Thread: Blood Strike?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Blood Strike?

Sorry if this has been answered in another thread, but I did some Googling and came upon "old" answers that this isn't used for unholy? I just want to make sure it's still that way. If so, why doesn't blizz remove it or am I missing something?
    Thanks!

No spec uses it, not sure why it hasnt been removed.

Quote Originally Posted by HashtagCry View Post
    No spec uses it, not sure why it hasnt been removed.
    iirc: low level DKs (though I haven't created another since WotLK)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyanmaru View Post
    iirc: low level DKs (though I haven't created another since WotLK)
    Blood Boil hits harder single target up until Blood Strike is rendered useless anyway. So...

It *might* be one of those abilities that survived for leveling through the lower levels. Unholy uses it's blood runes on Festering Strike or Blood boil, Frost has no Blood runes (perma death runes) and Blood has Heart strike.

Not sure what level we get what abilities these days, but I suspect Blood strike just fills the gap for a while until it comes off the bar for good. Expect it go when the address the bloat.... or it'll get a re-design.

10+ Year Old Account
    It was originally for leveling and the only way to use blood runes back in...3xx something, before we got specific specs, that I can remember. I think we might have had blood boil at the time, too, but it was weak as hell. Before Cata/MoP, Frost had blood runes (didn't have perma-death runes) and Blood didn't get heart strike till past 60. But it's been years so my memory might be faulty.

Anyway, it's like what Primal Strike is to a shaman. Just left over stuff that no one really needs to use but it's there.

Deleted
    Despite the massive decrease in the damage it does compared, BS is still kinda useful in situations where you absolutely *cannot* afford to cleave and replaces HS in those situations.

Other than that it has use when levelling (except the obvious BB is better dps argument) so I get the feeling that's why it hasn't been removed so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Damyou View Post
    Despite the massive decrease in the damage it does compared, BS is still kinda useful in situations where you absolutely *cannot* afford to cleave and replaces HS in those situations.

Other than that it has use when levelling (except the obvious BB is better dps argument) so I get the feeling that's why it hasn't been removed so far.
    if any dk has it on their bars ever they're doing it wrong
    this is why blizzard has to dumb the game down. they can't give people options because idiots choose the wrong options. they know most of their remaining subs are idiots and they have to protect them from themselves. it's pathetic

Post constructively
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2013-09-04 at 04:07 PM.

Deleted

Exactly, except Blood, the only spec that could actually find some uses for Blood Strike doesn't even have it the spellbook, for some reason. (At least I don't have it. Please tell me I'm not the only one..)
    Last edited by mmoc63d91da705; 2013-09-04 at 05:04 PM.

Deleted
    You're right... as much as the ability is never used any more that hadn't twigged for me at all. It seems odd because there are occasionally situations where cleave really does need to be avoided (DA HC anyone?) but we just don't have the option as blood any more.

You're right... as much as the ability is never used any more that hadn't twigged for me at all. It seems odd because there are occasionally situations where cleave really does need to be avoided (DA HC anyone?) but we just don't have the option as blood any more.
    You could use soul reaper. It wouldn't give you the bonus damage of course, but it might be better than just not doing anything.

Why would you need to avoid using Heart Strike on Heroic Animus?

I'm DPS main spec but I OT that fight every week and haven't had any problems with it ever.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SRF View Post
    Why would you need to avoid using Heart Strike on Heroic Animus?

I'm DPS main spec but I OT that fight every week and haven't had any problems with it ever.
    As far as i'm aware most guilds use a zerg tactic these days and apart from the obvious fact that DK's can't survive that tactic, killing adds results in very very bad things happening. Despite the reduction in AoE damage our monk tank with his absurd levels of vengeance was destroying his adds with just a few misplaced keg smashes.

Quote Originally Posted by Anetulan View Post
    You could use soul reaper. It wouldn't give you the bonus damage of course, but it might be better than just not doing anything.
    It's actually much better than not doing anything; in 5.4 it's about 95% as good as Heart Strike on a single target above 35%, so yeah, just use Blood runes on Soul Reaper if you have to avoid cleaving for some reason.

Also remember that we won't have free Rune Tap once we break the T15 2 set, so that's another thing we'll be using Blood runes on.

People actually use runes for Rune Tap on a regular basis? °_°

It's a weak spell but.... It can be used in situations where you want to burn up your blood runes and not AoE dps with blood boil. So in PvP I have 2 blood runes that I want to use up, my target is beside another target which is cc'd. Using Blood Strike uses the blood runes and doesn't break the second targets cc. Same thing can apply in PvE situations where you want to use up blood runes without AoE dmg.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Priority View Post
    It's a weak spell but.... It can be used in situations where you want to burn up your blood runes and not AoE dps with blood boil. So in PvP I have 2 blood runes that I want to use up, my target is beside another target which is cc'd. Using Blood Strike uses the blood runes and doesn't break the second targets cc. Same thing can apply in PvE situations where you want to use up blood runes without AoE dmg.
    You must be talking Unholy since it is the only spec that still has the spell. And if things are that close in pve, some other idiot is going to break the CC anyway, may as well not even bother.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asheriah View Post
    Exactly, except Blood, the only spec that could actually find some uses for Blood Strike doesn't even have it the spellbook, for some reason. (At least I don't have it. Please tell me I'm not the only one..)
    If I remember correctly, doesn't Heart Strike replace Blood Strike for blood dks?
    Aelmagus
    <Delusions of Grandeur>
    [H] Runetotem - US

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Oh, PVP twinks. I thought this was about Anduin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    I am so triggered right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Lachez View Post
    If I remember correctly, doesn't Heart Strike replace Blood Strike for blood dks?
    it's there, just pretty much useless. when we were doing ambershaper we were doing a 3 tank strat and i was considering actually using it a time or two but then we all laughed about it in vent and i didn't

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lachez View Post
    Probably, yes.

it's there, just pretty much useless
    I don't have it in my spellbook.