Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Anecdotes are swell and all, but that particular phase deals 40k damage per second if a player cannot find the path. Plenty of folks die to that and not the beam.
    Do you have any logs or other data supporting this?
    I haven't seen any logs where players died from the Eye Sore (unless most of the raid/healers where dead already), but have seen countless ones where the healers could keep up multiple such players. (For ex. the one I linked.) Right now only your claim is without any base, and is only a "anecdote".

Quote Originally Posted by Wanko View Post
    I haven't seen any logs where players died from the Eye Sore (unless most of the raid/healers where dead already), but have seen countless ones where the healers could keep up multiple such players. (For ex. the one I linked.) Right now only your claim is without any base, and is only a "anecdote".

I don't have logs, the data for the damage is right in the raid guide. It's fairly simple to state that if your healers aren't keeping folks up, or if folks start this stage already with some health missing, eye sore dots can and will kill them. It's happened to me, it's happened to other folks in this thread. Saying that it simply can't happen is absurd. More people die to the beam itself, certainly, but that isn't the argument.

Deleted
    I don't have logs, the data for the damage is right in the raid guide. It's fairly simple to state that if your healers aren't keeping folks up, or if folks start this stage already with some health missing, eye sore dots can and will kill them. It's happened to me, it's happened to other folks in this thread. Saying that it simply can't happen is absurd. More people die to the beam itself, certainly, but that isn't the argument.
    Well, the original statement (1) was:
    Quote Originally Posted by Basemath View Post
    Nonsense. The cloud will kill you in LFR, even if you get healed. Different story if you rotate defensives just to prove a point.
    After that:
    (2)
    You can run around in the maze wall all day and you still won't die.
    Your answer:
    (3)
    That isn't true in the slightest.
    vs my statement:
    (4)
    If you have any healers in your group, then you can run around in the maze wall all day and you still won't die, except (maybe) if too many do the same.

(1) is complete BS.
    (2) is only questionable if the healers are either dead/afk/not-afk-but-still-refuse-to-heal-somewhy.
    (3) would be acceptable response, if you would have spared the last part. (2) is normally true, not always, but more often that not. (According to my data, and to the fact that I haven't seen any contradictory information/data/logs.)
    (4) would need extension for present, but completely useless healers. But if I would assume that they are that common in LFR, then I would be bashing LFR in some ppls opinion, so I would refrain from that.

So no. The maze is largely unimportant. Just don't get yourself killed by the beam. You will only die from the Eye Sore after ~10s without any healing. In 10s you should be able to find the path.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stand where the purple shit isn't. What's so hard about that? I can't blame the tank for laughing.

Why did this need a thread?
    Aye mate

Quote Originally Posted by Binko View Post
    Sorry, brain can't think about 2 things at once these days without jumbling them. Yes I mean LFR.
    that's another reason why LFR is so hard. :-)

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/d...&e=6645#Zemphi
    First lfr log i looked at. 2nd death.
    And yeah i've seen plenty of people die to the fog. Get fatality instead of coming with random things when you clearly don't look around enouhg :P

Looked through some more. More than half of them had eye sore deaths. And i only looked on some from the ranking list.
    The great lfr i had last night with 2/3rd dying at first maze and 1/3 of the remaining on second, had most dying from eye sore.
    A few died from beam, but most just died from the maze itself. Could see everybody go down slowly in health.
    Last edited by Terridon; 2013-09-07 at 01:16 PM.
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

Deleted
    Durumu is pretty annoying in LFR if you've only seen videos. And what is a 545 tank doing in LFR anyway?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Terridon View Post
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/d...&e=6645#Zemphi
    First lfr log i looked at. 2nd death.
    And yeah i've seen plenty of people die to the fog. Get fatality instead of coming with random things when you clearly don't look around enouhg :P

Looked through some more. More than half of them had eye sore deaths. And i only looked on some from the ranking list.
    The great lfr i had last night with 2/3rd dying at first maze and 1/3 of the remaining on second, had most dying from eye sore.
    A few died from beam, but most just died from the maze itself. Could see everybody go down slowly in health.
    And you can't read logs my friend.
    If someone dies from an ability, that does damage, then it looks like this:
    Ability_Name Player_Name Damage (A: Absorbed, O: Overkill_damage)

If that isn't there, then that didn't killed the player. The 2nd death (and more than likely the other deaths you mentioned) is from the Disintegration Beam. Furthermore that player was on 100% health just 3s before. :P Learn2readlogs.

============
    PS:
    This is actually a nice log!

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/d...5#tab-dmgspell

One of the Druids took 2.2M damage from Eye Sore, and survived! -____-
    He took 4 times as much damage as her own DPS!!
    Last edited by mmoc0083755d71; 2013-09-07 at 01:37 PM.

Deleted
    Probably the hardest ToT boss even on "LFR"..seriously how can it be easy when he RANDOMLY make the purple RANDOMLY then use the Maze think..seriously you can´t predict this shit..if it was like the fight in Zul´Gurub with High Priest Venoxis..then it would be easy as pie..but it isn´t..
    Last edited by mmocb2d4aeaa07; 2013-09-07 at 01:34 PM. Reason: Added Zul´Gurub..

And you can't read logs my friend.
    If someone dies from an ability, that does damage, then it looks like this:
    Ability_Name Player_Name Damage (A: Absorbed, O: Overkill_damage)

If that isn't there, then that didn't killed the player. The 2nd death (and more than likely the other deaths you mentioned) is from the Disintegration Beam. Furthermore that player was on 100% health just 3s before. :P Learn2readlogs.
    Okay i was too fast there. Just sweeped the mouse over and saw 3 ticks and asumed it was that, and not him jumping the beam :P
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...s/?s=639&e=829 The last just dies to it anyway. It's possible and happens rather often overall.

Edit:
    About the one taking 4 times it's damage. It's a healing druid, so not so impressive to take more damage than the damage it does. It probably just ignore most of it with some hots up on itself.
    It also just took 1.88million damage from eye sore. Looks like we both suck at reading logs ^^
    Last edited by Terridon; 2013-09-07 at 01:54 PM.
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

Quote Originally Posted by Binko View Post
    In any other area of human experience in my entire life where people are in a group attempting to accomplish a goal the more experienced people would just naturally offer up their advice and experience so that things go more smoothly. My god, it's like some of you have never done anything in life besides play video games.
    And that's the fucking issue with humans.
    1st to 4th grade? I couldn't say the answers to questions because others needed a chance to "get their work done" and the teacher "knew I knew the answer but others have to say it as well".

5th to 8th grade? I was denied going to the IMO (International Mathematical Olympiad) because I was always complaining about the class going too slow and not doing my homework. Apparently someone that "works more" was more fit for that even tho she had no idea what she was doing. But instead of telling her she's stupid she was handheld through Grade School (teachers changing marks because she struggled a lot).

High School? We had to cut back on 2 hours of Maths, 2 hours of Physics and 1 of Chemistry because "people couldn't keep up". I was one of the 3 people(out of 30) that could pass Maths and Chemistry without "help". Help was after people got failing grades, we would sing carols in the winter and everyone would get a passing mark. In the summer it would be the Closing Ceremony.

Mechatronics & Nanotechnology univeristy? We lost courses and had to go in weekends because people couldn't keep up. WE HAD TO FUCKING SWITCH FROM C++ TO PASCAL because people couldn't get used to C++... 2nd fucking year in university. Failed exams could be taken again 5 times (up from 1).
    The entry exam was removed because people couldn't pass it. The year after I got into uni we only had 1 guy able to pass the exams. Now you enter the university based on your High School marks.

I've heard the term "Minimally exceptional"... Really? Is it that hard to tell people they are plain stupid? Is it so hard to tell people: "Hey you have no idea what you are doing! No one will wait for you, go get better on your OWN. YOU ARE DRAGGING 29 OTHER PEOPLE DOWN. STOP DOING IT, YOU ARE RUINING THIS FOR EVERYONE. STOP IT. STOP BEING STUPID!"

Is it so hard?:| People should work to get better not get their hands held like they are little fragile crystal balls.

EDIT: Want to know how I do LFR? I stay in bed with a wireless mouse. I stay 5 meters away from my 24" screen. I have WoW minimized to 1/9 of my screen. Under the first WoW, I have another window with an AHK script to mill each time I do a mouse movement (that's legal \o/). 6/9 of my screen there's a movie playing.
    I have:
    Wrath bound to mouse wheel up
    Starfire bound to mouse wheel down
    Starfall/Moonfire to mouse wheel click

I don't die in LFR. I see no way to die on Durumu. I usually finish the fights in the top 3 DPS.
    The fight is easy. It's too easy I'd say but how else would be able to go AFK and still get sexy purple loot?
    Last edited by Ichifails; 2013-09-07 at 02:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dingolicious View Post
    Durumu is pretty annoying in LFR if you've only seen videos. And what is a 545 tank doing in LFR anyway?
    having fun ?

Quote Originally Posted by arcaneshot View Post
    Durumu LFR's difficulty has nothing to do with anything on the ground-- it has to do with that beam chasing you. The maze does practically no damage in LFR and too big a deal is made of it.
    This is true, if your group is struggling, get eveyrone to stack up and pop healing cooldowns. The end.

Of course, if your healers are the issue then yeah...

But I don't know. I'm 550 ilvl and if these ppl in LFR had been saying they don't know what to do, I'd have just explained it. Not every geared raider is a jerk, and most jerks are actually pretty bad and, like you said, just need the egostroking to make up for their bad raid nights where they get yelled at.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ichifails View Post
    1st to 4th grade? I couldn't say the answers to questions because others needed a chance to "get their work done" and the teacher "knew I knew the answer but others have to say it as well".

5th to 8th grade? I was denied going to the IMO (International Mathematical Olympiad) because I was always complaining about the class going too slow and not doing my homework. Apparently someone that "works more" was more fit for that even tho she had no idea what she was doing. But instead of telling her she's stupid she was handheld through Grade School (teachers changing marks because she struggled a lot).

High School? We had to cut back on 2 hours of Maths, 2 hours of Physics and 1 of Chemistry because "people couldn't keep up". I was one of the 3 people(out of 30) that could pass Maths and Chemistry without "help". Help was after people got failing grades, we would sing carols in the winter and everyone would get a passing mark. In the summer it would be the Closing Ceremony.

Mechatronics & Nanotechnology univeristy? We lost courses and had to go in weekends because people couldn't keep up. WE HAD TO FUCKING SWITCH FROM C++ TO PASCAL because people couldn't get used to C++... 2nd fucking year in university. Failed exams could be taken again 5 times (up from 1).
    The entry exam was removed because people couldn't pass it. The year after I got into uni we only had 1 guy able to pass the exams. Now you enter the university based on your High School marks.

I've heard the term "Minimally exceptional"... Really? Is it that hard to tell people they are plain stupid? Is it so hard to tell people: "Hey you have no idea what you are doing! No one will wait for you, go get better on your OWN. YOU ARE DRAGGING 29 OTHER PEOPLE DOWN. STOP DOING IT, YOU ARE RUINING THIS FOR EVERYONE. STOP IT. STOP BEING STUPID!"

Is it so hard?:| People should work to get better not get their hands held like they are little fragile crystal balls.
    Thank goodness, in the end it's attitude and personality that counts, two things you seem very bad at. I'd take that girl any day over you in my group just so that I don't have to deal with an ass like you seem to be, and instead of going down on her I'd help her out. Is it so hard? Stop being an idiot!!

Deleted
    Okay i was too fast there. Just sweeped the mouse over and saw 3 ticks and asumed it was that, and not him jumping the beam :P
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...s/?s=639&e=829 The last just dies to it anyway. It's possible and happens rather often overall.
    Yes, since there was only 1 healer left (Melchi)...
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...e/?s=808&e=830
    and he decided to afk (or dc'ed)...

I'm not saying it isn't impossible, but is it terribly unlikely...

It also just took 1.88million damage from eye sore. Looks like we both suck at reading logs ^^
    And the absorbs. Which you, unlike me, ignored.
    It was precisely 2.12M.

Ignorance is not an excuse for stupidity, if you do not know what to do ask before the pull. If you gimp the raid because you intentionally remained ignorant then you deserve any grief you get.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spazzeh View Post
    I'm sorry, but if after leveling to 90 and gearing up to do LFR, if you STILL haven't realized that "stuff on ground" is generally (as in 90% of the time) bad for you...

...just...

...there are no words.
    I've beaten Durumu probably 8 times by now in LFR, and I still don't know the fight properly. I know eventually he makes the whole ground purple, and I have been insta-killed by him a few times, but I don't know how these things are related. And I can't find what causes it in the ability descriptions or combatlog either.

I'd say it's just a horribly designed boss.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ichifails View Post

If you want better standards in education go to better schools, if you want better players then do normal instead of LFR.

Deleted
    Well, I did think the purple stuff on the ground was supposed to be similar to the earlier trash that only leave a small path to navigate through safely. But having done the boss a few times I realize that sometimes there simply isn't any space to walk on, it's just completely covered. And it's ridiculous that dying to such an ability doesn't even show in the combat log. How are people supposed to learn?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    Well, I did think the purple stuff on the ground was supposed to be similar to the earlier trash that only leave a small path to navigate through safely. But having done the boss a few times I realize that sometimes there simply isn't any space to walk on, it's just completely covered. And it's ridiculous that dying to such an ability doesn't even show in the combat log. How are people supposed to learn?
    There is always space, 3 paths, and the initial cone. I'd say your problem is finding the initial cone (hint: look for the small purple sparks).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    It is in the combat log... if it isn't then you died from the Disintegration Beam. Most instant-kill mechanics aren't loged.