Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by El Plastico View Post
    I am prepared for our raid, but i'd prefer not to be forced into watching videos. There's a tool like lfr in the game already that allows me to see the mechanics of the fight while i'm actually playing the game. Holding it back makes 0 sense.
    You just..

I can't.

I'm laughing too hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Deleted
    LFR people please. You're not even supposed to play this game as you are not necessary. Refrain from complaining.

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzy View Post
    But from an unbiased view, it is pretty dumb to gate it that long. You're going to have the people that only do lfr do one wing, log out and in that two weeks they may decide it's not worth paying for. Same with people planning to only flex. (Which, if you haven't been paying attention, is about 90% of subscribers.)
    It you only LFR, your current gearing options are ToT LFR=502, Heroic Scenarios = 516, and Shado-Pan Assault Valor gear for 522 - the 535 Upgraded Timeless Isle gear will keep you coming back.

I just returned to WoW a couple of weeks ago and one thing that amazes me is how many artificial gates, limitations and mechanisms there are now that are designed simply to stretch out the game experience so that people will stay subscribed.

I think that WoW is the last gasp of the linear content progression endgame model for MMOs. WoWs Raids are very cool and fun to experience once or twice. However they are not fun to grind on week after week because everything is scripted and happens the same way every time. Eventually somebody will need to come up with a dynamic endgame where raids and dungeons change and vary and feel more real.

The great failure of the WoW raid model is that it is too much like synchronized swimming practice. You bring a team, you put in your hours of practice and eventually you learn to dance the complex dance with perfect timing. Sure it can be rewarding in a way but at a big price in grind and boredom.

If flex was fully available the first week, guilds would feel compelled to run flex and normal.

This isn't about 'keeping subscribers artificially by gating the content'. This is about how guilds often 'force' their members to do everything that's available. Solution? Gate normal/heroic content? Or gate LFR/Flex? Or open everything at once with the knowledge that people will be 'forced' to raid far too much at the start of the tier and burn out?

10+ Year Old Account
    a shame flex is gated by a week. I was hoping i could get the most of it for 2 weeks of my remaining sub after 5.4 comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by Djouga View Post
    LFR people please. You're not even supposed to play this game as you are not necessary. Refrain from complaining.
    And you should keep quiet as they have every right to voice their opinion, even if you and others might get bothered by it. They can play the game their way and you can play it your way, so shut it and please respect others and their playstyle.

No need to whine about it all though, not like it's taking longer than other times. Silly people...

Quote Originally Posted by TrollShaman View Post
    a shame flex is gated by a week. I was hoping i could get the most of it for 2 weeks of my remaining sub after 5.4 comes out.
    Um.. resub?

Quote Originally Posted by Binko View Post
    I just returned to WoW a couple of weeks ago and one thing that amazes me is how many artificial gates, limitations and mechanisms there are now that are designed simply to stretch out the game experience so that people will stay subscribed.

I think that WoW is the last gasp of the linear content progression endgame model for MMOs. WoWs Raids are very cool and fun to experience once or twice. However they are not fun to grind on week after week because everything is scripted and happens the same way every time. Eventually somebody will need to come up with a dynamic endgame where raids and dungeons change and vary and feel more real.

The great failure of the WoW raid model is that it is too much like synchronized swimming practice. You bring a team, you put in your hours of practice and eventually you learn to dance the complex dance with perfect timing. Sure it can be rewarding in a way but at a big price in grind and boredom.
    And that is your opinion? Maybe some people like synchronized swimming.

so pathetic.

THIS is their tactic on keeping subscribers?.. what a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Gsara View Post
    Its not like you cant just afk your way through LFR anyways. So does it really matter when the wings open? I wish they would drop the tier gear all together from LFR honestly and get rid of more scrubs that whine about absolutely nothing.
    I have to agree with this, no matter how face roll they make this game people still whine and cry. And to the other lazy/bad's no one is forced to do anything, people actually enjoy pushing progression and choose to use every avenue to do that while other's will sit on these forum's crying that Normal mode is too hard and that Flex takes too long to come out.

It is impossible to tune encounters for people like you because they can't tune around lazy and whiny.

Quote Originally Posted by taurenguard View Post
    I really dislike the way they release Flex, it should have been there from the start and I mean all wings. Maybe insert shared lockout for the first month so the hardcore crowd doesn't do it. But it's blizzards decision and there is nothing to be done other than wait for the couple of weeks.
    On the other side, doing that will give them a chance to fix any issues that will pop on the first 3 bosses. That can't be bad.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

10+ Year Old Account
    Ironically i see everyone that doesn't have loremaster, hasn't played warcraft 3, doesn't have above 13k+ achievements, hasn't read every wow novel , doesn't have 500+ unique pets, doesn't have 150+ unique mounts, doesn't have 60+ exalted reps as not deserving to play the game :P Do you fit into all those categories? If not please refrain from complaining.

Imagine that actual raiders get to go first.

What a concept.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    You are wrong. You can cross realm Flex Raids and old raids, but not current normal/heroic raids.
    GC tweeted this last week that Flex is not available for cross realm raiding but may be available later in the patch. Old raids you can but he stated specifically that Flex isn't meant to be used cross realm, at least for the present.

It's funny because "LFR people" make up the vast majority of the game's player base, and are therefore the most necessary population to the game's survival.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulfròst View Post
    Um.. resub?
    I would be willing to pay more to get of the majority of these kinds of people that you replied to. Whiny,lazy and most likely bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Kektonic View Post

What a concept.
    I love this. QFMFT!!

Deleted
    Why are people surprised? It was the exact same situatuion with ToT lfr. Even 5.0 lfr wasn't released at launch.

Quote Originally Posted by Kektonic View Post

What a concept.
    That's a revolutionary idea right there!