Thread: Arms week

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by senturion View Post
    Initially I thought I would play both arms and fury next tier..

After 2 weeks of arms... I was like.. **** this is so troublesome, switching and doing two seperate rotations. I'll just pick one spec to play - just arms all the way. Then, after the 3rd week, i got so bored of arms I was like.. Okay for this boss I shall Play fury ... just this one boss. second boss.. third boss... Now, I am like back to fury again cuz it just feels so much better. Anyone else feels like Arms is just like whacking a dummy? The playstyle is like so stale. MS, CS, Slam, OS, OS ... Uh oh rage pooling too fast .. Slam.. Slam.. Ah crap my OS stacks is building up... OS OS.. Hell now my rage is pooling up again! slam slam. What the heck CS button turns shiny... Click. Did I click it too early? Hey look.. It just turned shiny again!<click>

Then it dawned on me. I realize that I'm just mashing 3 buttons and actually I can just mash them with 3
    Fingers without even paying attention to them cuz my dps just stays flat.....

Boss dies. Ah crap.. Scroll down skada.. Phew... Not last.. Check WOL ranked top 20.

Decided to just play fury again for all bosses in 5.4.

Just checking if anyone went through the same ****
    I've been back and forth several times a day on whether to play Arms, Fury or both for 5.4. The thing is Arms is so stupidly overpowered on AOE and cleave, that going full Fury would be a severe gimp of your potential. After the heroic testing more bosses than I initially thought, will be easier if you're Arms.

So yes Arms is horrible to play, but with the DPS increase over fury.. do we have a choice?

my raid doesnt really push people to play the best spec available but i like to min/max so ill be playing arms/fury depending on which is needed for progression once that dies down ill probably go back to fury just cause i can react better to it then arms right now.. but really over the next few months ill be jumping back and forth just to keep it fresh in the lull between expansion and final tier

Deleted
    MS deals now 215% weapon damage and additional damage has been increased too. Check it out at PTR.

Quote Originally Posted by Yiris View Post
    MS deals now 215% weapon damage and additional damage has been increased too. Check it out at PTR.
    can anyone confirm this? sorry I currently do not have access to PTR

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vojka View Post
    http://gyazo.com/aa6dbe6d6624cf67f1ede381eb58c8b9

Deleted
    Now that's nice.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vojka View Post
    At least the tooltip has changed.

http://imgur.com/CmpkdBC

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrogs View Post
    At least the tooltip has changed.
    It also works, try it out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yiris View Post
    It also works, try it out.
    Wasn't implying anything else, I was just too lazy to check :P

Yes it works 215% on MS, rejoice Arms lovers!

Glorious, imagine with t14 2 piece! That would be like ~270% weapon damage haha

Can I confirm 1 thing on 5.4 arms: I think arch pointed out that it is basically CS and MS on cool down. Slam all the way..

Meaning: OS is a dps loss

- - - Updated - - -

Can I confirm 1 thing on 5.4 arms: I think arch pointed out that it is basically CS and MS on cool down. Slam all the way..

Quote Originally Posted by senturion View Post

- - - Updated - - -

I am also curious about this. Looks like OP will have 5 stacks and stay that way......

With crit>mastery>haste reforging we'll have about 40-50% mastery in T16 gear which makes OP & HS useful for proccing sudden death, mastery procs also give 5 rage with the 2set during CS. Just take a look at the latest simcraft actionlist.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbad View Post
    With crit>mastery>haste reforging we'll have about 40-50% mastery in T16 gear which makes OP & HS useful for proccing sudden death, mastery procs also give 5 rage with the 2set during CS. Just take a look at the latest simcraft actionlist.
    SO when should you use Slam? or are you saying CS, MS, OP, OP, Slam, and if we have rage OP+HS will be used over slam?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbad View Post
    with mastery > all reforge and mastery sockels i got 72% unbuffed

An Arms guide is being written this very moment, should be ready by tomorrow. Archimtiros has the ball on it. The rotation has changed away from slam spamming for single target.

removed, not completly correct - will post later
    Last edited by Oliria; 2013-09-08 at 06:29 PM.

I have a few grains of salt Oliria but nice that a guide is going up.

You don't have to save tfb stacks if you want to always have 3 OPs during CS just modify the rotation slightly to MS-OP-Slam-OP-MS instead of MS-2xOP-Slam-MS so that when CS procs on the last gcd before MS you have 1 stack of tfb+2 from the next MS. I doubt using heroic throw/shout as fillers is a dpsgain.

Do you use HS for the damage or for proccing sudden death, would the priority inside CS change if sudden death procs quickly?

Lets take a look at it when the guide is being finished. This rotation assumes you have T16 2p, which is why you wanna just so many abilities within CS. The wording is probably wrong, the idea is to have 3 Ops in CS, not to save 3 OPs before going into CS necesarrily.