Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    Can't buy them from Moto anymore. Laurels seems like a waste, same for Fractal Relics...I still need to finish my ascended stuff :P

Just annoying lol...they made my legendary just that much more difficult to finish this last patch.
    Well...I went from 67% (Food+heroes banner+50%+account Karma bonus) to 50%...which, while significant, is understandable - those karma containers are intended to be a static reward, originally intended (at least, as far as I can tell) simply as a means to reward you with karma for a task, that you could then send to alts. With the addition of the wallet, I'm frankly surprised they're still in game, but *shrug*

Of course, I'm not too concerned, as I broke the 1.1M karma barrier (which is slightly more than needed (average) to complete a legendary) on Monday

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

Can't buy them from Moto anymore. Laurels seems like a waste, same for Fractal Relics...I still need to finish my ascended stuff :P

Just annoying lol...they made my legendary just that much more difficult to finish this last patch.
    Moto isn't selling them now? I wonder why they did that. Oh well, there were probably too many ways to get them anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by rhandric View Post
    Well...I went from 67% (Food+heroes banner+50%+account Karma bonus) to 50%...which, while significant, is understandable - those karma containers are intended to be a static reward, originally intended (at least, as far as I can tell) simply as a means to reward you with karma for a task, that you could then send to alts. With the addition of the wallet, I'm frankly surprised they're still in game, but *shrug*

Of course, I'm not too concerned, as I broke the 1.1M karma barrier (which is slightly more than needed (average) to complete a legendary) on Monday
    Yeah but for the daily/monthly now, you don't get Jugs anymore. Really really sucks as I enjoyed doing my daily/monthly and getting those D: It's like 600 for a daily now and 6000 for the monthly. It does have the side effect of pushing people towards events again for karma...so that's good I guess.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Yeah but for the daily/monthly now, you don't get Jugs anymore. Really really sucks as I enjoyed doing my daily/monthly and getting those D: It's like 600 for a daily now and 6000 for the monthly. It does have the side effect of pushing people towards events again for karma...so that's good I guess.
    Oh you don't? That's news to me, that's interesting

Quote Originally Posted by rhandric View Post
    Oh you don't? That's news to me, that's interesting
    Yeah just Drops of Liquid Karma now, not Jugs. With no bonus, 600 karma each. It kinda blows lol. Like a 6200 reduction per daily not including previous bonuses.

Quote Originally Posted by Exroyal View Post
    OK, lets chance topic then. Do you think heroes will return?
    They promised me that GW2 would have companions.

I still feel betrayed, I shall never forgive them!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    I can't decide what I want my female Charr elementalist to look like. I had a look planned out MONTHS ago before she was perpetually set aside for Living Story stuff, but now that I look at it I don't like it as much anymore.
    I couldn't find a female charr look I liked, so made a male charr elementalist. (I wanted to get teh achievements for story)

I leveled to 30, then deleted because I'm an Asura guy, so didn't want the union to complain. Made an Asura and the animations just... aren't as good. (Breathing fire/frost looks meh, skating on fire becomes just another jump...)

So remade my first charr, just got him to 80 a couple nights ago, celestial armor with the heritage skins (but flaming claws).

I could probably post a screenshot to the character thread, if desired.

I don't think there is a need for them any more because Karma is account bound now.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray_Matter View Post
    I don't think there is a need for them any more because Karma is account bound now.
    There's a need in that I need karma :P I'm one of those shitty people who just plays one char too. Hate leveling.

Asura animations with the conjured weapons are fantastic, really made me second guess making a Charr. Unfortunately, the only classes I hadn't made at the time were thief and elementalist. I already had a Charr ranger and didn't want a second one also in medium armor.

I think if I had it all to do over again I'd rearrange my cast of characters based on what I know about animations, armors, and how often I play particular classes. Too late now though.

Well that all sounds ridiculous...
    Well, no less ridculous than discussiong the horns on a Charr Mesmer or some such.

Game design and gameplay are the apex of video game conversation. All else is dross.

Not sure how it's relevant to making ascended gear impossible to obtain either...aside from Mithrilium and Spirit Residue just having a 1 per day cooldown...nothing else requires dailies to accomplish.
    The conversation was on the dailies and their operation more so than the weapons. That point had been moved away from.

Quote Originally Posted by Exroyal View Post
    OK, lets chance topic then. Do you think heroes will return?
    Unlikely for general play. Possible in solo/instanced play similar to the PS with the tree guy.

There isn't anything in the structure of the game that outright contradicts Heroes, per se. At least in the current state of the game.

Unlikely for general play. Possible in solo/instanced play similar to the PS with the tree guy.

There isn't anything in the structure of the game that outright contradicts Heroes, per se. At least in the current state of the game.
    Yea would be nice to hire a mercenary or bring in a "hero" if you don't have a full group during an instance or something. I wanna bring zojja to all my dungeons. Caithe is just a downer...

I can almost solo some of those dungeons and fractals. And the special event ones I solo'd so far. Probably possible for me to solo them the whole way with more dedication but I don't have that much vigor for any one game personally.

Heroes would likely be overkill I think.

Or at worse, a clustercluck of RURICKYRUDOINGTHAT?!. With no way to control them. I mean Anet would have to create a whole interface from scratch for like dungeons. Not to mention getting the balance right between heroes smart enough to not be derp-machines but also not so godly as to exhibit supernatural reflexes on par with Annie-Bot.

Certainly possible, but damn unlikely.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm really missing heroes or henchmen, it was one of the GW1 features I liked most. Or even the possibility to convert one of your on chars to a hero (or a henchmen, can't remember...)

While soloing stuff might be cool, it seems I can't do it. Might be an unoptimized build, no ascend gear at all, or just the facts that I hate running in circles for 15 minutes to down 6 veterans or one champ.
    Sing like no one is listening - Love like you've never been hurt
    Dance like no one is watching - Masturbate like no one else is on the bus

Deleted
    Does anyone know if the new legendarys will have the same mats requirement as the ones in game now? Or have they even said anything about when they are coming?

I'm not sure I want to get any of the existing ones but it would be nice to start crafting the "base" at least, I have way too much stuff in my bank

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    The conversation was on the dailies and their operation more so than the weapons. That point had been moved away from.
    Other dude was asking about weapons above you. Either way, not sure how much there's to discuss about dailies...they take all of 20 minutes. The guide on Dulfy's should help anyone get them done in a short amount of time.

This Bloodstone Dust is killing me. It's account bound, you can't craft with it unless you're at 450, and tons of the stuff is in every champ bag you open. I hate to just destroy it, but I have over 5k of the stuff already and nothing I can do with it. (I don't want to level crafting, especially not at current market prices.)

If you have a spare alt with extra bag space, throw it on them until you're ready to level your crafting further.

Strangely since this last update, I haven't had any desire to play so I haven't touched the game since then. Never thought I'd say that.

Anyway, hopefully the next update will have something more interesting for me.

I feel that too, but probably for different reasons. It's a large part of burnout from the past month.

10+ Year Old Account
    meh, I just can't get into Charr. They just don't look appealing to me. Asura, fuck yeah. Norn, fuck yeah. Human, sure. Sylvari, sure. Charr... meh

I've almost got every race to 30 for story achievements, except Charr. my Charr Thief is still stuck at level 2.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything