Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Assuming Garrosh is not killed in the siege like that cinematic shows then no it's not finished, but also if he does die it's very probable that the end of the Hellscream name comes with his death unless they decide to say he had a kid with someone or another brother or something of the sort.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by thesmall001 View Post
    But I've always said that Grom's sacrifice was hardly even redeeming. If you single-handedly mess your entire race up that badly then fixing your mistake isn't a redemption. It's just a given. Not doing it would've made him either a coward or a villain. As Illidan demonstrated, there are some things from which one cannot be redeemed no matter how much they atone they will always have made their mistake and that fact cannot be redeemed.
    Was he the hero he's made out to be? Hell no, he was one of the first (willing) to drink the blood when Gul'dan was asking (forcing) the clans to drink it, and after even though already knowing of demonic corruption again drank Mannaroth's blood in W3.
    He was a great warrior and a strong leader, however he was too rash and prideful, this lead to Thrall sending him to Ashenvale to cut wood. Finding the Night Elves he attacked without question showing his battle/blood lust.
    Looking at Garrosh and Grom I think that the blood lust is just a Hellscream thing, the demon blood only ever empowered them and bound there wills, I doubt it ever made them mindless savages.

His redemption is a nice story, and all Orc's should be aware of how he defeated there ex-master, but they should also remember how many times he tripped up. Life has got it's ups and down, and all we ever heard from Thrall was "Grom freed us", "Grom was a hero". This naturally would cause the same mistakes to be made by Garrosh.

OT: Is it the end of the Hellscream line, yes most likely (be silly to just say look another Hellscream out of no where). The Hellscream Clan was more likely turned into the Kor'Kron save a few, so it should still live on providing they aren't involved in the Siege.

Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    Soap Opera Aging!

- - - Updated - - -

A Druid did it. Trees grow really fast when druids MAKE them grow.
    I call bullspit on that.

Deleted
    I fear for the worst since Zaela disappears and all. After Grom and Garrosh I just hope we are done with anything Hellscream.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I like how everybody assumes because Grom was the first that he forced all of them to drink demon blood. The frostwolf clan was the only clan that decided against drinking demon blood, so I would infer that each individual clan leader led by example. Grom might have been the first chieftain to drink it, but every clan likely had a choice. It's not like he forced everybody to guzzle down demonblood.

He is responsible for himself AND his warsong clan. His sacrifice might have been motivated by a selfish desire to cleanse himself, but it extended to all of the other clans that willingly took place in drinking the blood. When he saw Thrall getting cleaved into the mountain side and then moments later compared to being the same as the very demon who enslaved most of the orc race he basically exploded. He didn't want to be compared to such a monster.

Mannoroth (and his blood) represented a very dark moment with the orc race and during the moment he was struck down it stopped being a reality and started being history.

His only real mistake was drinking the blood again in Ashenvale. He and most of the orcs were tricked into it the first time, but there was little excuse the second time. Granted that his back was pushed up against the wall against a bunch of night elves who attack and ask question laters (to be fair, trying to reason with Grom wouldn't have gotten far anyways).

He and his son are only similar in regards to doing something that endangers them and those around him in a bid for power. The difference between them is Grom was tricked the first time and was deeply apologetic the second time, meaning that he could tell the difference between right and wrong. Garrosh on the otherhand has never shown such a trait and has seen (and been advised) countless times on the items he's collected in a bid of conquest.

They have similarities but they have a lot of differences.
    Last edited by Tojara; 2013-09-06 at 04:11 PM.

But I've always said that Grom's sacrifice was hardly even redeeming. If you single-handedly mess your entire race up that badly then fixing your mistake isn't a redemption.
    Grom just stepped up and was the first to claim the power that Gul'dan offered in the form of Mannoroths Blood, doubtful that no Orc would have drank from that chalice if Grom wouldn't have been the first.

Sure you can blame Grom to be the first, but it was Gul'dan who actually brought the Orcs into this situation, Grom was just the figurehead of this movement but not the one that gave the direction.

As Illidan demonstrated, there are some things from which one cannot be redeemed no matter how much they atone they will always have made their mistake and that fact cannot be redeemed.
    Illidan was just batshit insane in the end, he thought he defeated Arthas and fulfilled Kil'jaedens command while preparing his forces to repel KJ's Burning Legion which are sent down to kill off Illidan because he failed.

Illidan made "peace" (Not 100% but they would leave each other alone) with the Night elves, the only people that "suffered" at Illidans hands, he could have been a decent guy in Outland but the fact that he twisted the Black temple even further, enslaved entire tribes of Broken ones and used an alternate source of power to built up an Demon army made him bad.

And tried to take Shattrath from the Naaru, total dominance over Outland, ordering the Naga to drain the Zangarmarsh to control the water in Outland, trying to claim those allpowerful Naaru Crystals, and so forth.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    the hellscream line should have died with Grom, and keep its honorable name.

Instead, now the name hellscream will go down as the biggest crux and taint the horde has had to its name.
    Gul'dan says hi. Also Garrosh knocked up Zaela OP.

- - - Updated - - -

this was already raised in the most recent blue post, we do infact kill Garrosh in SoO.
    Expect some alternate reality bs.
    [Citation needed]

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Illidan was dealt a bad hand as well. His intentions were good but the magic he used and the lengths he would go to in order to save his people is what caused problems. Regardless of the magic he used he alone saved his people a couple of times only to be yelled at by his brother.

"Okay you saved us all from annihilation, but that's not important, what's important is how you did it so we are going to lock you up for thousands of years".
    "Okay you saved us again after we released you, but you went back to your old ways to do it, we won't be so harsh this time but you're banished this time!"

The Hellscream name is played out in my opinion. Grom was a fuck up and his sniveling child ended up being one too, yes... I remember meeting Garrosh in Nagrand and laughing in his face for being such a baby when his father single handedly corrupted the Orcs again. The name Hellscream is just another way of saying 'here comes the derp bus', but Blizzard can't seem to move on from certain characters so I am sure as other have said that Zaela is pregnant. And you can guarantee that child will be a total son of a bitch.

Really getting tired of the forced Garrosh/Zaela shipping.

Yes, he's dead, and he had no children.

Quote Originally Posted by Bulletnips View Post
    Gul'dan says hi. Also Garrosh knocked up Zaela OP.

- - - Updated - - -

[Citation needed]
    Don't have the cite either, but I can confirm that I saw the post that Garosh does in fact die. Of course you know death is only a setback.

10+ Year Old Account
    do Orcs actually have family names?

it seems to me that titles like 'Hellscream' only last for a couple generations, not in perpetuity (like Roman Honorific Styles, i.e. agnomen and cognomen)
    Last edited by Grubjuice; 2013-09-06 at 04:23 PM.

When someone asks you if you're a god, YOU SAY 'YES'!

Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Illidan was dealt a bad hand as well. His intentions were good but the magic he used and the lengths he would go to in order to save his people is what caused problems. Regardless of the magic he used he alone saved his people a couple of times only to be yelled at by his brother.

"Okay you saved us all from annihilation, but that's not important, what's important is how you did it so we are going to lock you up for thousands of years".
    "Okay you saved us again after we released you, but you went back to your old ways to do it, we won't be so harsh this time but you're banished this time!"
    Poor illidan. Like the red headed stepchild of wow.

Instead, now the name hellscream will go down as the biggest most recent crux and taint the horde has had to its name.
    don't confuse most recent and biggest. Don't forget how the orcs even got to azeroth in the first place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarchor View Post
    The Horde or rather the Orcs would have an identity crisis without a Hellscream around.

Wether the bloodline stops or not doesn't matter, sooner or later one or the other orc character will pop up again that will give that aggresive tone to the Horde that it needs.
    but that only requires a figurative Hellscream, not a literal Hellscream

When someone asks you if you're a god, YOU SAY 'YES'!

All these people tossing Guldan's name around like he was a bad guy. He is an inspiration to all warlock based activities I aspire to every day. In fact I routinely picnic in shadowmoon, truly delightful.

A great warlock goes out of his way to provide simpletons with great power and he is chastised and blamed for it. blah.

10+ Year Old Account
    When I think about Garrosh and Zaela getting it on, I can't help but think of this scene from Austin Powers.

"I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.

Eh, considering how Garrosh turned out, I don't think the Hellscream line is really worth saving anyway.

I'm more worried about Saurfang's. At least his kid was prety bad ass (for the few seconds he had a chance to be anyway) and he wasn't a whiny little spaz like Garrosh. Too bad I doubt the old guy has any kids roaming about, or is likly to make another.
    I AM the world's first Shadow Mage.

10+ Year Old Account

Instead, now the name hellscream will go down as the biggest crux and taint the horde has had to its name.
    His dad already gave the Hellscream a terrible name.

Does one final act (which he did purely for himself) delete everything previously done? Grom was a dickhead, just like his son. At least Garrosh can handle the power he has taken.
    Last edited by Tekkommo; 2013-09-06 at 04:51 PM.

oh and garrosh wasn't?

at least groms self sacrifice redeemed him.
    He started a bunch of shit, but only much later stopped it. The shit should never have been started. Grom wasn't a hero or anything, he was a mess, but because he fixed his shit at the end people view him as a good guy. Blood was still shed because of his mistakes, fixing it when it's too late isn't redeeming himself, at least not enough to make him a hero. It's at long last that the Hellscream line ends.