Poll: What is your Sub Loss Prediction?

Page 8 of 41 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Around 500k. I might eat my words, but 5.4 will not be a big upswing like some people are thinking it will be.

Quote Originally Posted by fuZinator View Post
    Around 500k. I might eat my words, but 5.4 will not be a big upswing like some people are thinking it will be.
    Even if it is we won't know for sure until the Q4 report.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    I personally say at lease 600k but at most 1.2million.

- - - Updated - - -

If you mean F2p wow in china and no where else there will be a major shit storm in EU/US if China go's f2p and it dose not anywhere else.

Many people will be pissed they got to pay while china gets it for free and I personally would find that to be a shitty move on blizzards part. A big smack in the face to all EU/US players with them saying "Because we get more money from you you must pay"
    China always had a different paying system: pay per minute played with cell phone like payments.

Of course this system is no longer valid, so WoW along with WoW's f2p Hearthstone will be F2P in China. Probably coupled with in game advantages to boost combo play of these games. Everything is already in place over there, INCLUDING the agreement with the Chinese authorities to distribute both games through the same channel.

The west will have a combo play of subscription based WoW along with f2p Hearthstone. Something along the line of "get a WoW subscription" and participate in Arena HS play for x times free per month.

LOTS of combo possibilities with these kind of franchise games, like Hearthstone and the upcoming f2p Blizzard All Stars.

WoW digital franchised games just started and it will promote WoW play for the coming years.

2014 will up WoW play for sure with this marketing and the movie coming.

Actually who would NOT get a WoW subscription of 15 dollars and get to play Hearthstone Arenas and all Heroes in Blizzard's upcoming DOTA game for free for each month they subscribe ...

----

Population is no longer a problem with linked realms in patch 5.4
    And revenue wise Hearthstone will be a HUGE system with CCG's known money making techniques.

The rest is history and renders these threads rather useless.
    Last edited by BenBos; 2013-09-07 at 09:06 AM.

The game is awful empty already, AH hardly has anything in it, only see a handful of players in major cities, maybe see a dozen lines of text in a chat the whole time I am playing. So I think what ever they officially claim double it, because it sure seems like it has been at least double what they have previously claimed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    Actually who would NOT get a WoW subscription of 15 dollars and get to play Hearthstone Arenas and all Heroes in Blizzard's upcoming DOTA game for free for each month they subscribe ...
    Better question, why would anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Cobaltius View Post
    The game is awful empty already, AH hardly has anything in it, only see a handful of players in major cities, maybe see a dozen lines of text in a chat the whole time I am playing. So I think what ever they officially claim double it, because it sure seems like it has been at least double what they have previously claimed.

- - - Updated - - -

Better question, why would anyone?
    Because they already rake in almost 1.000 million dollars per year from WOW alone.

So your "assumptions" are countered by dollar signs...

I am sure they will better the 1.4 billion yearly dollars from Blizzard games with the upcoming WOW franchises.

So where does this money come from according to your wet finger ? From Columbian drug deals ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by velde046 View Post
    Oh goody another one of these uninteresting posts. Well my prediction is we'll have a few dozen more of these before the numbers are out....
    Completely with you there. Who, that still plays WoW cares about sub losses or gains? Seems to me the only people who really care of those who don't play anymore or for some reason dislike the game.

An option to vote 'Who gives a stuff' would be nice in the vote.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by loki504 View Post
    keep dreaming. even with 500k subs a mmo can still earn there money.
    Seems like someone can't get a "WOW's going to die" joke, that was here since summer

Deleted
    The patch will bring back some players but it wont bring back more than have quit since July. 5.3 lasted way too long for them to be hoping anything positive. 4 months for such a lackluster patch is just bad. I say they will lose around half a million. And then every quarter after that the numbers will increase, until at the last quarter before the next expansion we will be at 6 million.

imo its going to go down again, that patch has nothing for none raiders (There are alot of us ) , more grinding in a new isle just doesn't tickle my fancy... I'm not going to farm bg's anymore (got 410k hks throughout my 7 years of pvping XD) the pvp is really.. really bad at the moment, 90% of the time more than half the "players" are bots.. and ontop of the glaring unbalance of some classes, the new broken CC system, PVE gear > PVP gear in pvp also rubs me completely in the wrong way. So imo there's nothing more to sub for.. atm im patiently waiting for wildstar (probably wont hold me in the long hall but looks like a great play-through) & for The elder scrolls online.. will i resub to wow again? I dont think so, the reasons i use to play the game are now in complete shambles and i personally dont feel its worth the monthly sub.

Quote Originally Posted by Saeran View Post
    Completely with you there. Who, that still plays WoW cares about sub losses or gains? Seems to me the only people who really care of those who don't play anymore or for some reason dislike the game.

An option to vote 'Who gives a stuff' would be nice in the vote.
    I play and care about the amount of subs.

That would be the option of not clicking on the thread.

New raid content didn't stop subs from bleeding.

At this point, I'd be surprised if subs are neutral or gained in Q3

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garradorr View Post
    Why the hell do people keep creating these stupid threads?

Nevermind i see it's Jaylock no idea why he still visits this forum, put him on ignore a year or so ago.

Oh and the person saying this is MMO champ not wow champ!

Seriously? i mean come on we all know what this sites main source of income is from it's not Star wars or any other failed MMO it's from WoW, so until otherwise keep your stupid it's not just a wow site! to yourself and go sit in your little sub forum.
    hmmmm Gw2 seems to be doing alright.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by melak View Post
    Cant even take your so called "criticism" serious just by looking at your signature....
    Well My sig say's alot of truth

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by daltron View Post
    New raid content didn't stop subs from bleeding.

At this point, I'd be surprised if subs are neutral or gained in Q3
    Well hopefully they don't do what they did with icc and ds or they will have major bleeding

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by But I Hate You All View Post
    Well My sig say's alot of truth
    Your sig is just a plain attack on wow fans. Seriously, if you hate this game, the people that love it and Blizzard in general why are you even here ?. It seems to be the same people who love to predict the sub loss and degrade Blizzard and the wow fan base. It is disgusting and it pisses me off to no end. Why don't you just leave, move past wow if you dislike it. You have to get this, this is a wow based website with wow fans (what a shocker ) so you can't expect die hard fans to not be here. People want to discuss the game they love not have people hating on them because of it. How hard is that to understand, people defend things they care about. I don't know about you but your sig is what is wrong with this community. Degrading. Insulting and pathetic.

Report me for this outburst if you want, I honestly don't care anymore because I have had enough of this crap.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karvak View Post
    Your sig is just a plain attack on wow fans. Seriously, if you hate this game, the people that love it and Blizzard in general why are you even here ?.

That's bullshit and you know it. First off I have said many times there is nothing wrong with being a fan BUT there is something wrong with people who think any criticism is a personal attack. When Did I ever say I hate wow? I just don't like the people who act like you can not say anything negative about the game or criticize and says something is wrong. Big difference between being a Fan and a Fanboy, So no my sig is not a personal attack on "fans" it is 3 different things 1. a link to a video to a Scientific Study Done On Fanboys, 2. A quote from another forum poster and 3. My opinion that you can not reason with a fanboy just add them on ignore.

It seems to be the same people who love to predict the sub loss and degrade Blizzard and the wow fan base.
    People loved to say how the subs have grown when they did, as I said before subs play a important role.

It is disgusting and it pisses me off to no end.
    Why would you go read something that pisses you off

Why don't you just leave, move past wow if you dislike it. You have to get this, this is a wow based website with wow fans (what a shocker ) so you can't expect die hard fans to not be here.
    Who said I hated wow? I do not get that logic, if you do not praise it you hate it!

People want to discuss the game they love not have people hating on them because of it. How hard is that to understand, people defend things they care about.
    The forum is called World of Warcraft General Discussion, no World of Warcraft must only say positive things about wow Discussion.

I don't know about you but your sig is what is wrong with this community. Degrading. Insulting and pathetic.
    No, lots of things are wrong with the community. As for the sig see point 1 Also I personally think taking any criticism towards a game or product as a personal attack is Degrading. Insulting and pathetic.

Report me for this outburst if you want, I honestly don't care anymore because I have had enough of this crap.
    That's between you and the mods not me
    Last edited by But I Hate You All; 2013-09-07 at 07:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by But I Hate You All View Post
    That's bullshit and you know it. First off I have said many times there is nothing wrong with being a fan BUT there is something wrong with people who think any criticism is a personal attack. When Did I ever say I hate wow? I just don't like the people who act like you can not say anything negative about the game or criticize and says something is wrong. Big difference between being a Fan and a Fanboy, So no my sig is not a personal attack on "fans" it is 3 different things 1. a link to a video to a Scientific Study Done On Fanboys, 2. A quote from another forum poster and 3. My opinion that you can not reason with a fanboy just add them on ignore
    Why would I type my comment if it was "bullshit", sorry not going to happen. As people have pointed out it is always Jaylock with this crap, then comes the flow of people out of the woodwork who wait with anticipation and excitement as the report comes out about the subs. I'm sick of it.

(don't bother replying as you are on the good ol' ignore list permanently.)

They are releasing the final boss of this expansion, kick some panda ass in the process and shit all over their lore once again. Considering the mood in my guild, or what remains of it, I think the 100-500k option is the most likely. There will be drops but a there will also be a few people that want to stick their weapon of choice in garry's no-sun-shine-place. I doubt we will see a 600k drop once again, that is if the last few weeks of ToT weren't too bad for the sub count. My personal experience is particulary negative in this case, hence I'm not sure how to extrapolate this in a way that would allow me to make a more precise guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why would I type my comment if it was "bullshit", sorry not going to happen.
    Because you believe it is true

As people have pointed out it is always Jaylock with this crap,
    If you have a issue with a user report or ignore them no reason to call them out

then comes the flow of people out of the woodwork who wait with anticipation and excitement as the report comes out about the subs. I'm sick of it.
    IF you do not want to see it do not click on the thread

(don't bother replying as you are on the good ol' ignore list permanently.)
    Sorry but I don't care if super emotional fans add me to ignore, Also no point of announcing that you are adding someone to ignore.

One can see if the sub loss is affecting you by looking at the activity on your server. The server I am on has already taken a lot of hits during Cata and its now only medium-high, with much fewer fun runs for old content being started

Virtual realms may be too little too late for servers on the brink of population collapse

I hope subs drop to 2-3mils and all crybabies who still play but bullshiting there and there just leave and never return.

Although I enjoy your enthusiasm, Wow hasn't had over 7 million subs since mid/late BC; worldwide, there are 1.2 or so million subs. They only sold 7.5 or so million panda disks, and they have nowhere near 100% retention rate, more like 15%.
    Last edited by tenzing21; 2013-09-07 at 08:20 PM.