movies for a year, you click a new movie, there's a $5 fee.
    You're in an accident, click your onstar button, but there's an addition $20 fee for them to help.
    You turn on your tv only to find all you get are the infomercial channels. Every other show is pay per view.
    See how dumb that model is?

WoW was never a hardcore-focused MMO.

People who believe it was are delusional.

For bonus points: it never was.

Deleted
    Did they perhaps go a bit overboard with making it more casual friendly? I believe they hit the Goldilocks zone in wrath and just didn't realize it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzy View Post
    No, casuals didn't ruin wow. If it weren't for "casuals" the game would be f2p by now and a total suckfest. You'd be lucky to get 1 new raid boss every two years.
    The way things are going, WoW will end up going F2P. The difference is the "suckfest" begins sooner.

Right now atleast I can say PvP is fun and Challenge Modes. But fucked if you think I'm going to start raiding again when I can limp dick my keyboard and experience what I wanted out of raids. Love my guild but damned if I'll waste time in Normals again.

Quote Originally Posted by DrSteveBrule View Post
    The way things are going, WoW will end up going F2P. The difference is the "suckfest" begins sooner.

Right now atleast I can say PvP is fun and Challenge Modes. But fucked if you think I'm going to start raiding again when I can limp dick my keyboard and experience what I wanted out of raids. Love my guild but damned if I'll waste time in Normals again.
    Eh? Refuse to do NM/HM raiding because LOLFR but you do Challenge Modes? You know you can easymode those on normal/heroic right?

Quote Originally Posted by Urti View Post
    The rarest spawn in the whole game is apparently a player who is enjoying themselves....
    *Raises hand*

Are you going to camp me? :S

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    No. Nobody ruined WoW. It's a better game than ever, objectively speaking. Of course, some people don't enjoy it as much as they used to, that's down to a lot of subjective factors.
    Really? You really said objectively speaking it's better than ever? First of all I don't think you can make that statement OBJECTIVELY but even if you could wouldn't the bleed of subscribers suggest that OBJECTIVELY it's not better than ever? I mean nothing what you said is objective, it's hard to take you seriously when you don't even know the words you are using. WoW for many players is obviously not better than it was ever. You can't make the statement that it is objectively better because most of the things you think are better about the game are entirely opinions. Some are unfounded but I'm sure some are reasonable they are never the less all opinions. By what empirical reasoning or measurement can you say that wow is better than ever? That's just a load of horse shit to speak objectively about it..
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2013-09-04 at 04:37 AM.
    The hammer comes down: