Thread: Pokémon!

it also gives kids a false choice, makes them feel like they are making some big decision
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

I personally like X & Y than B/W. Gen V felt somewhat lacking in the pokemon designs and the fact there were fewer gender differences between pokemon unlike Gen IV. X & Y have more innovations and the Mega forms are something cool (I believe it was hinted that dome pokemon had potential to go beyond their last forms). The starters are good in design just like R/B & G/S. People that complain about new characteristics don't see thay the franchise is evolving and enhances play style giving more options that weren't present in past generations.

I would get really mad if Fennekin turns into ANOTHER Fire/Fighting type... Come on enough of that type combo, there are plenty of combos not being explored:

Normal/Ghost
    Bug/Psychic
    Grass/Dragon
    Dragon/Rock
    Steel/Fighting
    Etc...
    Last edited by Ayazaki1218; 2013-09-05 at 09:23 PM.
    Howl to the stars wishing I could be one....

pretty much everything in the leak has been confirmed so far besides the 2nd mewtwo form so that should mean that fennekin will be fire/psychic. froakie will be water/fighting, and chespin will be grass/dark

- - - Updated - - -

he also said this form looked more like mew. so its possible he was still right and its a mega mew not a mega mewtwo
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    pretty much everything in the leak has been confirmed so far besides the 2nd mewtwo form so that should mean that fennekin will be fire/psychic. froakie will be water/fighting, and chespin will be grass/dark
    Chespin Grass/Dark? Mmm the x4 weakness to bug seems unappealing...

Quote Originally Posted by avatarshaoran View Post
    Psh, who seriously use bugs anyway. ^_~

Quote Originally Posted by PetersenIII View Post
    Psh, who seriously use bugs anyway. ^_~
    Scizor, & Volcarona would like to chat with you.
    Last edited by Ayazaki1218; 2013-09-05 at 09:34 PM.

Scizor, Celebi, Volcarona would like to chat with you.
    Hence the winky? Though I didn't realize Celebi was a bug.

I can't wait to get my hands on this. How hard was Gen 5? The last time I played pokemon was in Middle school and that blue version. I know it's pretty different now.

Quote Originally Posted by PetersenIII View Post
    Hence the winky? Though I didn't realize Celebi was a bug.
    Ya corrected... I haven't played in a long time I often forgot types.

Also why does Charizard retains it Flying type after megavolving? Stealth Rock lovers rejoice!
    Last edited by Ayazaki1218; 2013-09-05 at 09:41 PM.

yeah but imagine how cool it will look O_O

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Flame6 View Post
    I can't wait to get my hands on this. How hard was Gen 5? The last time I played pokemon was in Middle school and that blue version. I know it's pretty different now.
    story modes in pokemon games are always pretty easy. they might keep the hard mode in though but who knows if they will let you use it right away

Wow, they put a hard mode in these things now? Actually I'm pretty happy they're easy still. I enjoy a slight challenge but just prefer using w/e Pokemon look cool or might evolve into something really neat. I don't have enough time to craft a decent group and plan everything out.

Wow, they put a hard mode in these things now? Actually I'm pretty happy they're easy still. I enjoy a slight challenge but just prefer using w/e Pokemon look cool or might evolve into something really neat. I don't have enough time to craft a decent group and plan everything out.
    it was only added in the last game and required you to beat the game first

Deleted
    It was in Black 2 and White 2. It would be very, very nice if they did it in X and Y too. If they don't do it right at the start I'll hope they someday include it in an update somewhere after the release.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfKnees View Post
    I want this pokemon. Ghost/Dragon pls.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    megas in digimon are just one of many stages, its not really like mega evolution at all.

its more like armor digivolving since it requires a specific stone to be held by the pokemon it was created for. and even then its not "stolen" digimon isnt the first series to have something change into a super form after getting a magic object.
    The biggest problem is that its temporary.

"Temporary evolution" is pretty oxymoronic. At least with digimon is was digivolution. Part of me wishes the stone just changed the pokemon's form(e) for a short period of time instead of it being classed as evolution.
    Last edited by -Ethos-; 2013-09-06 at 12:20 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Aw. I don't like the gen 5-6 trading thing, I don't got access to WIFI or wireless internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Enjeh View Post
    Aw. I don't like the gen 5-6 trading thing, I don't got access to WIFI or wireless internet.
    They were struggling to find a way to trade between DS to 3DS. But when you think about this as a continuing thing for future generations it is the smart choice.

I think nintendo has wi-fi hotspots in most McDonald's resturants. Might not seem ideal but better than nothing right?

Here's a link to check for any in your area.

http://www.nintendo.com/3ds/nintendozone
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 4527-7566-5852. PM if you add me.

10+ Year Old Account
    I kinda wanna get a 3ds xl, but I don't want to buy a plain one just yet incase they bring the special red and blue ones over Australia.

Anyone know if they've made any mention of it?
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

So you need a mega bracelet to mega evovle

This is a total rip off from digimon

Mega bracelet = digivice
    Mega stones = Crests

D:

10+ Year Old Account
    Digimon ripped off Sailor Moon.

digivice = Sailor Moon chest crystal.
    Crest = voice command.

D:
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Deleted
    sorry but did you see http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=blhaSxUJ-OU ?
    i was reffering to the trainer pressing on his watch to mega-volve his pokemon (that just screams digi-vice)

that was just how they obtained it for the 1st time, later on they didn't need to be shot by an arrow

Also to everyone looking for a more challanging pokemon white/black 2... try pokemon blaze black/volt white 2... on challange mode it's no joke
    Last edited by mmocda667d9fcc; 2013-09-06 at 07:03 AM.