Page 2 of 111 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    I'd be so glad that all the ''who's gonna be the next warchief'' discussion will finally be over. The forum will be at peace at last
    Thats not even possible.. there will be a new round of bitching about who ends up being selected.. plus whatever the new thing to bitch about ends up being.

Quote Originally Posted by pvrwizard View Post
    Thats not even possible.. there will be a new round of bitching about who ends up being selected.. plus whatever the new thing to bitch about ends up being.
    Lol so true I can even imagine the new topics:

if Lor'themar:

-Will horde become prettier?
    -Do taurens need to shave their legs now?
    -How to deal with a sexy warchief?

if Saurfang or another orc:

-Blizzard hates trolls
    -Blizzard hates taurens
    -Blizzard hates

if Baine:

-Cairne
    -Cairne
    -Cairne

As a Horde player, I really wish they would make some random Alliance military figure (Admiral Taylor maybe?) the new ruler of the Horde, maybe with Lor'themar as puppet "Warchief". It would make for a more interesting story. Think MacArthur in occupied Japan.

Either way it will probably be a boring choice

Thrall, because Metzen still works for Blizzard
    Vol'jin, because it's the obvious choice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post

because Metzen still works for Blizzard
    you know, whenever I read someone say this shit, I just want to hit them in the face.

Metzen is warcraft, he gave you these characters and there stories, this is the fictional world he made up and you are playing, so claiming some bs about how you think he's only associated with one character all the time is dam ignorant.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    I'd be so glad that all the ''who's gonna be the next warchief'' discussion will finally be over. The forum will be at peace at last
    the forum is just gonna move on to the next topic

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Thrall, because Metzen still works for Blizzard
    Metzen is the reason Warcraft Orcs aren't a 2 dimensional parody of European Soccer Hooligans, all I really have to say is "don't cut yourself on all of that edge."

As far as Lor'themar, he's not a bad guy, but he's no Warchief, and I honestly cannot fathom how people would want to piss on this games story just for some "new and exciting" change...

I think Dzeco should be the next Warchief. He's valiant, protector of innocent and most of all reason and SANE.
    There was a really nice short story about him who knows :P
    Nobody will complain if a Tauren lead the horde, tauren are skilled warriors, wise and with honor.

Just as long as it isn't Vol'jin or anyone else as lame.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

10+ Year Old Account
    "Guys guys, Gallywix is warchief!!11"

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Why can't you stand Lor'themar?

The only issue I personally see with him becoming Warchief is it'll act as fuel for the ignorant that still say "Lolkungfupanda" (because Blood Elves don't have the best reputation as a race in game) and since no one really knew who he was until this expansion.

I love Lor'themar. The amount of work they've put into him this expansion, along with the little developments with him in the Quel'delar questline, has made him look like an amazing leader.

If anyone should take up the mantle it's him. IMO he's been presented as not only a better (and more rational) leader than Vol'jin, but also the most logical candidate out of all others (Saurfang=Too old, Baine=Not enough development, Voljin=you saw my reasons, Thrall=it's not who we expect).

Not just that, but he has a goatee and eyepatch. What more could you ask for?

It's this or my original theory that the players themselves become the Warchief, but I'll leave that discussion for another time.
    He was a ballhair away from abandoning the Horde and joining the Alliance and he's meant to lead a faction of races that are not on the best terms with the alliance? No, Lor'Themar is a terrible choice. He's fine where he is leading the Blood Elves.

Deleted
    cos its horde they will probably get sargeras become a good guy again just to lead them

10+ Year Old Account
    So, if it is Lor'themar, will he lead from Org or will the capital move to Silvermoon?

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    you know, whenever I read someone say this shit, I just want to hit them in the face.

Metzen is warcraft, he gave you these characters and there stories, this is the fictional world he made up and you are playing, so claiming some bs about how you think he's only associated with one character all the time is dam ignorant.
    It's not that he's only associated with Thrall, it's that he puts Thrall above any other character in the game. That's the problem people have, and Metzen is not Warcraft. The series is so much bigger than just one man, and coincidentally the game has much more to offer than just Thrall. BTW, you need to seek counseling if talking about video games makes you want to hit someone in face.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fanuilos View Post
    It's not that he's only associated with Thrall, it's that he puts Thrall above any other character in the game. That's the problem people have, and Metzen is not Warcraft. The series is so much bigger than just one man, and coincidentally the game has much more to offer than just Thrall. BTW, you need to seek counseling if talking about video games makes you want to hit someone in face.
    And yet you've been proven so dam wrong there, since he's infact not been seen much in the story of pandaria at all. He hasn't even been seen anywhere on pandaria itself, and your still ringing the same bs you and others did in cata.
    #boycottchina

It'll be Lor'themar so they can setup alliance and horde working together next expac so in 2 expacs when the burning legion crap is released, itll be like 'oh yea we joined forces'

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm still hoping for Rexxar as Warchief, but theres a good chance I may be wrong .

I'm honestly surprised more people don't expect Baine. "Too boring"? I disagree.

Nobody on the Horde dislikes him; the Alliance actually kinda like him.

Maybe there was an old blue tweet/post I missed or something.

Main topic: No. I wouldn't be mad at whatever decision they made, as long as it is followed up with storytelling of similar quality to the praise I've seen Mists receive in that department.
    Last edited by Confirm Deny; 2013-09-04 at 11:12 PM.
    It wasn't long ago / I was just like you / And now I think I'm sick and I wanna go home!
    Quote Originally Posted by Unoriginal View Post
    what if SEARING WOLVES? The possibilities?!!?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Casual Riot View Post
    I'm honestly surprised more people don't expect Baine. "Too boring"? I disagree.

voting based on the most logical character.. not on this thread. This is a popularity contest for people with short attention to character detail. "oooh he did something recent, he should be warchief".
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Casual Riot View Post

No, it's the fact that Baine is an absolute pushover. His dad is killed by Magatha's treachery, his people murdered and he is almost on the wrong end of a near successful coup, but what does he do? Kill the surviving Grimtotem that didn't swear loyalty? No, he has their wounds treated and exiled to the Thousand Needles. Or how about the fact that nearly every decision Baine makes relies upon whether or not his father would approve. He'd be far too soft, he even had the audacity to exile the Tauren who took retaliatory measures against the Alliance on grounds of Camp Taurajo. Sure he can do diplomacy, but he's lacking in every other field.